Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 17

Remember TradeBalancers™,

When you balance your lot exposure with your buys vs. your sells....it takes time as your orders are booked in at their old increments, usually 2 deep....

be patient and anticipate... and take your time.... your HedgeBalance™ will come to you..keep your change in increment small...small adjustments...you have plenty of time...This is Hedging with TP's ☺

TeeterTotterSavant ☺

Start Balance of this test: $1,078.73. Balance Now: $1,101.49 EA's from post #137, Discretionary weighting applied currently to the pyramid side.

Late Edit: I just discovered you can manually close the "booked in" pending orders after you adjust your EA and the code will reenter the pending orders with the new values

Late Edit: I just discovered you can manually close the "booked in" pending orders after you adjust your EA and the code will reenter the pending orders with the new values

ES,

You had a brilliant idea to have Win and Rev strategy working side by side, but I cannot understand why would you have a PT of $1(?)

With this near perfect hedge we can have much higher PT's. Or am I missing some fundamental issue here?

Cheers, Kris

PS. I ran it only today, and see what happened to my account...

Tokarus,

pleeeassse try it and let us know...

ES

Tokarus:
ES,

You had a brilliant idea to have Win and Rev strategy working side by side, but I cannot understand why would you have a PT of $1(?)

With this near perfect hedge we can have much higher PT's. Or am I missing some fundamental issue here?

Cheers, Kris

PS. I ran it only today, and see what happened to my account...

ES,

i may have missed some features that are still possible

pls just list them again, so i can check again.

cheers.

in your occassional trade reports, can you also include current equity

so we can estimate drawdown, and also total open orders. thanks.

yep...

It looks like you got the important stuff dunhill...give me some time I want to see how to get out of the current trade....

Then I will deal with your latest upgrade...I will report equity and total open orders...

ES

dunhill:
ES,

i may have missed some features that are still possible

pls just list them again, so i can check again.

cheers.

in your occassional trade reports, can you also include current equity

so we can estimate drawdown, and also total open orders. thanks.

Tokarus,

Remember each side has its exit and only one side will exit each time..and then it re-enters which will throw the "perfectness" off...

I am going to show you how to weight according to what the market is telling you...(in a nutshell you just incrementally make one side accelerate back into the move faster which will bring you back to perfectness, by changing the inputs in dunhills most excellent modification and then cancelling the pending orders for them to be automatically replaced by the EA with the new input values)

I just saw a 7% drawdown folks!

ES

ES, Dunhill,

I am running a forward test on two different accounts with different settings.

Today alone I had $295 profit, with Step=15 and profit target=50. I am concerned that ES' PT of $1 is simply not appropriate, unless you can explain the rational.

Another account, run in parallel with Step=1.5 (by mistake) and MinProfit=50, gave me the following equity curve...

Cheers, Kris

ElectricSavant:
Tokarus,

pleeeassse try it and let us know...

ES

Tokarus, is that EURUSD?

and your IncLot=0?

Tokarus,

I do not know the correct TP actually...I am so glad you are providing info..Perhaps I am not letting the markets power make me the profit. Perhaps I should take advantage of the movement more.

This is what I am doing...

I am using the minimum step that I can (any smaller causes the EA to miss trades)

I thought that since I use the increment of 0.01 that the trade will force a minimal exit with the build up.

I start out at 0.05 and I do not know why.

When I hedge I use the following to both extend the duration in the trade and to allow the hedge to work against a short lived trade on the other side that has gone bad:

0.02 inc with 5 bucks

0.03 inc with 10 bucks

0.04 inc with 20 bucks

0.10 with 150 bucks.

ES

P.S. I guess what I am thinking is that I need wiggle room and want to endure long one way trends?

P.P.S. I just recently discovered that I can make adjustments to the pending orders on the fly.

P.P.P.S. Do you guys really trust the relative DD in the backtester? I am a Chicken..☺

Start Balance: $1,096.42

Balance: $1,101.99

Equity: 1,063.19

# of Trades: 25

Bias: Pyramid

Tokarus:
ES, Dunhill,

I am running a forward test on two different accounts with different settings.

Today alone I had $295 profit, with Step=15 and profit target=50. I am concerned that ES' PT of $1 is simply not appropriate, unless you can explain the rational.

Another account, run in parallel with Step=1.5 (by mistake) and MinProfit=50, gave me the following equity curve...

Cheers, Kris
Reason: