Blessing 2 - page 6

tcl:
hi FiFtHeLeMeNt, according to the 2.9 version you attached at the first post, should I change the default setting or the default setting is already suitable to trade?? if I should change the settings, where can I get it?

It is the setting I use to trade I can not say it is the perfect settings , you may find a better one

FerruFx:
Hi FiFtHeLeMeNt,

Why don't you code the Point directly to the right value? Like this, doesn't matter the broker's digits.

I do like this now for all my codings:

Then you replace all "Point" by "point" in your calculation.

Hope that helps.

FerruFx

Thanks for your suggestion , but I prefer to use "Point" variable in mql.

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
Thanks for your suggestion , but there is a better solution , "Point" in mql language always is equal to the 1 pip for the symbol which EA is running on. you may use it and dont worry about how many decimals the symbol has.

NO, the point for broker with different digits is not good. Sometimes you have a point with 0.00001 ... It's why in your EA you need to add a 0 to the inputs to match the broker point.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
NO, the point for broker with different digits is not good. Sometimes you have a point with 0.00001 ... It's why in your EA you need to add a 0 to the inputs to match the broker point. FerruFx

yes , I got you and edited my post , but you were fast enough to catch me

I still believe using "Point" is a better option as we give the user more flexibility to set his settings. if the broker allows client to use 0.00001 accuracy , then why should we limit him to 0.0001 ? also there are very few brokers who use higher accuracy than 0.0001 so thats not a big deal.

anyway Thank you for sharing your idea.

Regards

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
yes , I got you and edited my post , but you were fast enough to catch me

I still believe using "Point" is a better option as we give the user more flexibility to set his settings. if the broker allows client to use 0.00001 accuracy , then why should we limit him to 0.0001 ? also there are very few brokers who use higher accuracy than 0.0001 so thats not a big deal.

anyway Thank you for sharing your idea.

Regards

You're welcome.

FerruFx

Minor bug in Ver 2.9

FiFtHeLeMeNt,

Version 2.9 had a minor bug at line 124: s1 buylimit ordersend() with wrong price.

Original codes:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,lot,Ask*2-Bid-(m-d)*Point,0,0,Ask*2-Bid-(m+d-tp2)*Point,NULL,magic);

Print("s1");

Corrected codes:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,lot,Ask*2-Bid-(m+d)*Point,0,0,Ask*2-Bid-(m+d-tp2)*Point,NULL,magic);

Print("s1");

Order price should be Ask*2-Bid-(m+d)*Point.

Please check.

TK

backtest

Dear Fifth Element: I am very new to EA and i have tried your old bless 1.0.6 with IBFX and Alpari (both very small size account). the account on ibfx made some profit but the alpari one was crashed with 24 hours. then i knew about back testing. i tried to backtest with mt4, i noticed that almost all pairs will end up crashed. the new v 2.9 bless2 is no exception. please let me know that should one still use an ea even it will reduce the account to zero at some stage? or is there a way to avoid crashing? or the back test is faulty? thanks a lot.

tkforextsd:
FiFtHeLeMeNt,

Version 2.9 had a minor bug at line 124: s1 buylimit ordersend() with wrong price.

Original codes:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,lot,Ask*2-Bid-(m-d)*Point,0,0,Ask*2-Bid-(m+d-tp2)*Point,NULL,magic);

Print("s1");

Corrected codes:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,lot,Ask*2-Bid-(m+d)*Point,0,0,Ask*2-Bid-(m+d-tp2)*Point,NULL,magic);

Print("s1");

Order price should be Ask*2-Bid-(m+d)*Point.

Please check.

TK

Thank you for reporting this bug , I fixed it in version 3.1.

Regards

Updated to version 3.2.

I added another level between 25 pips grid and 100 pips grid.

now by default settings , it places 4 25 pips grid , 4 50 pips grid and then 100 pips grid. it covers 300 pips area for ranging markets and more for trending markets.

nowadays cable has been very trending and has fallen like 1500 pips almost without any retrace , I am sure many people are curious to know if my live account is still alive or not

the answer is YES , the reason is that I had put my EA on ranging market condition and set MCbyRSI to false , in this condition EA places sellstops below current price and buystops above current price , so by a high probability your trades will be in direction of trend and I had sells all the time when cable was falling.

Regards

leanne:
Dear Fifth Element: I am very new to EA and i have tried your old bless 1.0.6 with IBFX and Alpari (both very small size account). the account on ibfx made some profit but the alpari one was crashed with 24 hours. then i knew about back testing. i tried to backtest with mt4, i noticed that almost all pairs will end up crashed. the new v 2.9 bless2 is no exception. please let me know that should one still use an ea even it will reduce the account to zero at some stage? or is there a way to avoid crashing? or the back test is faulty? thanks a lot.

Hi Leane ,

sorry for late response , I am very busy and don't check this thread very regularly.

as I have mentioned on first post , this EA is a tool to trade forex , there are many factors you may change and sometimes change TPs to fibo levels manually and ... , so you can not test it just by backtesting. backtesting is good to know how it works.

also money management is very important , I am starting just by 0.2 lots on a 100K account and making 10%-20% monthly.

so if you want to use this EA , you should be very familiar to its logic and theory and know what it is really doing so you can manage it manually.

Regards

Reason: