Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 60

my 3 pip blocks

masps:
Hi usdivers, I started using 5 pips blocks but then I swith to 10 pips because just the gbp spread is 4, so it takes the formation of 1 block just to cover the spread. But for eur I usually use 5 pips blocks, I think it shows trends better. But some people said it is better with big sizes like 25, I assume because you make more money when the market trend but when the market becomes choppy you will lose more money too. So I don't think I will trade blocks bigger than 10. Besides I have noticed that charts with big renko blocks will not show you trends better than charts with smaller sizes, both charts will show the same, periods of trending market and periods of range market. So I think it just depends of the trader capital and style.

Your not going to beleive this, but I have actually been using 3 pip blocks. Last 2 days I have been able to collect 152 positive pips. I find I can set my stop loss closer with less risk at the swing high or swing low of the renko blocks, once I am in profit 20 pips, I take half off the table, move stop to break even, and then wait for a bb macd dot to go against me before I get rid of last lots.

Files:
gbpusd.gif  20 kb

me too

plcapital:
Hi MASPS. I coudnt find the renkolivechart expert version v3.2, only version 3.0. Would u mind posting it in here. Thx.

ditto xxxx

full workspace

In this chart you can see my entire work space and some other indicators I use to make sure I select the best probability breakout.

Files:
eurusd_1.gif  68 kb

dados77:
HI Pauluk,

thanks for your answer , i'll try to follow u r advice , is first time that i use this kind of script maybe for that is difficult for me to understand and the other part the expert to have the pacience to explain step by step and have the same set up.

Now i try to follow step by step what u tell me :

1 - ok.

2 - i use renko_ashi script and 10,25 pippricebars . i try now with one for example 25 pippricebars.

now i apply the script in the chart 1 min on-line / gpb-usd where i scroll back until 1 october but the chart don't scroll back more than 1 october is that OK ? instead 5 min for example scroll back till august - september , maybe is the chart setting like that .

now the main question is where is possible to set in the script and modify the period ? if i put the script in the chart i see the pop up and in the menu i see in my language something like comun and imput values .

in comun i see pararameters / permit Dll and enable and disable allarm / i confirm everything not only buy and sell in real time i don't know if is that neccesary to use the script ? instead the other menu / there are : BArs range 25 - time frame 25 - max bars 100000 , only this parameters in , imput values .

so the question is where do u see the voice period and where i put the no. 2 ?

i wating u r reply ,

Many thanks ,

David.

Hey no problem, it can be confusing if u haven't used something like this before.

I am attaching an ea that i use. Use this instead of the script. Put it in your experts folder. Restart your platform. Then add it as an ea. on your 1 min chart. Make sure the expert advisor tab is clicked on and u have a smiley face.

On the inputs tab of the ea, enter the box size u want, say 5 for 5 pip, 10 for 10 pip etc. Default is 4. On Renko Time Frame, enter the tf u want to recognise as your renko chart. So say 2. If u want to see wicks (I do), set this to true. On the Common tab, all the main boxes should be ticked, and the sub boxes unticked ( this is default setting I think). It won't take a trade, so don't worry about ticking Allow live trading box, this simply feeds the m2 chart. Press OK.

Now on your platform go to File, then Offline. The offline charts window will pop up. There select the m2 chart for your chosen pair and open. Now your m2 chart opens with the renko bars on it. Apply your indicators and templates, and you're done.

It is better to use the ea version since as has been said, when u close and then reopen your platform, the charts and renko opens up automatically.

If u want to have two renko's on the same pair, you will need to open 2 m1 charts, and apply the ea, specifying a different time frame to distinguish between the two, so u could have a m3 chart for a 10 pip box and a m2 chart for 5 pip, or whatever box size u have gone for.

Hope that helps

Pardy

Files:

bb macd

kerty9:
Please re-download the indicator again as I had to modify minor logic related to placement of signal arrows regarding their distance from the signal dots and band lines. Added email and box alerts. I copied the code from another alert indicator. Let me know if it does not work.

Hi Kerty9. I tried to utilize your signal indicator on the offline chart. It immediately went flat, unlike the regular BB MACD version. Any idea why?

plcapital:
Hi MASPS. I coudnt find the renkolivechart expert version v3.2, only version 3.0. Would u mind posting it in here. Thx.

Hey, I download it from here but now is gone... is not in the thread. Anyway, here it is.

Files:

plcapital:
Hi Kerty9. I tried to utilize your signal indicator on the offline chart. It immediately went flat, unlike the regular BB MACD version. Any idea why?

plcapital go to his post and download it again, I think he fixed that problem.

usdivers:
Your not going to beleive this, but I have actually been using 3 pip blocks. Last 2 days I have been able to collect 152 positive pips. I find I can set my stop loss closer with less risk at the swing high or swing low of the renko blocks, once I am in profit 20 pips, I take half off the table, move stop to break even, and then wait for a bb macd dot to go against me before I get rid of last lots.

Awesome!!! Good for you usdivers. I always thought that small renko sizes could be a very good scalping or intraday strategy and your results confirm that. Your trading style is very similar than mine even though I am not using the HA indicator. I just want to ask you, from those indicators in your chart which one is the one that will trigger your entry? Happy pips.

my trigger

masps:
Awesome!!! Good for you usdivers. I always thought that small renko sizes could be a very good scalping or intraday strategy and your results confirm that. Your trading style is very similar than mine even though I am not using the HA indicator. I just want to ask you, from those indicators in your chart which one is the one that will trigger your entry? Happy pips.

My trigger for intraday is mainly the max bars, if it breaks past .04 either short or long, as long as the current renko blocks agree. Here you can see I got a quick 30 pips trading it this way in the asian session.

Files:
eurjpy_2.gif  70 kb

in addition

masps:

In addition I use this chart as well to make sure I am on the right side of the trade trend for best probability.

Files:
mtfrsi.gif  23 kb
Reason: