Blessing 2 - page 207

Hey Feline,

You mentioned you are using the stoch version, which mod of stoch are you using, and do you have a reason that you have gone with stoch over the bollinger version? I'm asking because I have been using the bollinger version default settings and so far live have been seeing safe results.

Thanks

ChicagoRob:
The settings are in the .htm, which I'm trying to upload.

The profitability of eurgbp is very good. The ADR is pretty

low, which is exactly what I like. The profit factor for my

setup is 3.15 over the 18-month period, which is higher

than I've ever been able to achieve with the other pairs.

Rob

hmm.. i have been playing with eurgbp with a backtest, but have not had any luck. I certainly have not had a straight line like yours. Any chance you could simply paste your settings if an attachment does not upload?

blessing not started for a few days

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, have used several EA's, and really keen to see how blessing V2 performs.

I back tested it with great results.

I decided to run it on my demo account on EURUSD and AUDJPY. It's been running for a few days, however, still no starting trades. I have also tried Blessing 2 with Stochastic MOD 3, with the same results (no starting trade).

I get no errors, and have played with EA's quite a lot over recent times.

I am just wondering if I have to do anything, and what this EA is looking for to make a trade?

Perhaps I've missed something, I did go through this forum to try to get an answer. I am pretty sure everything is fune, and the EA is just waiting for it's moment to pounce.

Can someone reply with what this EA is looking for in order to make it's first trade? ie MACD x, or volumes above x etc?

Thankyou in advance, and thanks for a great EA!

Steve

James666:
hmm.. i have been playing with eurgbp with a backtest, but have not had any luck. I certainly have not had a straight line like yours. Any chance you could simply paste your settings if an attachment does not upload?

Let's see if this works:

Symbol EURGBP (Euro vs Great Britain Pound )

Period 1 Hour (H1) 2008.01.02 10:00 - 2009.09.04 22:00 (2008.01.01 - 2009.09.07)

Model Every tick (the most precise method based on all available least timeframes)

Parameters InitialAccountSet="Initial account balance"; InitialAccount=9500; TradeComment="Blessing"; NumberPortionSet="Account Portion"; Portion=1; UseEquityProtection=true; FloatPercent=50; UsePowerOutSL=false; UseMM=false; LotAdjustmentSet="Only with MM enabled. (.01 - 5.0)"; LAF=1; AccountTypeSet="1=standard, 10=micro for penny/pip)"; Accounttype=10; ManuallotSet="Lots used if MM is off"; lot=0.01; LotHedgeSet="Hedge Multiplier. Adjust by +/-.01 intervals "; Multiplier=1.4; AutoParametersSet="Autocalculates the Grid based on ATR"; AutoCal=true; AutoCalTF=1440; AutoCalPeriod=21; AutoGridAdjust="Widens/squishes grid (.5 - 3.0)"; GAF=1; GridSet="Default Grid size in Pips"; GridSet1=25; TP_Set1=50; GridSet2=50; TP_Set2=100; GridSet3=100; TP_Set3=200; TimeGridSet="Default grid set time in seconds"; TimeGrid=2400; MarketConditionSet="Set MC to 2 for Ranging Market"; MC=2; MovingAverageSet="Changes MC for correct trend (up/down)"; MCbyMA=true; MA_Period=100; MaxLevelSet="Default of 4 on each level, change sparingly"; Set1Count=4; Set2Count=4; MaxLevel=12; BELevel=12; slippage=999;

Bars in test 11340 Ticks modelled 9836414 Modelling quality 90.00%

Mismatched charts errors 0

Initial deposit 9500.00

Total net profit 12622.55 Gross profit 18483.42 Gross loss -5860.87

Profit factor 3.15 Expected payoff 10.19

Absolute drawdown 855.24 Maximal drawdown 4567.39 (24.24%) Relative drawdown 24.24% (4567.39)

Total trades 1239 Short positions (won %) 535 (74.77%) Long positions (won %) 704 (69.03%)

Profit trades (% of total) 886 (71.51%) Loss trades (% of total) 353 (28.49%)

Largest profit trade 1021.24 loss trade -162.59

Average profit trade 20.86 loss trade -16.60

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 21 (207.26) consecutive losses (loss in money) 8 (-834.20)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 1599.12 (9) consecutive loss (count of losses) -834.20 (8)

Average consecutive wins 5 consecutive losses 2

ChicagoRob:
Let's see if this

so many work-so many done! I surprised

engreric:
Hey Feline,

You mentioned you are using the stoch version, which mod of stoch are you using, and do you have a reason that you have gone with stoch over the bollinger version? I'm asking because I have been using the bollinger version default settings and so far live have been seeing safe results.

Thanks

are you using bollinger version only or bollinger stoch because i think theres a combined version and one that only uses bb without stochastic. i use stoch version because i think its a little safer than normal. you sacrifice some of the profits but at least you have some safe rules for entering a position. otherwise normal blessing is unprotected and i dont know if anything will prevent you from bying at the top or selling at the absolute bottom. and thats a very big risk for me to take. and about the other versions , i dont know much about them. i use 'stoch-only' , only because i had better results on backtest compared to bbstoch or bb ( i dont remember what exactly was the version i tested it was 2-3 months ago). AND i think my mod is called MOD2. probably you can propose a better version in your opinion ? because the one i am using lost lots of money last month , because of my balance mainly, but it still produces in my opinion the smallest DDs of any available versions. ( but were talking about eurusd strictly . i dont know about other pairs) hope to hear from you and others goodbye.

Should set pendings right away

stephenmorton:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, have used several EA's, and really keen to see how blessing V2 performs.

I back tested it with great results.

I decided to run it on my demo account on EURUSD and AUDJPY. It's been running for a few days, however, still no starting trades. I have also tried Blessing 2 with Stochastic MOD 3, with the same results (no starting trade).

I get no errors, and have played with EA's quite a lot over recent times.

I am just wondering if I have to do anything, and what this EA is looking for to make a trade?

Perhaps I've missed something, I did go through this forum to try to get an answer. I am pretty sure everything is fune, and the EA is just waiting for it's moment to pounce.

Can someone reply with what this EA is looking for in order to make it's first trade? ie MACD x, or volumes above x etc?

Thankyou in advance, and thanks for a great EA!

Steve

Steve,

If it is not sending pending orders right away you probably have the lot size set wrong for your broker. If the broker has a minimum lot size (most do) of say 0.1, and you have MM to true with the 1st lot of 0.01 it will not open the positions because it hasn't met the broker parameters. If in doubt play around with Standard and Micro account with MM off and change the lot size until the Broker likes it and it will begin to trade. Most brokers will accept 0.01 lots with MM true, Standard acct at $.10/pip.

Trader 1

Thanks Trader 1

Thanks trader1, I did pay close attention to the lot sizes, my broker here in Aus, alows from 0.1 (not 0.01), so I did set this up in the EA and confirmed the MM settings to allow for this, so I don't think that's the problem.

What does this EA wait for before trading (MA, MACD, SToch etc?)

Steve

stephenmorton:
Thanks trader1, I did pay close attention to the lot sizes, my broker here in Aus, alows from 0.1 (not 0.01), so I did set this up in the EA and confirmed the MM settings to allow for this, so I don't think that's the problem.

What does this EA wait for before trading (MA, MACD, SToch etc?)

Steve

Setting the initial lot size to 0.10 will only ensure that the first trade is at 0.10 but I don't think it will prevent blessing from placing the next trade at 0.14 if your multiplier is set at 1.4. I was looking at this earlier because I'm trying to modify blessing to work on MB Trading.

If your error code is 131 its probably the lot size. Try doing a strategy test with the multiplier set at 1 and see if it works. I haven't found a setting that will force the minimum incremental factor. But its easy enough to modify the normalize function call to fix it.

Since I'm on the subject of MB Trading (a direct ECN) broker, has anyone successfully gotten blessing to work on their version of MT4. I know they had to make quite a few changes.

I want to compare Blessing on IBFX to MBT, I tend to trust MBT a whole lot more than IBFX even though the commission might make it less profitable. But its worth it to me since they claim to: not requote, endorse scalping, and have no dealing desk.

blessing not starting

Thanks guys for your help. I did back test it fine with my settings, and I'm not getting any 131 errors when running on my demo account. It just isn't starting. I thought I perhaps needed another indicator running on the chart or something, or perhaps it was waiting for a certain condition for MA or something.

Anyway, I might have another play with it a little later. Markets are a little volatile at the moment, so I might leave it a week or so and try again.

Steve

Reason: