Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 23

So how does the minprofit code work? if g_MinProfit is hit does it only close all the g side trades and leave the f trades open?

If all the g side trades are closed then all the Hedge trades would be still be trying to get to f minprofit which is bad, correct, if price is going the opposite direction of the Hedge since the reason the g trades were closed then that isn't good either.

I'm not clear on how the EA makes it's profit and closes it's trades once a certain profit is triggered.

ES can you please explain a little more on how this EA behaves in regards to profit and order closing.

I'm using the TradeBalancer EA.

Thanks

matrixbiz,

good question...from what I can figure out the orders close in some particular order and stop closing when the EA gets its input...1 buck....10 bucks....100 bucks....etc...

There was a very good suggestion in here to change the code and alter the Waddah routine. I cannot remember the posters handle/moniker. But dunhill was only available a couple of days.

Remember the original Waddah routine only uses the fade-style grid. So closing it partially leaves no dangelers...

Hope this helps...

ES

matrixebiz:
So how does the minprofit code work? if g_MinProfit is hit does it only close all the g side trades and leave the f trades open?

If all the g side trades are closed then all the Hedge trades would be still be trying to get to f minprofit which is bad, correct, if price is going the opposite direction of the Hedge since the reason the g trades were closed then that isn't good either.

I'm not clear on how the EA makes it's profit and closes it's trades once a certain profit is triggered.

ES can you please explain a little more on how this EA behaves in regards to profit and order closing.

I'm using the TradeBalancer EA.

Thanks

Why is it? that these sort of systems make so much money? Why can't they be designed to never be threatened by a blow up?

all of these grid...martingale....progressive strategies are like roses with thorns...

I have not blown up yet and I am making 56% a month in my forward test mixed with discretionary.

I can never take this live because when I do, there will come that directional move that will devour my margin and blow me up....Hedge or no Hedge there will always be that worry. This EA is perfect for a contest though...

Anybody who tries to trade this live without deep pockets & without nanolots & without 400:1 is crazy.

ES

I believe the key to this system, that is, if you trade it the way I do is to recognize the build up of orders and how wide the grid gets to gauge the size of your TP.

It's like waves....

ES

P.S. Today has been a $1.00 per TP day for the most part, because of the lack of volume.

....is there anybody that can modify a "close-all" EA to self-adjust its close-all TP input to 1/2 (or a user-definable %) of the margin that is displayed in the terminal?... sort of a dynamic loop so to speak?

If so...please let me know...is it hard? would you charge me a lot of money?

I posted a simple "close-all" EA a few pages back (post 220)...can you modify it?...

Optional things to add:
  • Delete objects at the close-all.
  • Sound "dunk"
  • An overide value in the inputs if I do not want to use a % of margin to auto-calc the value.
  • White text reporting the value of the net long or net short aggregate of the position the pair has...I do not need how many longs or how many shorts...I just need to know if I am net long or short in that pair and how much is the margin or value after deducting the longs from the shorts or vice versa...Simply one little line....not many that give information overload.

Please name it the "Waddah Attar Close-All Modified Module" (WA-CAM) in honor of him. I can imagine that he is reading this thread through a translator and I hope I write clearly enough.

ES

Last night I got a 30 buck TP...(I have been manually setting the "close-all" at half of the Margin...somtimes all of it).

I plugged the updates into my spreadsheet and I am averaging over 2.5% a day using 0.01 with 0.01 increments on a 7 step in an IBFX mini-account demoing with 1K.

It has been only 5 days and this obviously is a robust way to modify this system....EUR/USD & USD/CHF with v1.2 win (fade side only). I use a "close all" EA on a third chart to manage this, as I use discretion on the TP's and need to sleep at times (1/2 of margin seems to work nicely, but it has to manually set and updated).

Why don't I go live?....cause' it has only been 5 days and I am waiting for the big DD to reveal itself as I believe the 7 step is not enough to survive with.

...at 2.5% a day I would have the risk capital back in short order...but I still do not want to get a MC and this Waddah EA is real trading folks...no set and forget here. I believe I can show Waddah how to beat the Championship...and best of all he can brag about a low DD after he beats it (I have seen 4%...but it has been a holiday here in the states and I am sure it can get higher, but thus far very managable)!

As I write I am getting little 1 buck TP's...as we are a little choppy. As soon as I can build up some margin used, I will advance the close-all to a TP at 5....10.....15...30 bucks....etc)

ES

Eleven Days of history but the last five days is what I have tracked as there were many changes being made. You can view my spreadsheet in the live portfolio link below (look at the demo tab in the spreadsheet). The spreadsheet is huge and it takes a while for it to download, be patient.

What do you mean by;

"I have been manually setting the "close-all" at half of the Margin...somtimes all of it"

Your "Close All EA" or setting Close all in the EA for one side? (Which side?)

Thanks

I use a third party EA to "close-all" with...I posted it here (Lepiricus provided it to me, two years ago, publically). Please excuse the confusion, I try very hard to be clear and I am getting better lately.

In the v.1.2, I set it very high so that the third party EA will "close-all" before it has a chance...There is only one input in the third party EA to change and that is the profit...but it would really be neat to have it dynamic, to save me the trouble of manually chicking my margin used and to go there and enter that into the input...PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT USE THE REVERSE VERSION OF 1.2 AT ALL ANYMORE, INSTEAD I TRADE THE WIN VERSION ON THE EUR/USD & USD/CHF...THIS WAY THERE ARE NOT ANY DANGLING TRADES LEFT AT THE TOPS AND BOTTOMS.

So in direct answer to your reply...I truly "close-all" globally on both pair and pre-empt the "Waddah Close-all" routine that is hard coded in the EA's v1.2 THIS IS THE EA THAT I NEED MODIFIED

ES

matrixebiz:
What do you mean by;

"I have been manually setting the "close-all" at half of the Margin...somtimes all of it"

Your "Close All EA" or setting Close all in the EA for one side? (Which side?)

Thanks

If I were to trade this live....I am a chicken...if my DD grew to be like 10% or 15% I would start sweating and change the "Close-All" Profit to one buck just to escape....

So this discretionary TP that I use...well I only will let margin get so big...then I am a chicken...This happened early when I had the steps too close...but I may have accidentally found the step of 7 to be correct...this will take a lot of testing and then maybe years later a "black event" may reveal itself, in which this method I am illustrating, may not survive...

It comes down to this:

Do I want to loosen' her up and let her run and try to get back the risk investment before she blows

or....

Do I want to try to "put the market in a can" and try to be safe enough to endure years of range?

ES

P.S. This is how I see it, but it does not mean that I am correct.

Reason: