Please fix this indicator or EA - page 62

oguntosin:
Please, help me fix this indicator,

1. it doesn't update on chart until i refresh/ re-attached it to the chart.

2. It didn't shown on daily time frame. 9 I want it to show on all timeframe.

Thanks for your help.

please help

Hi Mladen, In the first part of my last post, I assumed you had provided a version of the EA I'd missed, it wasn't til I looked at the code this morning that I realised you had modded the original for me. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I set the modded EA to run overnight on a 1m TF chart with MTF set to 5m, it's opening and closing trades OK, but at close of the 5m TF bar. So it's both generating signals and taking the trades on the 5m tf, the effect being that you might as well dispense with MTF and run it straight on the 5m TF. So unlessicustom() callcan be modified to take the trades on the chart TF, it's not really the answer.

In the original version (as far as I can see anyway) signals are given on the MTF TF and trades are opened/closed on the chart TF, at the close of the corresponding chart TF bar the signal came on. This would be perfect if it didn't miss trades, there must be a reason why it's doing this, can you (or anyone else) help sort it out?

Many thanks....

oguntosin:
Please, help me fix this indicator,

1. it doesn't update on chart until i refresh/ re-attached it to the chart.

2. It didn't shown on daily time frame. 9 I want it to show on all timeframe.

Thanks for your help.
oguntosin:
please help

It was made to work so

And it works just in certain time (for example, on daily chart it will check current bar only from 23:58:50 to 00:10:10) Why is it made so perhaps is best to ask the author of the indicator since there is a clear intention to filter out time to only certain time periods

litplum:
Hi Mladen, In the first part of my last post, I assumed you had provided a version of the EA I'd missed, it wasn't til I looked at the code this morning that I realised you had modded the original for me. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I set the modded EA to run overnight on a 1m TF chart with MTF set to 5m, it's opening and closing trades OK, but at close of the 5m TF bar. So it's both generating signals and taking the trades on the 5m tf, the effect being that you might as well dispense with MTF and run it straight on the 5m TF. So unlessicustom() callcan be modified to take the trades on the chart TF, it's not really the answer.

In the original version (as far as I can see anyway) signals are given on the MTF TF and trades are opened/closed on the chart TF, at the close of the corresponding chart TF bar the signal came on. This would be perfect if it didn't miss trades, there must be a reason why it's doing this, can you (or anyone else) help sort it out?

Many thanks....

What I did is moving time frame parameter from parameters to indicator to parameter to iCustom() (second parameter of iCustom() is the time frame) in 2 occurences of iCustom() call. If it changed it the way you describe it, then the indicator does not work with time frame parameter properly and you will not get proper signals

mladen:
What I did is moving time frame parameter from parameters to indicator to parameter to iCustom() (second parameter of iCustom() is the time frame) in 2 occurences of iCustom() call. If it changed it the way you describe it, then the indicator does not work with time frame parameter properly and you will not get proper signals

So you think the problem might be with the VQ indicator, not with the EA?

litplum:
So you think the problem might be with the VQ indicator, not with the EA?

Do a very simple test : post that indicator on chart and set it to some higher time frame. Now watch the values it has written out next to it's name (the ones with decimal values). Then change the time frame and see what are the values written out on a new chart. If it works as multi time frame should the values must be exactly the same regardless of what time frame you are watching (as long as the target time frame is greater than or equal to the chart time frame).

mladen:
Do a very simple test : post that indicator on chart and set it to some higher time frame. Now watch the values it has written out next to it's name (the ones with decimal values). Then change the time frame and see what are the values written out on a new chart. If it works as multi time frame should the values must be exactly the same regardless of what time frame you are watching (as long as the target time frame is greater than or equal to the chart time frame).

OK, I just tried it on a 1m chart with MTF set at 30m, the indi read out (as above) showed VQM30, I then changed chart tf to 5m, then 15m. With each tf change the indi readout remained the same at VQM30.

litplum:
OK, I just tried it on a 1m chart with MTF set at 30m, the indi read out (as above) showed VQM30, I then changed chart tf to 5m, then 15m. With each tf change the indi readout remained the same at VQM30.

Take a look at the two examples bellow and what you should look for. If on the target time frame it has some value for the current bar, it MUST BE THE SAME on lower time frame too. If it is different, then there is some problem. Plus, if you watch it closely you will see two places on 1 hour chart where it repainted the "classical" way

Files:
vq_h1_-_30.gif  35 kb
vq_h1_-_60.gif  40 kb

mladen:
Take a look at the two examples bellow and what you should look for. If on the target time frame it has some value for the current bar, it MUST BE THE SAME on lower time frame too. If it is different, then there is some problem. Plus, if you watch it closely you will see two places on 1 hour chart where it repainted the "classical" way

OK I can see that Mladen, what do you think the problem might be?

Do you think your version of the VQ (Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows.mq4) that's posted in the Elite section will have the same problem??

litplum:
OK I can see that Mladen, what do you think the problem might be? Do you think your version of the VQ (Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows.mq4) that's posted in the Elite section will have the same problem??

Same examples as in my previous post except that in this case it is Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows. Picture tells more than thousand words

Files:
Reason: