Everything about RSI - page 72

kubi:
Hi Mladen You made a indicator me and Please could you add divergence on it?? thx & regards kubi:)

Kubi added the divergence lines and arrows.

Files:

sebastianK:
My eternal question Can we have it for tradestation too, please?

Tradestation version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

very very thanks dear mrtrools & mladen...Regards kubi:)

Hi mladen,

I tried your dynamic zone RSI with dll and for AUDJPY 1min RSI50 look back 7200 prob buy/sell 0.002 it calculates lower band as 0.0048. It is attached as a sixth instance of this indicator, for other 5 charts it displays both bands correctly. Is it too many charts with this indicator maybe in one terminal ??

I also noticed that it displays nothing when prob buy/sell is set to 0.001

So far i tried 2 version of self adjusting RSI, RSI with BB, RSI floating levels, and another dynamic zone RSI indi and none of them was able to point extreme of RSI correctly so I'm trying this with dll now

Obviously for RSI instead of levels you have to specify the 2 probabilities so is there any proof somewhere that this method is superior

against optimized level values ??? Dynamic zone article Stocks & Commodities V15:7 (306-310): Dynamic Zones by Leo Zamansky, Ph.D., and David Stendahl only make comparision to fixed 30/70 levels not optimized.

Krzysztof

Files:
audjpy.jpg  318 kb

i changed the lookback to 1440 for AUDJPY and it started display correctly both bands

now the error in calculation of lower band is clearly visible. Settings are RSI50, 1440, 0.002, 0.002

Files:
audjpy_1.jpg  348 kb

OK, history center didn't have enough bars for AUDJPY so most likely lookback was bigger than max bars in the history file. After download all is OK. It was 1st time that I was using AUDJPY in this instance of MT4

fajst_k:
now the error in calculation of lower band is clearly visible. Settings are RSI50, 1440, 0.002, 0.002

Krzysztof

Seems that you have very few bars in that in that chart.

If you are using 1440 for look back it will need more bars to calculate, otherwise the value will be inacurate or returned as 0 in cases when the calculation can not calculate from the data it has been given (which is only natural since there is not enough data to calculate) - for that given look back period those are not correct values for the oldest 1440 bars of the chart - not enough data. Set the maximum number of bars on chart to bigger number and make sure that data is downloaded. Here is an example where I use 50.000 bars on chart with those setting and II marked where the accurate calculation starts

So if you wish to see older periods, make sure that there is enough data for the lookback to be able to calculate it correctly. It would be the same as if we would like to calculate a moving average of 100 bars using 10 bars sample - it is inacurate in that case as any other calculation with a lack of data. So it is not an error, but a simple lack of data for given - required number of look back bars

As of 0.001 limit : it is done for practical reasons - 100% accurate probability is not possible and 0.001 as a limit seemed as a logical choice

Files:
dz_1440.gif  99 kb

T3 rsi indicator

Files:

RSI vs RSX vs RSX on Jurik smooth

Here I made fast analysis of RSI versus its derivatives RSX and RSX on Jurik smooth.

You can clearly see here that e.g. RSX on Jurik smooth makes substantial overshoot,

price makes lower low, RSI lower lows but RSX on Jurik smooth made double bottom.

Both of them made also made higher high even RSI made lower high and also

overshoot 50 level when RSI found resistance there.

So RSI on raw data is the best !!!

Comparing RSX vs RSX on Jurik smooth perhaps RSX is better as it overshoots less.

Files:
rsx.jpg  418 kb
rsx.mq4  4 kb
Reason: