Blessing 2 - page 17

JBear:
Hi All

On FXDD and GOMARKET it wont work

JBear

What kind of account do you have with FXDD? If you have an FXDD

mini, it will not trade less than .1 lots.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
What kind of account do you have with FXDD? If you have an FXDD

mini, it will not trade less than .1 lots.

Rob

Hi Rob

All my accounts are Minis 0.1 (not Micros 0.01)

Thanks

JBear

Broker Decimal Feature

My Broker is a five-decimal-point broker. Most pairs, such as GBP/USD and EUR/USD look like X.XXXXX, such as the current GBP/USD value of 1.61593.

But the USD/JPY pair is neither four-decimal-point nor 5-decimal-point. For most brokers, it is two-decimal-point. But for my broker, it is three-decimal-point. So the current USD/JPY value is 97.456.

It does not seem like your program correctly adjusts for three-point decimals. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

The backtesting results when I put in a "10" for the BrokerDecimal external input look terrible on USD/JPY. But at least it makes a few trades.

jimven:
My Broker is a five-decimal-point broker. Most pairs, such as GBP/USD and EUR/USD look like X.XXXXX, such as the current GBP/USD value of 1.61593.

But the USD/JPY pair is neither four-decimal-point nor 5-decimal-point. For most brokers, it is two-decimal-point. But for my broker, it is three-decimal-point. So the current USD/JPY value is 97.456.

It does not seem like your program correctly adjusts for three-point decimals. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

The backtesting results when I put in a "10" for the BrokerDecimal external input look terrible on USD/JPY. But at least it makes a few trades.

Hi Jim and thanks for that

I was relating the decimal size to the Lot size and rather than the currency size.

FXDD and IBFX are 4 decimal and GO MARKET are 5 Decimal and yet the only one that v3.4 works with is IBFX

Regards

JBear

Backtesting and Decimal

All,

In order to backtest, your account must be able to trade down to microlots. Blessing will not work with a broker that doesn't allow microlots (i.e.: .01, .12, .37, .02, etc). You will always get an order send error if your broker does not allow this.

Blessing is programed to go down to micros because Martingale hedging is very dangerous!

As far as the decimal point goes, any broker that reports 5 decimals past the decimal point on "traditional" pairs (EURUSD) are considered 5 decimal brokers. To backtest on 5 decimal brokers, you need 5 decimal data! If that does not exist, your results will be horrible. For pairs on a 5 decimal broker like USDJPY, they are reporting an additional decimal place in the data therefore the broker is a 5 decimal broker.

I have two FXDD account demos, Blessing trades just fine down to the micro on these accounts. Backtesting on a 5 decimal broker is difficult because it is difficult to find 5 decimal data.

If you care to look at the code, you will see where the BrokerDecimal multiplier is placed. All it does is multiply everything in the manual grid section by 10 (Do a "find" in the MT4 editor on BrokerDecimal and it will take you to each location where this factor is used).

Have Fun!

v/r

Blessing2 version 3.4 by Iron

Thanks for your hard work Iron.

Just wanted to know in your experience, what is the likelyhood of this ea blowing up with the usd/jpy daily settings

I'm starting with 5K demo.

thanks a million

Spy

Blessing Fix

All,

I want to thank the folks in this forum for providing insight on Blessing's performance. It is through you efforts that Blessing gets better. The Broker Decimal set feature did not operate properly and thus was ineffective with brokers that reported 5 decimal places.

Verison 3.5 fixes this and the math is thoroughly scrubbed. Additionally, Money Management is extensively changed. I've attached a talking paper on the philosophy of money management and how Blessing uses this feature.

As always, Blessing works perfectly in manual mode. I highly suggest you use the equity protection feature as a lot of folks have recently experienced demo account blowups because protection was not used. We all grew up knowing that it is always best to use "protection" when treading into the unknown.

As of now, I have only seen the best results on the USDJPY pair on a daily chart. I had an account blow up recently but it was not due to Blessing. In fact, Blessing was continuing to make money on that account while another EA was killing it!

Please use this new version. The menu is intiutive. Backtest using an IBFX platform. I've backtested on both standard and mini accounts and all new features operate wonderfully. A visual chart of how Blessing performs is also added for your visual stimulation.

Happy Trading!

v/r

lron:
All,

I want to thank the folks in this forum for providing insight on Blessing's performance. It is through you efforts that Blessing gets better. The Broker Decimal set feature did not operate properly and thus was ineffective with brokers that reported 5 decimal places.

Verison 3.5 fixes this and the math is thoroughly scrubbed. Additionally, Money Management is extensively changed. I've attached a talking paper on the philosophy of money management and how Blessing uses this feature.

As always, Blessing works perfectly in manual mode. I highly suggest you use the equity protection feature as a lot of folks have recently experienced demo account blowups because protection was not used. We all grew up knowing that it is always best to use "protection" when treading into the unknown.

As of now, I have only seen the best results on the USDJPY pair on a daily chart. I had an account blow up recently but it was not due to Blessing. In fact, Blessing was continuing to make money on that account while another EA was killing it!

Please use this new version. The menu is intiutive. Backtest using an IBFX platform. I've backtested on both standard and mini accounts and all new features operate wonderfully. A visual chart of how Blessing performs is also added for your visual stimulation.

Happy Trading!

v/r

Hi Jeff

I just want to say thank you.

Your ongoing and tireless commitment to this project is commendable to say the least

The time and effort spent just to understand Blessing is one thing but then to relate your understanding to others in a way that is universal says a lot about you

Blessing, what an awesome name for a project.

To you and to its author may the fruits of this project come upon you

Sincerest regards

JBear

USDJPY Backtest v3.5

All,

Attached is the set file and backtest with version 3.5 and money management enabled. Compare to the old backtests.

v/r

does any1 got the balls to trade live with this? I'm not here to offend just curious, thank you for ur support

Reason: