Everything about RSI - page 74

f3n_dy:

i mean rsi all tf like the image and add some alert for tf we choose for alert show..

and also can add pair we choose more than one..so i dont need finding pair with oversold or overbought rsi manual draging pair..

Not a bad idea but, I think a "dashboard" of different currencies and time frames based on RSX (or RSI) indicating direction and whether above or below 50 (with use input) would have better capabilities. With so many dashboards out there maybe one already exists...anybody know?

gcgman:
Not a bad idea but, I think a "dashboard" of different currencies and time frames based on RSX (or RSI) indicating direction and whether above or below 50 (with use input) would have better capabilities. With so many dashboards out there maybe one already exists...anybody know?

yeah..dashboard is good ..help to choose which pair have opportunity to trade...

mrtools:
Kubi added the divergence lines and arrows.

hello...

can u make this kubi divergence become MTF 2 version like this?

thanks

Files:
gab.jpg  50 kb
gab2.jpg  299 kb

Rsi of adaptive smoother : rsi_of_adaptive_smoother.ex4

Since smoother is adaptive it makes the rsi too implicitly adaptive (rsi is hard to make adaptive due to its integer calculation period nature) and to keep it smooth. This one seems to be doing it OK.

PS: the indicator is built with build 628. It was not tested with lower builds

mladen:
Noticed just now that we do not have a Cuttler RSI in a standalone version here, so posting this one to fill in the gap.

Some more information about Cuttler's RSI can be found here : Relative Strength Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . On the bellow example picture gray is the regular RSI and red is the Cutller's RSI. It is a bit "faster" than the regular RSI and partially avoids the "flattening" problem of regular RSI. Also, unlike the regular rsi, the slope (the slope to the previous value) of this one actually changes with different calculation lengths

Today I have noticed that Cuttler's has one error in the way how it is defined and calculated (the definition of calculation can be found in the upper wikipedia link)

The error is following : when the price is constantly rising, Cuttelr's RSI will calculate a wrong results (simple average of sum of negative differences is 0 in that case) and it will show a completely wrong results in that case. The error comes from the authors assumption that the price will never make a streak of rising values (which is in some cases wrong - especially for short calculating periods or simply try to apply it to filtered prices)

This is the correct Cuttler's rsi (that corrects that error )

cuttler_rsi_2.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Today I have noticed that Cuttler's has one error in the way how it is defined and calculated (the definition of calculation can be found in the upper wikipedia link)

The error is following : when the price is constantly rising, Cuttelr's RSI will calculate a wrong results (simple average of sum of negative differences is 0 in that case) and it will show a completely wrong results in that case. The error comes from the authors assumption that the price will never make a streak of rising values (which is in some cases wrong - especially for short calculating periods or simply try to apply it to filtered prices)

This is the correct Cuttler's rsi (that corrects that error )

cuttler_rsi_2.mq4

Does the regular RSI have similar problem?

Sometimes I notice difference between metatrader 4 RSI and tradestation RSI

techmac:
Does the regular RSI have similar problem? Sometimes I notice difference between metatrader 4 RSI and tradestation RSI

There are some differences. You can check with this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733/page14 as an example (set the ma period to 1 and then you will have rsi colored on the slope of rsi). That one calculates RSI correctly

mladen:
There are some differences. You can check with this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733/page14 as an example (set the ma period to 1 and then you will have rsi colored on the slope of rsi). That one calculates RSI correctly

Neat trick Thanks for the link

f3n_dy:
hello...

can u make this kubi divergence become MTF 2 version like this?

thanks

Hello F3n_dy, no not able to make it like that.

mrtools:
Hello F3n_dy, no not able to make it like that.

ok...thanks..i think can make digital like that..more quickly to filter pair to trade...

Reason: