Please fix this indicator or EA - page 59

WR1:
Please can someone have a look at this indicator, ive changed it into a slope, but now it repaints alittle

also tried to add the text alert, and it appears, but does n't change with the direction

any help appreciated

thanks alot

WR1

Try it out now

Files:

Help needed with EA problem

I've got a strange order problem with this EA based on the VQ indicator, it's supposed to initiate orders at bar close and it works fine on the sell orders, which are initiated exactly at bar close and allowing for slippage, fill within a pip or two. However, the buy orders are being initiated anything from a few pips to 15 pips higher than bar close. Also it seems that the bigger the time frame, the bigger the gap.

I'm running it on an Alpari UK demo account and it does it on both backtest and forward testing. I've tried to fix it but I just don't have the skill level, any help sorting it out would be greatly appreciated.

Files:
vq_ea.mq4  34 kb
vq.mq4  8 kb

Thanks alot Mladen

it seems to work well

i've spent a good few hrs trying to fix it

so very much appreciated!

litplum:
I've got a strange order problem with this EA based on the VQ indicator, it's supposed to initiate orders at bar close and it works fine on the sell orders, which are initiated exactly at bar close and allowing for slippage, fill within a pip or two. However, the buy orders are being initiated anything from a few pips to 15 pips higher than bar close. Also it seems that the bigger the time frame, the bigger the gap. I'm running it on an Alpari UK demo account and it does it on both backtest and forward testing. I've tried to fix it but I just don't have the skill level, any help sorting it out would be greatly appreciated.

litplum

Your EA works OK

It opens Sell orders at Bid price and Buy orders at Ask price (as it should). Ask is almost never the same as close (unlike the Bid price that is if not equal then almost the same as close). So it depends on your broker and on the Bid to Ask spread how much will the open price for Buy order differ from close price as well as how fast the orders are executed

Hi Mladen

there seems to be a slight issue with the shuffle function, not exactly sure what it does

but possibly similar to mode

it does nt seem to work anymore, and only moves the slope up and down abit,

option 1 never worked, but 2 made it very slightly quicker

is there any chance you could have another quick look please

thanks alot

WR1:
Hi Mladen

there seems to be a slight issue with the shuffle function, not exactly sure what it does

but possibly similar to mode

it does nt seem to work anymore, and only moves the slope up and down abit,

option 1 never worked, but 2 made it very slightly quicker

is there any chance you could have another quick look please

thanks alot

WR1

As far as I see it, in that indicator shuffle is simply a deviations and SMA (simple moving average) calculation period and it seems to be working the same way as it was before. Here is a comparison of the two (lower is the old indicator) with "shuffle" set to 15

Files:
slope.gif  38 kb

Hi Mladen

my apologies,

it probably does work ok - i was comparing with the old repainter, and forgot that ones re-painting a sell bar, back one bar

thanks again

mladen:
litplum

Your EA works OK

It opens Sell orders at Bid price and Buy orders at Ask price (as it should). Ask is almost never the same as close (unlike the Bid price that is if not equal then almost the same as close). So it depends on your broker and on the Bid to Ask spread how much will the open price for Buy order differ from close price as well as how fast the orders are executed

Thanks Mladen. I'm relatively new to MT4, having done all my trading on IG index who divide the spread evenly between bid and ask, it just didn't occur to me that Alpari load the buys with all the spread. Oh well another lesson learned.

BTW, that Synbar 1.01 did the trick, so thanks again.

Until the next time.

Plese, help modify reversalfractal indicator to show SR

I'm looking for non repainting Support and Resistance indicator that will display like the attached Buy-Sell Alert SR indicator but i haven't find any.

The barry and KG SR indicator was made using fractal indicator but they are also repaiting. Then i find the attached Reversalfractal arrow indicator that do not repaint and i need help to modify it to show support and resistance like the attached Bur-Sell Alert indicator instead of arrow. and to have all the settings in the input of the attached Buy-sell alert indicator.

Please,help do it.

Thanks

gbemitte:
I'm looking for non repainting Support and Resistance indicator that will display like the attached Buy-Sell Alert SR indicator but i haven't find any.

The barry and KG SR indicator was made using fractal indicator but they are also repaiting. Then i find the attached Reversalfractal arrow indicator that do not repaint and i need help to modify it to show support and resistance like the attached Bur-Sell Alert indicator instead of arrow. and to have all the settings in the input of the attached Buy-sell alert indicator.

Please,help do it.

Thanks

gbemitte

Actually ReversalFractals indicator can repaint (this is the first time, for example, that different types of fractals are filled in into the same buffer, and along with not cleaning buffers as well as using variables on a global scope even when the new ticks come in (in which case those variables "inherit" future values) there is too much points in that indicator that can cause problems)

Reason: