Blessing 2 - page 19

lron:
All,

I thought I had posted this today but apparently the post didn't, well, post.

Forward testing of v4.1 by folks using very small funds found that the money management function didn't set the lot properly. That's been fixed as money management will set a default of .01 lots if funds smaller than what is recommended (250 micro, 2500 standard).

Additionally, a maximum lot feature is also part of the money management calculation. The Advanced Feature's paper has been updated with the fixes and an Appendix section is added to explain the variables and their settings.

v/r

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the files. I am now testing out Blessing 2 v 4.2

I have been running Forex Funnel for quite awhile and understand the risk involved. It can be a profitable system, porvided one is very conservative.

I am testing it on the USD/JPY pair. Just one pair. Which timeframe should I use?

Set files

All,

Here are the set files that have been backtested with v4.2. The set file has which chart you should put it on right in the name, i.e: 240 = 4 Hour Chart, 1440 = Daily Chart.

v/r

lron:
All,

Here are the set files that have been backtested with v4.2. The set file has which chart you should put it on right in the name, i.e: 240 = 4 Hour Chart, 1440 = Daily Chart.

v/r

Hi, sorry to ask, but where should I place these set files?

kwkee:
Hi, sorry to ask, but where should I place these set files?

In the experts/presets folder.

Neil

Hallo,

can you add time to trade to this EA (Blessing_2_MQLCoder_3.3.mq4)

for example i just want to trade at asia session. (asia time)

thanks

Its not really possible as the EA hangs trades for long periods of time. Sometimes days.

Ran Blessing 2 (Latest Version)for 3 days,doubled $5000 account, but then...

Ran Blessing 2 (Latest Version)for 3 days,doubled $5000 account, but then...I lost entire margin in one afternoon.

Trading Patterns

All,

It's difficult to add a time trading function to this EA as it requires trades to remain open for profit analyzation.

Doubling a $5000 account in 3 days seems...well...rather risky with lot sizes. If in fact that happened, you should update your initial account size in the menu settings of Blessing on each pair you are trading to the current amount that is in your account.

Blessing needs a large P/L and relative large account sizes to trade safely ($2500 per pair on a standard account, .01 base lot and $250 per pair on a micro, .01 base lot size).

If you trade Blessing with more lots than that, you are asking for trouble...quickly. So, for those doubling the accounts in 3 days, good on ya! Just be careful out there...

v/r

My exact thoughts, 250$ per 0.01 mini's (or 0.01c per pip) really is the way to go. And for added safety or periods of serious volatility go up to 300$ per 0.01 or 400$.

Great work, love what you're doing with the EA

georgecotton:
My exact thoughts, 250$ per 0.01 mini's (or 0.01c per pip) really is the way to go. And for added safety or periods of serious volatility go up to 300$ per 0.01 or 400$. Great work, love what you're doing with the EA

Agree 100%. I really liked the original Blessing 2, but the latest

from Iron are much safer.

Regarding balance and lot size, I would recommend going with an even

larger account, say $2K-$5K, which will offer more "breathing room" for

those tough times like we just experienced.

Rob

Reason: