RDB & RTL system - page 29

Trading results for all August 2010 trades (including futures) have been posted.

Summer tradng...

Summer trading months have finally come to an end. Liquidity will slowly increase and in the next 2 or 3 weeks it should be back to normal. Due to limited number of participants (not retail traders), trading is not an easy task in July/August, where price movement can be affected by a smallest factor. Price action in many cases doesn't make sense and new traders wonder how come something worked before and now it doesn't...

I'm glad, we passed that and let's see what the next few months bring.

It WILL be very interesting period for currency traders.

Happy trading....

racscave:
Summer trading months have finally come to an end. Liquidity will slowly increase and in the next 2 or 3 weeks it should be back to normal. ...

As predicted, September is slowly bringing stability to the markets and price movements starting to make more sense now.

Although future results are not guaranteed, we're happy with the current curve.

Enjoy what's left of the summer...

Files:

I noticed that your account is set up as "0.01 micro lots" times the mutiplier of 100 to equal 1.00 standard lots per trade. If we wanted to trade 0.10 mini lots for every 1 standard lot and our account is set up as "0.01 micro lots" also, what's the best way to do that?

mandelmus:
I noticed that your account is set up as "0.01 micro lots" times the mutiplier of 100 to equal 1.00 standard lots per trade. If we wanted to trade 0.10 mini lots for every 1 standard lot and our account is set up as "0.01 micro lots" also, what's the best way to do that?

I'm not sure what's the best way. I'd redirect this question to friendly folks at RAS support desk..

Personally, I trade with up to 0.5std lot per 10k in the account based on 100ps stop.

It was suggested by few members to make changes to the system in terms of lot size displayed on the system properties (attached) to better reflect size we trade. If we decide to make a change it will be from 0.10 minilot 10k to 1.00 STD 100k and it will be done on Friday after market close or during the weekend. If anything changes, I'll update it in this thread first. I understand you will have to adjust your lot multiplier on your end.

If there is any objections, I won't change anything.

p.s. please address any support questions regarding lot multiplier and setup to RAS support.

Back to trading...

Files:
ras.jpg  42 kb

That's fine, but please give us several days advanced notice and close open positions before making the change.

mandelmus:
That's fine, but please give us several days advanced notice and close open positions before making the change.

will do, it makes sense.

racscave - do you have a way to notify all traders of such a change??? I think it may be a problem for some traders - if they didn't update their multipler over the weekend when you do the change, then instead of trading 0.1 lots they are all of a sudden opening 1.0 lots then this could cause big issues for them...

Cheers, Andrew.

wwwild:
racscave - do you have a way to notify all traders of such a change??? I think it may be a problem for some traders - if they didn't update their multipler over the weekend when you do the change, then instead of trading 0.1 lots they are all of a sudden opening 1.0 lots then this could cause big issues for them... Cheers, Andrew.

Sorry Andrew....

I missed your post. Yes, I do. It'd be either via email, posting a note here or on the racscave forum.

Regards,

rac

Reason: