SYNERGY Trading Method - page 16

Alternative Stop

The .pdf also mentions using the lower 5 period MA as a possible stop if you're long and the upper 5 period MA if you're short. It would be awesome for the indicator to have a switch to choose exit(s) criteria, especially for this traling stop type of method. That way you could stay in trades longer and not exit when the HA closes inside the channel and doesn't touch the opposite MA line/level. Then if the trend continues with HA's main candle body closing outside the MA again, the "add to position arrows" can rersume printing again.

Hello all..I find this method easiest traded on the H1 and using the trend of the H4.

For some lower time frame I find the 15m with the trend of the H1 work well.

Quite often I have found myself watching the H4 and waiting for an entry in the 15 min and to take the entry, and to realize that I am in a mini correction trend that does not show up in H4..If you scale down to the H1, you would see the mini trend and would not have entered.

Just some food for thought.

Also for those who do not want to constantly monitor your tradeslook back on the charts if you were to trade the dailys. Go with the weekly trend and you wouldnt have to check/manage the trade very often..Just the open/close of each HA. Great system I think.

Adam

That works good for me too Adam. I have the 15min, 30min, 1hr, and 4hr side by side and I wait for for the 15min, 30min, and 1hr to retrace opposite to the 4hr trend. Then the currency will usually turn back into the 4hr trend and then I wait for the synergy setup. I have had good luck using stochastics to help with the retrace signal.. thx

cochran1:
That works good for me too Adam. I have the 15min, 30min, 1hr, and 4hr side by side and I wait for for the 15min, 30min, and 1hr to retrace opposite to the 4hr trend. Then the currency will usually turn back into the 4hr trend and then I wait for the synergy setup. I have had good luck using stochastics to help with the retrace signal.. thx

Mike,

yea, I have implemented the stochs into the strategy as I too like this for a good point. Sometimes I enter on just a cross over of the signal line since most the time in a strong trend it turns well before ever hitting 80 or 20.

Happy trading

Adam

EA Status?

Derk,

I'm sure you are busy, as we all are. But I still can't run your EA without it crashing my computer.

This thread seems to have dried up, and I am wondering if you are still working on the EA??

Thanks for all you have done.

Dr. Pipper

gibby:
The .pdf also mentions using the lower 5 period MA as a possible stop if you're long and the upper 5 period MA if you're short. It would be awesome for the indicator to have a switch to choose exit(s) criteria, especially for this traling stop type of method. That way you could stay in trades longer and not exit when the HA closes inside the channel and doesn't touch the opposite MA line/level. Then if the trend continues with HA's main candle body closing outside the MA again, the "add to position arrows" can rersume printing again.

I have not had time to work on this system lately, but I do intend to implement an option for placing the Stop (for a long pos) just below the PAC.

-Derk

Dynamic Support and Resistance lines

The moving support and resistance lines (breakout and breakdown levels) that are shown as part of the advanced strategy appear to be moving averages of recent highs and lows. Again it would be cool to have an indicator for that as well.

Market Condition Arrows

The green and red market continuation conditions arrows that are shown as part of the advanced strategy seem to be printing as long as part the HA candle body is beyond the respective PAC line for longs or shorts.

Synergy Page Alerts

I have been using this method for a couple months and have pretty good results. Results are very solid on 15min chart when an entry condition occurs at the beginning of the London or US session (trade needs to be in the same direction as the 4hr chart). I use page alerts when the heiken ashi close crosses the price channel. The page alert is attached for long and short positions.

Can any one add to this alert the RSI condition ?

Alert should occur when both of the following happen:

1. Heiken Ashi close crosses price channel

2. RSI crosses yellow and red

Also added stochastic alerts for 80 and 20 level cross

thx mike

Files:
long.mq4  2 kb
short.mq4  2 kb

can anyone make heikenashi in seprate window and MA5 smooth high and low?

becasue it's too slow to exist from the market, sometime no profit left because waiting for the exist signal need to exist manualy before the exist signal come.

but i think heikenashi good for higher time frame because there is still got profit after you get the exist signal.

thank you

Reason: