Everything about RSI - page 77

One more version of rsi chart bars rsi_chart_bars.mq4

Files:

Hi,

Anyone know how to add rsi value on each high-low of zigzag ? The indi is based on Mladen's code

b-test5.mq4

Files:

mladen:
You can try out this version too : multi-timeframe-indicators-rsi_filter_mtf.mq4 Set the up and down levels both to 50 in order to work as you need it

Mr Mladen, I want to thank you very much for this indi and would like to know if it is possable to have an alert when three time frames are all green or all red , see my picture. I hope this may not be too much to ask but if so, thankyou anyway for the indi,

Regards Pat,

Pathenry:
Mr Mladen, I want to thank you very much for this indi and would like to know if it is possable to have an alert when three time frames are all green or all red , see my picture. I hope this may not be too much to ask but if so, thankyou anyway for the indi, Regards Pat,

Pathenry

It is possible, but combining multiple time frame signals is not a good practice. Imagine that you want to combine a signal on 1 month closed bar and 1 minute closed bar. You would be combining signal 1 month ago and 1 minute ago which does not have any sense

Hello mr Mladen and thank you for your reply. If you were to look at the attached trend following system the idea was to match the 1hr rsi with the two longer trend times together with cross of two moving averages. TEB: 20 RSI and 5 & 12 EMAs @ Forex Factory

Thank you again

, Pat

Pathenry:
Hello mr Mladen and thank you for your reply. If you were to look at the attached trend following system the idea was to match the 1hr rsi with the two longer trend times together with cross of two moving averages. TEB: 20 RSI and 5 & 12 EMAs @ Forex Factory

Thank you again

, Pat

Pathenry

Please read my post again for an explanation what is happening when multiple time frames are combined into a signal, Combining current values is going to give you a lot of false signals and combining previous value incompatible values (that were nothing like that most of the time)

Thankyou. I understand what your saying. I have heard so many people say to trade only in the direction of the longer term trend. I guess I need to revisit things. Bless

Pathenry:
Thankyou. I understand what your saying. I have heard so many people say to trade only in the direction of the longer term trend. I guess I need to revisit things. Bless

Trading in the direction of the longer time frame is one thing (when you are looking for signals on a lower time frame for entries) and is usal in any trend trading system.

Combining multiple time frames in one "signal" is a completely different thing. See your example picture and imagine what was the value of the higher time frame at some point and how many signals are rendered worthless just because higher time frame changed in the mean time. Use it for some time and you shall see that the only way to use multiple time frames is not in signaling mode but in manual decision mode. But then, that is just my opinion after a couple of years of trading. I guess a lot of people will disagree and I hope they can help you with a system that will work OK

happy trading

mladen:
Trading in the direction of the longer time frame is one thing (when you are looking for signals on a lower time frame for entries) and is usal in any trend trading system.

Combining multiple time frames in one "signal" is a completely different thing. See your example picture and imagine what was the value of the higher time frame at some point and how many signals are rendered worthless just because higher time frame changed in the mean time. Use it for some time and you shall see that the only way to use multiple time frames is not in signaling mode but in manual decision mode. But then, that is just my opinion after a couple of years of trading. I guess a lot of people will disagree and I hope they can help you with a system that will work OK

happy trading

Mladen is right, best way to use them is to see market condition (overbought/oversold), not for signal...

Now we are looking through the same lense . The reason for the alert was not to trade from but to have operating in the background and save me clicking through all pairs regularly looking for correct conditions in which I may find a good setup. The attached picture shows a good example of the trading conditions when Daily, 4hr and 1hr rsi are all in agreement. From hear one could then move down to trade 15 min tf if they wanted. I really do appreciate your responding to me. I have struggled for so long trying to get on top of trading succesfully .

Pat.

Files:
usdcad-xp-h1.png  127 kb
Reason: