PowerTrading/The River - page 17

Ea

SteveC:
How do we want to do this. I can put up what I already have.

I have some mods of my own but haven't traded it yet. It would be great to have a go with your starting point, at least we know it works. You may be surprised what can be done. Not everything has to be automatic. I have written EA's wher eit loos at manually drawn trend lines etc so we can always trick the EA.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Steve

PS Spiritbreezer, your PM is full. To answer you question The High Low are drawn by an EA. Can do it in a script as well etc. Not an indicator.

I did reply earlier but put the message in the wrong thread

Steve,

Let me PM you some essentials that I feel need to be in the EA. I want to explain some of the tricky parts of trading this system to see if they can be coded. I am trading this method manually with great success but I know an auto system will need some tweaking. I will send you some info tonight or tomorrow and you can tell me what you think. Hope that sounds good to you.

PT

Look forward to receiving it. Steve

PowerTrader:
Steve,

Let me PM you some essentials that I feel need to be in the EA. I want to explain some of the tricky parts of trading this system to see if they can be coded. I am trading this method manually with great success but I know an auto system will need some tweaking. I will send you some info tonight or tomorrow and you can tell me what you think. Hope that sounds good to you.

PT

I've been following this thread and done some backtesting also. I believe the best method is to take a system and try to make it work for you and to feel comfortable with it. PT I really appreciate your honesty and openness regarding the River. I am a Rob Booker student and have been trading his Arizona method and am using it as a filter for trading the River along with fibs. I have had really encouraging results and again thank you. I have sent you a PM and when you have time maybe you can respond. Have a great day PT and all others who have made this a great thread.

Jerry

My River EA

Hello.

I think river is a great method when u trade manually , but you will have some problems with profitabilites if you want to trade with EA.

Anyway, please see my draft version of EA based on River method with some updates. (You need TrendStrenthEMA indicator for starting EA). This version only for long position openings GBPUSD 15 min.

I am not a programmer and Ea code based on parts of others well known EAs. The main question - what do you think about perspectives of profitabilites in real trading with this EA. Maybe some of you will help me with forward testing.

PS: sorry for my english, i am only beginer in this language

river1_1.ex4river1_1.ex4

trendstrenghtema.ex4

river.htm

Files:
river1_1.ex4  12 kb
river.gif  8 kb
river.htm  134 kb

Hi,

The ind/EA you have attached are .exe files. Can you attach the source if you wish we can swap via private messages if you don't want to make it public.. I will help you build a good EA based on this systems. I have an EA I will share which is does all the routine stuff i.e. buys and sells auto stops and closure and I have made some modifications e.g. close long trade before SL when price closes below upper river line. I know this is different but I prefer to get out quickly if not going in the right way. To some degreee its swings and roundabouts. I have significant programming experience in MT4 and also other languages so can help with more or less anything you want. I want an EA becaus I always seem to miss the entry point and find it difficult to enter later.

alsin:
Hello.

I think river is a great method when u trade manually , but you will have some problems with profitabilites if you want to trade with EA.

Anyway, please see my draft version of EA based on River method with some updates. (You need TrendStrenthEMA indicator for starting EA). This version only for long position openings GBPUSD 15 min.

I am not a programmer and Ea code based on parts of others well known EAs. The main question - what do you think about perspectives of profitabilites in real trading with this EA. Maybe some of you will help me with forward testing.

PS: sorry for my english, i am only beginer in this language

river1_1.ex4river1_1.ex4

trendstrenghtema.ex4

river.htm

River EA

Hi SteveC,

Thanks for reply. My EA source code is not a secret, but it containce a lot of code and varibles which are not used, so this very very draft version.

Trendstrenth ind - very similar with MACD histogram, so i update code and you dont need this indi. But you will need keltner channel indi for position closing.

And Maybe you can share your EA for testing?river1.mq4

keltner_channel.mq4

If you will have any ideas about my EA please let me know

Thanks

Files:

Thanks

I am happy that we have people working on an EA for the River method. I have been trading this method since January and have been making in excess of 300 pips a week. I believe that with some work and testing, this method is an excellent prospect for a great EA. I look forward to working with anyone attempting to get this right.

PT

Trades for last night

This was a trade I took on the River last night on cable. This is max possible pips and you will always take less than the max. You can see I have entered a reveral as well.

PT

Hi PT,

I wish to thank you again for this great trading method.

I'm using it and I'm really happy to catch so many pips

I have added some modifications to my trading style but the primary system is still the same.

Wish you all the best!

Great

Hi PT,

I wish to thank you again for this great trading method.

I'm using it and I'm really happy to catch so many pips

I have added some modifications to my trading style but the primary system is still the same.

Wish you all the best! [/QUOTE

Thanks for the kind words JoZo, I am glad this is working for you. It would be great to hear what modifications you are using. I am always looking to improve my trading.

PT

Reason: