SYNERGY Trading Method - page 20

BUGS FIXED in SynergyInd

Hello all:

After my last post, I got to looking at the indicator in more detail and found a bug or two. I have started using the PAC as the only method of closing a trade, and saw that the indicator was completely wrong on that, so I fixed it, as well as making some small fixes/adjustments to the EA.

Please find the latest versions (just Ind and EA) back on Post #179; I have updated them there.

-Derk

Synergy EA

autumnleaves:
Since nobody has made any comments on the EA I uploaded I suppose that it has gone unnoticed. However, if anyone would like a version in which I have corrected some of the errors, I would be happy to provide it in a new post.

BTW, the Range and Volatility indicators used by Malone in the advanced version look a lot like Average True Range and Standard Deviation, which are normal MT indicators.

autumn

Hi AL.

I would be delighted to try your EA. I can't recall seeing it posted before but confess I do often skip version 1 of anything :-).

95% of my trading is with EA's. As long as the setting options are easily deciphered I will have no trouble.. I look forward to seeing it.

Altos.

my first trade

Hello Guys i promised to be posting my screenshots as i take my trade, i just ordered sell on EURUSD at 8:15GMT. here is my screenshot... though am 11pips down, i should have traded on .1lots size but i pull up the trigger before i realised that.... not good MM for my equity

Files:
eurusd1911.gif  94 kb

Fowope:

Why are your arrows and "X"s so large / how did you make them so? Is there some kind of setting for that I am unaware of?

-Derk

fowope:
Hello Guys i promised to be posting my screenshots as i take my trade, i just ordered sell on EURUSD at 8:15GMT. here is my screenshot... though am 11pips down, i should have traded on .1lots size but i pull up the trigger before i realised that.... not good MM for my equity

DerkWehler:
Fowope:

Why are your arrows and "X"s so large / how did you make them so? Is there some kind of setting for that I am unaware of?

-Derk

FYI --

I had the same large arrows when I first used the indicator. One day I removed the SynergyInd by mistake, then added it back -- when I did so it showed the smaller arrows.

JV

this is another chart

hello, i discovered that this new version is not picking trade as earlier version and this is what my chart looks like after removing and updating with the new synergy indicator.

if there's anything different from this, iwould be happy if it is posted as screenshot.

thanks

Files:
chart1.gif  24 kb

Derk,

Add the line

#property indicator_width1 2

etc...

setting to 3 or 4 will give an even larger x or arrow.

Robert

DerkWehler:
Fowope:

-Derk

fowope:
hello, i discovered that this new version is not picking trade as earlier version and this is what my chart looks like after removing and updating with the new synergy indicator.

if there's anything different from this, iwould be happy if it is posted as screenshot.

thanks

The new version does not wait for candle to close; it can put up an arrow anytime. Of course with the indicator, this has no effect on the history, but going forward it will.

not picking trade

hello derk,

quite unusual, the indicator is not picking trade unlike the earlier version. i think you need to see to that or is that is picking trade as often to reduce losing trades

Demo Trading with SynergyEA

Thanks for the pointers Derk. I managed to get all the files in their proper places and we're up and running, so it appears. It might be simplest if you put all the necessary files in a ZIP and posted them with a version number each time, and all in the same message. That way a complete version history would be available and everyone would always be able to find the latest version of all files easily.

Attached is a GIF illustrating a couple of trades that should not have been entered. I am using default settings, so perhaps this would not have happened with different inputs. In any event, it may be helpful to put up a list of suggested settings, and a list of input ranges so that the system can be optimized as well.

I have attached a 5 period standard deviation to the bottom of the chart. Perhaps the Chaikin would have had the same effect as an STDev filter prohibiting trades below a certain value. This is a necessity in my mind.

I'll upload the Synergy implementation I am working on so you can compare signals. No doubt you will find what I do rather simplistic, as I am not a programmer, and am merely trying to put the Synergy signals into a MACD Sample template. So by all means do keep working on this project! Congratulations on what you have accomplished thus far.

autumn

Files:
exit-mav1.gif  27 kb
Reason: