Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 20

ElectricSavant:
sure matrixebiz I will try,

CLOSE ALL: Default is false, just leave this alone, unless you want to get flat (change to true). If you want to get flat you might change RESTART: "false".

RESTART: Default is true, leave this alone unless you want to stop trading after you exit

Step: Grid space

FirstLot: Lotsize. This is specified here, because you can add an increase for subsuquent lots

IncLot: This is how the EA adds lots...zero would mean there is no progression

MinProfit: This is in dollars for a global exit of this side. This is rather special as it does not operate as you might expect and close all. Wadda Attar has it closing for minimum profit and some trades may be left open. the jury is still out on if this is best for a hedging technique as we have modified. It might be the preferred method.

Magic: You know

Comment: We can write what we wish here and the EA will print it the trade column, when viewing the MT4 terminal. I like to sort by that column when looking. Some speculate that the dealer can see this and note it on the trade tickets that go by. I really do not know...but everybody should have their own unique comments just in case, so don't all of you use fade and pyramid.

This is a hedging EA matrixebiz, so the next inputs are simply a repeat for the other side. You could get real tricky here and weight this side differently than the first side. The first side above, I comment as "Fade", as it adds sells on a rise and buys on a fall...it fades.....

The side below pyramids...so I comment it "Pyramid" ..but you can call it what you wish. Anyways, it buys into the rise and sells into the fall. thus it is a hedge to the first side above. Now when one side reaches its global profit and exits for its min profit this can get a little lopsided in the hedge, but as you run it you will learn that maybe weighting could help...maybe not... the progression of this simple EA is tough to visualize...I really do not know yet. Some of the experienced traders/hedgers may have some insight, such as yourself.

CLOSE ALL: Default is false, just leave this alone, unless you want to get flat (change to true). If you want to get flat you might change RESTART: "false".

RESTART: Default is true, leave this alone unless you want to stop trading after you exit

Step: Grid space

FirstLot: Lotsize. This is specified here, because you can add an increase for subsuquent lots

IncLot: This is how the EA adds lots...zero would mean there is no progression

MinProfit: This is in dollars for a global exit of this side. This is rather special as it does not operate as you might expect and close all. Wadda Attar has it closing for minimum profit and some trades may be left open. the jury is still out on if this is best for a hedging technique as we have modified. It might be the preferred method.

Magic: You know

Comment: We can write what we wish here and the EA will print it the trade column, when viewing the MT4 terminal. I like to sort by that column when looking. Some speculate that the dealer can see this and note it on the trade tickets that go by. I really do not know...but everybody should have their own unique comments just in case, so don't all of you use fade and pyramid.

Start Balance: $1,054.10, 15 step/1.0 FirstLot/0.0 IncLot/50.0 MinProfit, started 7:21 (gmt) 08/20/08

Balance now.. $1,158.10

Equity........... $1,049.10, I have seen 20% IntraReport DD

Ok, thanks man. Any future improvement plans on this EA or is this it and we just need to find the right settings per currency?

also, is TradeBalancer just the same as the others but has options to change Fade or Pyramid with different settings?

Which version is the newest but only has one option that controls both?

There is just the Waddah Attar Win TradeBalancer from post 162, which gives you the flexibility to control each side...we transitioned to a single chart version...Thus far this version is more stable, than separating the EA's in two charts.

You could use the previous version on post 155 on two charts and use two of the reverse versions if you wish...or two of the fade versions if you wish...each one has its own global exit...

For instance one on the EUR/USD and then the same EA on the USD/CHF (use different magic numbers).

ES

matrixebiz:
also, is TradeBalancer just the same as the others but has options to change Fade or Pyramid with different settings? Which version is the newest but only has one option that controls both?

i juz used this ea...

..and my i did saw the buy and sell limit,plus my real account only have 7 bucks.

I wonder , when will the EA close a trade with profit after opening and closing trade without any cents ?

thank you

Dunhill

Hi Dunhill,

I don't use it on gpbjpy. TP is always step-spread. Now I'm checking eurgbp and eurchf, because they are more correllated pairs (not trending to much). As per this and wadah system it is better to choose ranging pairs not trending. It helps to reduce DD. In big trends DD is dangerous if you use small step and have many loss orders. What about "my" system EA? Can you help with it?

Happy trading!

BRGDS

dunhill,

I have never used the "close all" input in Tradebalancer. Does it close the pending orders too?

ES

Can you guys post your set files?

I'm sure your still not using g_MinProfit=450;, correct?

read my small print....ITS ALL THERE

matrixebiz:
Can you guys post your set files? I'm sure your still not using g_MinProfit=450;, correct?

Just wanted to report my test on cable is behaving nicely just now with the 15 step. I have had four exits and banked about 10 bucks each. I have not intervened... just set and run. I have not noticed a progressively growing DD...which worries me about this strategy....But I have only tested under 1 day! The EUR/GBP pair would be interesting to test this on. The more volatile the pair is the wider the step that is needed (I prefer tame pairs ☺). Guppy is a "wild child" and I would need a minimum of a 30 step there.

Start Balance $982.10, 15 step/0.2 FirstLot/0.0 IncLot/10.0 MinProfit, started 20:22 (gmt) 08/20/08

Balance now. $1,010.90

Equity.......... $989.70 Highest DD seen: 4%

OpenTrades. 4

Net Profit..... $7.60, 0.77%

Observation:

Eventually on the, "set and let run", on Tradebalancer, what happens is that you are left with danglers at the top and bottom....

What I do not know yet:
  • Are these hedged danglers?
  • Does the distance between the danglers, assuming there is a long and short, widen?
  • Does the DD grow as the hedge matures, requiring an eventual "manual close all" of both sides and starting over, thus resetting the grid borders of danglers? If this DD in fact does grow does the velocity of the TP's increase or decrease faster or slower?

ES

Start Balance $982.10, 15 step/0.2 FirstLot/0.0 IncLot/10.0 MinProfit, started 20:22 (gmt) 08/20/08

Balance now. $1,031.10

Equity.......... $997.30 Highest DD seen: 5%

OpenTrades. 8

Net Profit..... $15.20, 1.54%

MAKING 1- 1.5% PER DAY EVEN IF THE DANGLERS NEED TO BE DELT WITH IS A GOOD THING, AS I REPORT THE NET PROFIT FROM THE EQUITY NOT THE BALANCE. LETS SEE HOW BIG THE DD GETS BEFORE THE "MANUAL CLOSE ALL" MUST TAKE PLACE. WE NEED TO SEE IF THE ACCELERATION OF PROFIT SLOWS DOWN DURING THE WAIT ALSO...THERE CAN BE SOME OBSERVATIONS MADE AS TO WHAT IS BEST..."MANUAL CLOSE ALL" EARLY IN THE GAP...OR " MANUAL CLOSE ALL" AS LATE AS POSSIBLE.