Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 59

nancy2006bj:
Hi,newdigital,I find alpali UK pip changed,and the running for EA changed and freaked.how can I make it running the same as before? Thank you very much

Yes, I know: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page15

I am going to change the broker for some EAs from Alpari UK to the other one. I know that EAs may have same performance: just need to use ... for example ... tp = 100 instead of 10 and so on ... but just in case some indicator may show differently so I will change the broker today for some EAs.

So, some EAs (Electra, Alpha and some others) will be started to test from the beginning with new boker (FXDD, or Alpari rus ...).

Need help with an EA

Hi Everyone, I'm new here but loving the community!!! I have an EA I downloaded from the metatrader site that I have been playing with. The EA uses 4 Williams Percent Range (WPR) Occillators, with different periods to enter trades. In my basic testing it took a 5k account to 12k in a week. Not sure on this long term but I have uncovered a huge flaw, which moved the account back down to 7k from 12 in 2 days.

It enters when all 4 WPR's are below or above a certain amount. However, when it gets stopped out because the move is still down it automatically enters 3 new trades, stops out again, and repeats. This has happened to the tune of 19 losses in a row because of this. What needs to happen is if it gets stopped out 3 times in a row with a loss it must stop trading for an adjustable period of time. This also kills the backtesting results.

I have also attached the mastermind set file with my settings, and a mastermind3 text file with the settings from the actual code. The MM and lot size variables are odd, and the MM can't be changed in settings, you have to edit the mq4 file. The settings in the text file do a 0.10 lot.

I think this EA has good promise, but I can't code myself out of a paper bag. I understand the other side of things from a trading perspective as I trade options and I am an economist, but coding isn't my thing.

Any help is appreciated, and hopefully many benefit.

Regards,

Wayne

ps...the last 2 1/2 hours (7:30pm - 10:00pm EST) on the EUR/USD 5 minute can be seen here (+$385.00) 2008-10-16_2003

Files:

MACD---one tick ahead

hi,Newdigital,Do you know a MACD indicator or EA which can be one tick step ahead the standard MACD in MT4?

Thank you very much

Trade results 12 hours

jacksun:
Hi Everyone, I'm new here but loving the community!!! I have an EA I downloaded from the metatrader site that I have been playing with. The EA uses 4 Williams Percent Range (WPR) Occillators, with different periods to enter trades. In my basic testing it took a 5k account to 12k in a week. Not sure on this long term but I have uncovered a huge flaw, which moved the account back down to 7k from 12 in 2 days.

It enters when all 4 WPR's are below or above a certain amount. However, when it gets stopped out because the move is still down it automatically enters 3 new trades, stops out again, and repeats. This has happened to the tune of 19 losses in a row because of this. What needs to happen is if it gets stopped out 3 times in a row with a loss it must stop trading for an adjustable period of time. This also kills the backtesting results.

I have also attached the mastermind set file with my settings, and a mastermind3 text file with the settings from the actual code. The MM and lot size variables are odd, and the MM can't be changed in settings, you have to edit the mq4 file. The settings in the text file do a 0.10 lot.

I think this EA has good promise, but I can't code myself out of a paper bag. I understand the other side of things from a trading perspective as I trade options and I am an economist, but coding isn't my thing.

Any help is appreciated, and hopefully many benefit.

Regards,

Wayne

ps...the last 2 1/2 hours (7:30pm - 10:00pm EST) on the EUR/USD 5 minute can be seen here (+$385.00) 2008-10-16_2003

Here is a trade statement where you can see the back to back losses that eat the account. I think a stop trading function, as well as a hidden TP and SL would make this an extremely powerful EA. Can anyone help me code this please?

Wayne

Files:

nancy2006bj:
hi,Newdigital,Do you know a MACD indicator or EA which can be one tick step ahead the standard MACD in MT4? Thank you very much

All that I know concerning MACD is on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018

Ea hedged portfolio

Hi everyone.

I am new here in this forum. I wonder anyone tried with have 4 to 5 different E'A RUNNING AT same time. There is ea designed for trending market, choppy market, or scalping session.

If we can running those EA at same time, are we going to do better?

Please advice.

sandymochida:
Hi everyone.

I am new here in this forum. I wonder anyone tried with have 4 to 5 different E'A RUNNING AT same time. There is ea designed for trending market, choppy market, or scalping session.

If we can running those EA at same time, are we going to do better?

Please advice.

IMHO, no.

The best way is to choose one timeframe and one market condition and stick to that.

But this is just my personal opinion.

Shut Down during NY trading time?

Dear Fellows,

my request is (sorry - 3 questions):

It was mentioned several times to shut down trading

(or shut down EAs ) during the NY trading session...

I am living at GMT + 1.00 time zone.

1) Should I shut down the EAs, I am using,

and if YES, how is the best way to shut them down ?

Only push the EA-enabling-button on the top menue ?

Or what way is safest for the current trades, which are still open?

2) Or should I close the MT4 platforms I am using?

If YES, must EA also be closed before shutting down the MT4 ?

3) I never understood the point, how to adjust Mt4 Brokertime

to my GMT timezone... Can someone PLEASE explain it in easy words?

T H A N K S for your help and patience !!!

Sincerely

Rolf

greyowl:
Dear Fellows,

my request is (sorry - 3 questions):

It was mentioned several times to shut down trading

(or shut down EAs ) during the NY trading session...

I am living at GMT + 1.00 time zone.

1) Should I shut down the EAs, I am using,

and if YES, how is the best way to shut them down ?

Only push the EA-enabling-button on the top menue ?

Or what way is safest for the current trades, which are still open?

2) Or should I close the MT4 platforms I am using?

If YES, must EA also be closed before shutting down the MT4 ?

3) I never understood the point, how to adjust Mt4 Brokertime

to my GMT timezone... Can someone PLEASE explain it in easy words?

T H A N K S for your help and patience !!!

Sincerely

Rolf

Unless you where trading on dailies my advice is to close all open positions on weekends and unless you have and advanced understanding of market conditions, something like : this weekend will be relaxed no matter with kept open positions.

Also, no matter the mode you choose to close all. I don't see any problem to close MT4, to remove the EA or to disable the live trading.

About MT4 broker time, you could display it with Market Watch window. That's your broker time. Just add or sub that time with you current time and you have the difference that separates you from your broker.

Thanks 4 help !!

Dear Linuxser,

many thanks 4 Your help!

One question left:

What about the mysterious New Your Trading time,

which I should avoid ( because of large DD and more)?

You haven`t mentioned this in Your previous answer,

although it was recommended several times by Davidke

and other profs here...

Thanks for Your statement on this!!

Sincerely

Rolf

Reason: