Blessing 2 - page 220

Can't wait to try it out.

So everyone, I set up an FTP Server today, I just need to move my data over to it. The following will be the ones I am placing on it at first, and then hopefully expand it fast.

FXDD - 1m data taken from web

Alpari - 1m data taken from terminal (demo account)

Alpari - 1m data taken from thetrademachineblog

Forexcite - 1m data

IBFX - 1m data taken from terminal (live account)

I am also in the process of writing scripts to convert gain rate capital and dukascopy data

All data will be in CSVs and in HST. I will also be posting a document to step through backtesting / loading the data. This may be similar or slightly different than what most people are doing but it is the best and most consistent way.

I don't want to clutter this forum with too much. Anyone who wants to be able to access my FTP needs to email me with:

their email address and forum user name, if anyone is hesitant about the email address, just pm me with your username.

mine is:

engr.eric@gmail.com

I just want to be able to account for the people logging onto my computer

The FTP with data and backtest paper will be done on saturday. I will send out the usernames/passwords then

Thanks!

lron:
All,

I'm about complete with the programming of Blessing 3. It offers all the same features as 2 but the menu is cleaned up. Here are some other changes:

Easier to use menu, items make sense

A Bollinger Band confirmed with Stoch entry feature

User selectable BB settings with one Stoch setting selectable

MA still available for use. Turn off the BBStoch is all you need to do.

Power Out Stop Loss still available

Auto Calculation of grid still available

Grid Adjustment Feature still available

A new Maximize Profit Feature that does the following

Sets a Trailing Profit Stop based on percent of basket profit potential

Moves the Take Profit to garner larger profits should the pair "run"

TP moves a set number of times based on user input

Profits can be taken on the Trailing Profit stop or TP point

Can be turned off to use Blessing to Take Profit at the TP point

The new menu with explainations is below:

extern string TradeComment = "Blessing";

extern int StopTradeBalance = 5000;

extern bool IBFXmicro = false; // set to true for IBFX micro "penny a pip"

extern bool UseMM = true; // Money Management

extern double LAF = 1.0; // Adjusts MM base lot for large accounts

extern double lot = 0.01; // Starting lots if Money Management is off

extern double Portion = 1.0; // Portion of account you want to trade on this pair

extern double MaxDDPercent = 50; // Percent of portion for max drawdown level.

extern double Multiplier = 1.4; // Multiplier on each level

extern int MaxTrades = 99; // Maximum number of trades to place (stops placing orders when reaches MaxTrades)

extern int BreakEvenTrade = 12; // Close All level , when reaches this level, doesn't wait for TP to be hit

extern bool MaximizeProfit = true; // Turns on TP move and Profit Trailing Stop Feature

extern double ProfitSet = 60; // Locks in Profit at this percent of Total Profit Potential

extern double MoveTP = 15; // Moves TP this amount in pips

extern int TotalMoves = 3; // Number of times you want TP to move before stopping movement

extern bool BollingerStochEntry = true; // if false, uses simple MA for entry

extern int BollPeriod = 15; // Period for Bollinger

extern double BollDistance = 13; // Up/Down spread

extern double BollDeviation = 2.0; // Standard deviation multiplier for channel

extern int BuySellStochZone = 20; // Determines Overbought and Oversold Zones

extern int MAPeriod = 100; // Period of MA

extern bool UsePowerOutSL = false;// Transmits a SL in case of internet loss

extern bool AutoCal = false;// Auto calculation of TakeProfit and Grid size;

extern doubleGAF = 1.0; // Widens/Squishes Grid on increments/decrements of .1

Blessing 3 will be out shortly. I am running through prelimnary testing to ensure all features are operating as planned.

Happy Trading

v/r

Jeff,

Thank you for your prompt response to my email request. I appreciated it. In this day and age, sometimes you're lucky if someone even reads your email, let alone respond.

Thank you for Blessing 3 and your dedication and effort. You added some great ideas to Blessing's settings. Good Job! Here's hoping it makes you and all the forum members a fortune.

Good Luck and good trading to you.

Aj

range measurement

Blessing is effecient EA, but i have some suggestion;

1. because of range is unstable, so don't use fix range. I prefer use indicator to get high yesterday minus lowest yesterday as range pips.

2. pip different / grid size is depend on range pips divided by max level/ trade.

from that calculation; this EA will always adjust their size.

ok. I wait ..

Blessing 3 Suggestions

All,

The suggestions keep rolling in. Thanks for the suggestions. Blessing 3 is at the point where it needs dedicated testing before release. Additionally, the new features will need some solid explaining. I will put together an addendum to the manual on the first page of this post. I am also soliciting for another suggestion.

Blessing 3 is a departure from Blessing 1 and Blessing 2. Blessing 1 was never really put on the street by Fifth and Blessing 2 is living under several modifications. The creator of this strategy is FifthElement and we must commend him for this strategy however, this strategy was modified and changed in several iterations of Blessing 2. Blessing 3 adds another dimension to this strategy, mainly tightly controlled entries and wide-sweeping, user selectable exits. The base strategy remains at the core so here's my question.

Would you like to see Blessing 3 move to it's own thread? I don't want to lose the many users of Blessing 2 and there will be those die-hards that will continue to use Blessing 2 v5.2. However, in the spirit of change, I would like to see your feedback on a new thread.

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
All, Would you like to see Blessing 3 move to it's own thread? I don't want to lose the many users of Blessing 2 and there will be those die-hards that will continue to use Blessing 2 v5.2. However, in the spirit of change, I would like to see your feedback on a new thread.

I'd like to see a separate thread dedicated to Blessing 3.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
I'd like to see a separate thread dedicated to Blessing 3. Rob

Me too, me too

yep.. me too. Let's start afresh. Here's to Blessing 3 in 2010!

lron:
All,

The suggestions keep rolling in. Thanks for the suggestions. Blessing 3 is at the point where it needs dedicated testing before release. Additionally, the new features will need some solid explaining. I will put together an addendum to the manual on the first page of this post. I am also soliciting for another suggestion.

Blessing 3 is a departure from Blessing 1 and Blessing 2. Blessing 1 was never really put on the street by Fifth and Blessing 2 is living under several modifications. The creator of this strategy is FifthElement and we must commend him for this strategy however, this strategy was modified and changed in several iterations of Blessing 2. Blessing 3 adds another dimension to this strategy, mainly tightly controlled entries and wide-sweeping, user selectable exits. The base strategy remains at the core so here's my question.

Would you like to see Blessing 3 move to it's own thread? I don't want to lose the many users of Blessing 2 and there will be those die-hards that will continue to use Blessing 2 v5.2. However, in the spirit of change, I would like to see your feedback on a new thread.

Happy Trading

v/r

With so many changes, I recommend a new thread for Blessing 3.

Aj

demo performance

Hi all,

I'd like to share my demo test based on over 6 months' forward testing of Blessing 2. The settings are the same as ChicagoRob's, but I trade JPY on D1 TF with mixed control (auto & manual). I am looking forward to test the new Blessing 3.

Regards,

asam

new thread please for B3