Blessing 2 - page 163

Hi

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
this is the concept of averaging EAs to not to have a SL. thats why we start to trade with a very small lot , like 0.1 lot on 100K account. by SL it wont work.

hi all

Knoxy:
It's a problem with MT and why I rewrite all EAs I consider to Tradestation and test properly. Really helps your trading to be able to accurately test any EA with every tick for the last two years in a few seconds. In my experience 100% accurate.

Problems are accurately reflecting the MT EA in TS and being limited to Gain feed.

Sorry if this seems an advert for TS, just that testing in MT really sucks. TS is no good for automated trading FX, the strength of MT.

Knoxy

did you backtest blessing on ts ?

Knoxy:
It's a problem with MT and why I rewrite all EAs I consider to Tradestation and test properly. Really helps your trading to be able to accurately test any EA with every tick for the last two years in a few seconds. In my experience 100% accurate.

Problems are accurately reflecting the MT EA in TS and being limited to Gain feed.

Sorry if this seems an advert for TS, just that testing in MT really sucks. TS is no good for automated trading FX, the strength of MT.

Knoxy

Please keep us posted, regarding your TS backtests. We could really use

your input - thanks.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Please keep us posted, regarding your TS backtests. We could really use

your input - thanks.

Rob

hello All,

i want to clarify some issues concerning backtesting and its accuracy for judging if an EA can be used diectly on a live account after back testing. I have been working with EAs and back testing for over 3 years and i have discovered that in most cases as long as its the same broker, the EA will do exactly thesame thing on back test as in a live market. I also believe that as professional traders, its not just that the EA survived the back test in the duration of the test that we want to see. There are several other factor that one test for. For Example, the highest number of position ever in the period of time, the draw down, the highest capital required to withstand the draw down, i believe that when all this conditions are met in the back test, and the EA was successful, one can go ahead to trader live.

kgm:
hello All, i want to clarify some issues concerning backtesting and its accuracy for judging if an EA can be used diectly on a live account after back testing. I have been working with EAs and back testing for over 3 years and i have discovered that in most cases as long as its the same broker, the EA will do exactly thesame thing on back test as in a live market. I also believe that as professional traders, its not just that the EA survived the back test in the duration of the test that we want to see. There are several other factor that one test for. For Example, the highest number of position ever in the period of time, the draw down, the highest capital required to withstand the draw down, i believe that when all this conditions are met in the back test, and the EA was successful, one can go ahead to trader live.

Fills and spreads are not the same. Also, at least with Blessing, it tends to hit more levels live, than it does in

backtest.

Rob

Backtest

kgm:
hello All, i want to clarify some issues concerning backtesting and its accuracy for judging if an EA can be used diectly on a live account after back testing. I have been working with EAs and back testing for over 3 years and i have discovered that in most cases as long as its the same broker, the EA will do exactly thesame thing on back test as in a live market. I also believe that as professional traders, its not just that the EA survived the back test in the duration of the test that we want to see. There are several other factor that one test for. For Example, the highest number of position ever in the period of time, the draw down, the highest capital required to withstand the draw down, i believe that when all this conditions are met in the back test, and the EA was successful, one can go ahead to trader live.

IMO, Backtesting serves to optimize, to have a general but NOT exact behaviour...

Remember you have 90% of quality, that means 10% is a flip of the coin.

I like Backtesting, but i wouldnt decide to go live on a Backtest.

Cheers,

epmfx

ChicagoRob:
Fills and spreads are not the same. Also, at least with Blessing, it tends to hit more levels live, than it does in

backtest.

Rob

correct i observed it many times since im live

alex84:
correct i observed it many times since im live

That mean one should adjust the distance between the trades when one wants to go live so as to get the same results as in the back test, since it tends to hit the levels faster in live.

6 months demo trading

Here is 6 months demo trading report, on 4 pairs.

Starting deposit: $ 5000.

Profit: 230%

Starting lot: 0.01, 10c/pip

georgedim:
Here is 6 months demo trading report, on 4 pairs.

Starting deposit: $ 5000.

Profit: 230%

Starting lot: 0.01, 10c/pip

hello,

were you using the same setting for all the currency pairs, or the individual EAs was optimized for each currency.

thanks