Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 22

Hah...stumbling in the dark! (I wish I were smarter)

With retraces on the Wadda Attar win v1.2 in post 155, there will never be danglers, just so the retrace is great enough to take the trades out. The MinProfit seems to remove the open orders at the Bottom/Top. So if the price does not rise enough to take all of the trades out, the EA will resume adding where it left off....so the price needs to make a new low/high after the retrace for the adding to continue. A long one directional trek with keep adding and you must use 0.01....

I am thinking that EUR/USD & USD/CHF loaded with the win 1.2 version on both, will hedge each other during a long move...but again use 0.01 with an IBFX mini per 1K, which represents nanolot trades or 100 unit trading (0.1 on 10K which is a micro not a mini).

I will start this test and post results for those of you interested (I cancelled my previous test as DD grew to 35% and that is too rich for my blood).

ES

P.S. Now I may have the sizing and TP out of wack...(Tokaras is going to kill me) I am forward testing to see how this works out...I only need to make 3-5% a month...as I do not like to live with high DD and even at 400:1 the open trades can fill up the universe.

Start Balance: $1,000.00, Step20/FirstLot 0.01/IncLot 0.0/MinProfit 2.0, time started 15:42 08/22/08, v1.2 win from post 155 on EUR/USD & USD/CHF

cannot attach EA

ElectricSavant:
There is just the Waddah Attar Win TradeBalancer from post 162, which gives you the flexibility to control each side...we transitioned to a single chart version...Thus far this version is more stable, than separating the EA's in two charts.

You could use the previous version on post 155 on two charts and use two of the reverse versions if you wish...or two of the fade versions if you wish...each one has its own global exit...

For instance one on the EUR/USD and then the same EA on the USD/CHF (use different magic numbers).

ES

ES, you are just great in the way you have pursued this waddah win EA, you deserve a pat on the shoulder. I have a problem in attaching the waddah tradebalancer. Each time I drag the file to the chart I get a message 'Cannot open file' and the icon is in grey color not yellow with blue hat. My original waddah attar win EA is working okay with 10,0.1,0.1,5 on the 5M cable chart.

The waddah attar win REV is also not attaching to chart with same error message. I'm using Alpari. Pls guys help me.

karama

Can you add a feature so that once Target Profit is hit, the EA closes all the Pending orders as well so it can start over with a clean state?

Thanks

I am using a "close all" EA on a third chart (I trade the EUR/USD and the USD/CHF with Win v1.2)...It is doing rather well...You can see my progress on my live portfolio tab below...(look at the demo tab).

ES

matrixebiz:
Can you add a feature so that once Target Profit is hit, the EA closes all the Pending orders as well so it can start over with a clean state? Thanks

What are the actual rules for this system? Has it been posted anywhere?

What does this mean exactly? Please clarify;

CLOSE ALL: Default is false, just leave this alone, unless you want to get flat (change to true). If you want to get flat you might change RESTART: "false".

Thanks

Please Help - Getting a big Loss

Hello waddah,

Just tried this EA on EUR/USD for the month of August - it gave a big loss. pleae help

ElectricSavant:
I am using a "close all" EA on a third chart (I trade the EUR/USD and the USD/CHF with Win v1.2)...It is doing rather well...You can see my progress on my live portfolio tab below...(look at the demo tab). ES

Yes, I know there are EA's to close all but I would like it incorporated into this EA so we can backtest/optimize it properly.

I am running a hedge....with two different symbols...the way that I trade this it would be hard to backtest.

Also...

I use discretion on the amount to "close-all" with on a step:7 Grid with EUR/USD & its shadow USD/CHF (I do not use Waddah's Profit in v1.2. Instead, I set it to a thousand bucks to override it with a real "close-all" EA on a third chart).
  • If the grid is mature and deep and the retrace comes...I use 10 bucks or more (it according to how the float incrementally moves tick for tick compared with where the gap is)....
  • If it is early and not a lot of levels and the retrace comes...I use 5 bucks....
  • If it is real early and the grid is retracing back into the original gap and I can get 1 buck...I might just do that and get a restart as I do not want the grid retracing back into nothing and just adding buys or sells.

ES

P.S. Also note I use IncLot of 0.01, so one must really stay on top of the movement and how far the opening gap is away from there retrace....one of these times a one-way directional move will take me out hedge or no hedge (Iwill run out of margin)...this is what is stopping me from going live with real dollars. Trading Grids, Martingales and Progressions with anything more than 0.01 in an IBFX mini account is generally a very scarey route to take. For those of you that prefer that sort of trading, I stuggle to remain open-minded.

matrixebiz:
Yes, I know there are EA's to close all but I would like it incorporated into this EA so we can backtest/optimize it properly.

Interesting indeed...the opening gap caused the opening trades to jump out of their grid...(When they do that, no more trades will be placed until they come back inside the grid and then maybe not then either, I do not know)

Fortunaltly, this was a new grid and I was only down $1.04 cents...so I "closed-all" (I entered in a minus 1 in the "close-all" EA) and the waddah win v1.2 EA re-entered to get back into the drivers seat...

eS

Reason: