Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 637

mladen:
Polynomial regression (i-regr) indicator made compatible with new builds too : i-regr_mtf_nmc.mq4

sir mladen, this indicator repaint or not? thanks

qwex:
hi mladen,

unfortunately, your indicator TVI_v2 mtf nmc (from here Multi Timeframe Indicators - Page 637) doesn't work correctly in the tester of MT4 build 625. At the same time it works correctly in real trading.

I don't undestand the problem, the code seems to me correct. With the previous build 610 everything was fine.

Could u fix the bug, please? I suspect that the problem is in arrays but who knows ...

The "bug" is in the way how metatrader calculates data when you back test and you want to see higher time frame. For example you start your visual back test on 1 minute chart from 01.01.2013 and you wish to see 5 minute data. That requires some 13.000 5 minute bars. If your number of max bars on chart is less than that number, you will not get any result from the indicator (since metatrader limits the "other time frame" to that max bars on chart)

Set the max bars on chart to bigger number and make sure that you have enough data of higher time frame in history

In the old version also make sure that you set the BarCount to some big number. Attaching a newer version that is much simpler and which does the work a bit more efficiently. But when properly set, both work in the visual back test too.

Here is an example : 1 minute visual back test, upper is the new, lower is the old with BarCount set to 15.000 max bars on chart in the options set to 50.000 and starting data is 01.01.2013. As you can see both are visible and work OK

Files:
tvi.gif  56 kb

suat:
sir mladen, this indicator repaint or not? thanks

suat

Polynomial regression (i-regr) recalculates/repaints. It is its nature

Updated Svinozavr indicator : svinozavr_mtf_nmc.mq4

Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page321

Files:

guest21:
Hello,

Please add in the indicator the function Multi Time Frame and function shift horizontally, that it was possible to choose any bar of mixing forward and back.

Thank you!

guest21

Here you go

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

Files:

Dear Mladen

Would you please add mtf option in attached indicator

Thanks in advance

secretcode

Files:

mladen:
The "bug" is in the way how metatrader calculates data when you back test and you want to see higher time frame. For example you start your visual back test on 1 minute chart from 01.01.2013 and you wish to see 5 minute data. That requires some 13.000 5 minute bars. If your number of max bars on chart is less than that number, you will not get any result from the indicator (since metatrader limits the "other time frame" to that max bars on chart)

Set the max bars on chart to bigger number and make sure that you have enough data of higher time frame in history

In the old version also make sure that you set the BarCount to some big number. Attaching a newer version that is much simpler and which does the work a bit more efficiently. But when properly set, both work in the visual back test too.

Here is an example : 1 minute visual back test, upper is the new, lower is the old with BarCount set to 15.000 max bars on chart in the options set to 50.000 and starting data is 01.01.2013. As you can see both are visible and work OK

mladen,

thank u very much for the new version and comments!

As I expected in the new version u don't use array functions ArrayResize, ArraySetAsSeries, iMAOnArray and deleted SyncExtraBuffers (shift extra buffers on new bar). The code looks now much more easier for understanding.

I tried to create something similar with the original version TVI_v2, but there was a mistake in my code I didn't understand. Also in your version I use the parameter TimeFrame="current time frame", so the mistakes with the lack of data in history are excluded.

Anyways, two questions for me left:

1) why under the same conditions the indicator (TVI_v2 mtf nmc with the parameter TimeFrame="current time frame") worked correctly in the 610 build, and the problem appeared in the new build 625?

2) why the author of the original version TVI_v2 used array functions ArrayResize, ArraySetAsSeries, iMAOnArray if the code could have made much more easier than it is now?

Ichimoku version from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page322 updated and some errors in the code corrected (now all elements can easily be hidden or un-hidden) : ichimoku_mtf_nmc.mq4

Original was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page322

Files:

jjventural:
Hi I have this useful indicator to draw ichimoku clouds, but I would need it to be mtf in order to have in the same chart several ichimoku clouds from several timeframes. Many thanks in advance...

JJventural, since that indicator is decompiled have no idea exactly what it does but since you mentioned ichimoku clouds have this one that may work for you.

Updated version posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

Files:

Dear mladen,

can you or any one out there please help add multi time frame option to the attached indicator. Or point me in the right direction if there is a similar one already available. It should be compatible with the new mt4.

Files:
Reason: