Piplite v1.0 - page 22

alex84:
Iron said that last version V3 has bgp-usd settings hard coded... Make sure you have the same settings in your 2 backtests

I use the set with the ver 2.1, so this is the same set.

After a lot of back test with different risk, i have the result that the ver 2.1 is better with drawdown... the account blow with 3.0 ....

Any explanation ??

thanks

i really don't know why

may be IRON will give us an explanation...

victor21:
I use the set with the ver 2.1, so this is the same set.

After a lot of back test with different risk, i have the result that the ver 2.1 is better with drawdown... the account blow with 3.0 ....

Any explanation ??

thanks

need some help

hello i'm new to to forex trading and to this forum and ill need your help. maybe i didnt understand how to install this ea properly, but i think theres something wrong .. when i load it on a chart, next to the name"piplite v2.1' in the upper right corner there is an X sign or something simillar. shouldnnt it be a smiling face when the ea is setup correct? what might be the problem with that. i'm sorry if it's a lame question but i still don't understand many things and i hope to learn fast, thank you for understanding.

feline207:
hello i'm new to to forex trading and to this forum and ill need your help. maybe i didnt understand how to install this ea properly, but i think theres something wrong .. when i load it on a chart, next to the name"piplite v2.1' in the upper right corner there is an X sign or something simillar. shouldnnt it be a smiling face when the ea is setup correct? what might be the problem with that. i'm sorry if it's a lame question but i still don't understand many things and i hope to learn fast, thank you for understanding.

Did you tick the check box for live trading?

Rob

piplite v.2.1 > the settings are as follows.> long&short positions, enable alerts -yes ; disable alert once hit -no ; allow live trading -yes ; ask manual confirm. -no ; allow dll import -yes ; cofnrim dll imp.-no ; allow import of external experts-yes..... these are the settings. i haven't changed anything else except "initial account' which i set to 10 000 because thats the current balance of my demo account.. i noticed something else.. it seems that i cant run any expert advisor on my mt right now but i don't know why. there is always this X-sign next to the name. it happens even with some eas that i previously used and they had the 'smiling face' on them. maybe i should reinstall the platform and try again with pipltie? Please if you have the time, just tell me very briefly about the settings that you are using with piplite. like currency pair, timeframe and what did you change in its settings. thank you in advance.

feline207:
piplite v.2.1 > the settings are as follows.> long&short positions, enable alerts -yes ; disable alert once hit -no ; allow live trading -yes ; ask manual confirm. -no ; allow dll import -yes ; cofnrim dll imp.-no ; allow import of external experts-yes..... these are the settings. i haven't changed anything else except "initial account' which i set to 10 000 because thats the current balance of my demo account.. i noticed something else.. it seems that i cant run any expert advisor on my mt right now but i don't know why. there is always this X-sign next to the name. it happens even with some eas that i previously used and they had the 'smiling face' on them. maybe i should reinstall the platform and try again with pipltie? Please if you have the time, just tell me very briefly about the settings that you are using with piplite. like currency pair, timeframe and what did you change in its settings. thank you in advance.

I'm sure you've already done this, but have you clicked the Expert

Advisors button at the top?

Indicators

Removed...see first post

Moved...see first post

Reserved...see first post

Changes

All,

I must say that you are risking WAY TOO MUCH! Version 2.1 and 3.0 are the same except for the changes posted on the first post. The logic remains exactly the same.

I've stated this before, you need to have a minimum of $2500 on a standard account to trade Piplite successfully. At $2500 on a standard account with risk set to 5, you will get a base lot of .01 lots. Again, this is the minimum amount.

If you have a penny a pip account such as IBFX micro, you can have a starting balance of $250. The base lots will be .01 lots (penny a pip) but you must select IBFX micro to true. If you have any other type of account (not penny a pip), leave IBFX set to false.

All I can say is that your test data and test platform are just "lucky" or not. The logic is the same, look at the tests I have attached, risk the amount I have recommended and you will see good results with Piplite. Try not to shoot for the moon.

v/r

victor21:
Hi,

iron thanks for the share !!

I have a question regarding the difference between ver 2.1 and 3.0, i've made two backtest (february and march 2009) with the two, with a risk of 20 (1000$ account) on gbp usd with the set file. But only the 2.1 manage the drawdown of the 12/02, ver 3.0 lose 50% of the account.

Why ?

thank you very mutch

Backtest

All,

For those trying to backtest, I've done it for you. Go here. This is important. Backtesting can be an art or it can be a hinderance. I backtested with the default settings of Piplite v3.0 and changed only the IBFXmicro to true for the IBFX test.

These three tests show that Piplite v3.0 works on a 4 decimal provider (FXDD), a 5 decimal provider (Tradeview) and a micro (penny a pip account, IBFX).

The Tradeview demo platform did not allow starting lot sizes less than .1 lots so I had to increase the tested amount size so the base lot size was above .1. For those that have ran into this issue before, you can call the broker you have a testing/demo platform for and they will change your demo account to allow trading down to the micro lot. I just didn't do that.

You will note that the risk is set at 5 and the account amounts are $2500. Note the base lot on the FXDD to be .01 and on IBFX to be around .1 (micro!).

Happy Trading

v/r

Reason: