Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 27

late edit

Actually nasty spikes help this EA....

Ok

1. Do you ever sleep?

2. Perhaps you can ask your very helpful coder friend(dunhill?) to help as he is doing a fantastic job.

3. If you get stuck I will have a go it myself.

4. I still think you will need something else in your arsenal to combat strong trends.

waltini,

I like

Lets get it done!

ES

P.S. there should be an order of steps specified from the input menu separated with comma's with 20 possible entries...after 20 entries, the last one repeats

dunhill said upfront that he was only available a few days...and he always drops in like an angel and takes me by surprise...he told me to fire away with my requests and I did. But this is a work-in-progress and I need to "arrive".

matrixebiz has the "talent" also

Perhaps he is up to it....

Hey coders this is a community project...jump in here and lets gets an increasing step.. or a Specified Step progression...

The beauty of this EA is that we do not need to know the direction...once we start getting into prediction and weighting as I originally wanted to do...we defy the beauty of this system.

However the short term correllation between the EUR/USD and USD/CHF got way way out of whack this afternoon....The EUR/USD is really doing strange stuff! It will take some time for the USD/CHF to catch up...and we are trading much shorter term than that...so we need to deal with this and when one side only progresses to 0.08 lots and the otherside is at 0.20 lot...well we need to get balance..

DrivenMotivatedInspired&SleeplessSavant

waltini:
1. Do you ever sleep?

2. Perhaps you can ask your very helpful coder friend(dunhill?) to help as he is doing a fantastic job.

3. If you get stuck I will have a go it myself.

4. I still think you will need something else in your arsenal to combat strong trends.

When I was looking at your CloseAll PL EA something didn't look right but I went with it anyway but it was just confirmed that if Account Margin is 0 and CloseAll PL is set to TP at 0, once WAW EA opens new trades after all is closed by CloseAll PL, AccountMargin and ClosePL PcntMargin TP is also 0, it will activate and close all the new pending orders that the WAW EA just placed, so on and so on.

This new version should fix that; You wouldn't notice that with the ClosePL EA because you probably never set Tprofit at 0 but with the new self adjusting version, TP can be 0 if there are no open orders to check Margin against will keep closing all new pending orders.

ahhh...so when it was closing pending I wasn't dreaming...Thanks Mb...

I dowmloaded this immediatley...

How are your tests coming along?

ES

P.S. I will put my charts back on M5...silly me I thought it may be the TF that I was viewing that caused this....I do not know much about coding ☺

matrixebiz:
When I was looking at your CloseAll PL EA something didn't look right but I went with it anyway but it was just confirmed that if Account Margin is 0 and CloseAll PL is set to TP at 0, once WAW EA opens new trades after all is closed by CloseAll PL, AccountMargin and ClosePL PcntMargin TP is also 0, it will activate and close all the new pending orders that the WAW EA just placed, so on and so on. This new version should fix that; You wouldn't notice that with the ClosePL EA because you probably never set Tprofit at 0 but with the new self adjusting version, TP can be 0 if there are no open orders to check Margin against will keep closing all new pending orders.

ElectricSavant:
ahhh...so when it was closing pending I wasn't dreaming...Thanks Mb...

I dowmloaded this immediatley...

How are your tests coming along?

ES

P.S. I will put my charts back on M5...silly me I thought it may be the TF that I was viewing that caused this....I do not know much about coding ☺

Well, I started a $50 IBFX demo using TradeBalancer this week with EUR/GBP M15, very slow,Step 15 and 0.01/0.01, just decided to Close all with $2.08 profit today.(Then I noticed the issue with the Close EA) I'm upto $52.08, woohoo

Probably your way is better than the TradeBalancer EA? Hope you'll be able to get some good data and settings for me to try again next week.

I plugged your numbers into my spreadsheet. Do you realize that is 1.387% per day mb?...the size of the account does not matter its the percent! Well the sample size is not long enough though.

ES

P.S. I will most likley be using your settings...0.01/0.01 on a 15 with the two correlated pair (sometimes). But I will use 2K as start equity to tame this DD percent. The combo of the bigger step and the increased required capital should let this run with a modest yield without blowing up...I NEVER WANT TO SEE 60% DD AGAIN...

matrixebiz:
Well, I started a $50 IBFX demo using TradeBalancer this week with EUR/GBP M15, very slow,Step 15 and 0.01/0.01, just decided to Close all with $2.08 profit today.(Then I noticed the issue with the Close EA) I'm upto $52.08, woohoo Probably your way is better than the TradeBalancer EA? Hope you'll be able to get some good data and settings for me to try again next week.

waltini,

Why don't you create SmartStep™ ?

You can do it!...you need to react to the step progression and re-correlate in my opinion, but perhaps you have a few ideas up your sleeve to deal with the italics below...

Don't be shy, I will test it...

ES

matrixbiz,

Can you post this EA that you wrote/modified/perfected as a utility for the community here in tsd...There must be an appropriate thread for it as it can be used with many manual and automated MT4 systems as an adjustable global exit based on exposure. It actually is very logical.

Let's give back some to this tsd place...

ES

matrixebiz:
When I was looking at your CloseAll PL EA something didn't look right but I went with it anyway but it was just confirmed that if Account Margin is 0 and CloseAll PL is set to TP at 0, once WAW EA opens new trades after all is closed by CloseAll PL, AccountMargin and ClosePL PcntMargin TP is also 0, it will activate and close all the new pending orders that the WAW EA just placed, so on and so on. This new version should fix that; You wouldn't notice that with the ClosePL EA because you probably never set Tprofit at 0 but with the new self adjusting version, TP can be 0 if there are no open orders to check Margin against will keep closing all new pending orders.
Reason: