SYNERGY Trading Method - page 14

Hello Derk,

first of all thank you for creating the EA. I haven't found the time to look through the trades which were done by the EA using the strategy tester until now. But I'll do it as fast as possible.

rondo:
I just installed it but I am experiencing a memory leak whenever I run Synergy. My memory kept going up and up until my computer is so slow. Do you know how to fix this problem.

Though my computer didn't run out of memory I noticed that the strategy tester loads the indicators every single hour and then removes them again. Please have a look at the strategy tester in the picture below. Maybe this is the cause why the EA needs so much memory.

Right now, the EA is just made to trade what the indicator tells it to, and I would prefer to keep it clean like that (implying that I'd like to program more rules into the indicator, so it gives good entries/exits, then just have the EA trade what it dictates).

Derk, I saw that you added some additionals options the the EA, such as Money Management. Can you please describe these features and how they work? What do you mean with UseDualWinMM. Is it like that Martingale theory?

Unfortunately, Chaikin's Volatility indicator didn't deliver the desired effect. Maybe we can delete it?

How does the EA interpret an "Add to buy" signal. Does it add another lot to the poistion?

Files:
fxdd.gif  66 kb

How do you paste images in these posts ? thx

Adam, one additional thing, I use stochastics to confirm that the 15min is good. If the 4hr trend is going short, I wait for a retrace on the 15min at the 80 level (20 level if 4hr is going long). If this occurs then I take the trade if there is a synergy setup, see attachment. The word file show a downtrend (see 4hr chart) with retraces to the 80 level, you can see that there are synergy setups after the retrace going back in the 4hr tren. (these synergy setups are not that great in this case but this shows what I mean)

As for the 4hr trend, I just look for consistant blue or red(usually stairstep pattern). If the 4hr is sideways then I will take the trade in the same direction as the daily trend. Usually if the 4hr is sideways its better just to wait. thx mike

Files:
15min_stoch.doc  140 kb

cochran1:
How do you paste images in these posts ? thx

May be there is a better way but mine takes a few steps.

1. Click on "Manage attachment", then upload your file from your harddisk,

2. Click on the file that is uploaded and copy the http address,

3. Find a space on your message and click on it. This is where you want to have your image will appear,

4. Click on "Insert Image" icon and paste the http address and click on OK.

5. Done. Your image is now inserted to your message.

thank you..

rondo:
Hi, Derk, Thank you for the EA. I just installed it but I am experiencing a memory leak whenever I run Synergy. My memory kept going up and up until my computer is so slow. Do you know how to fix this problem.

Rondo:

Hmmm, I have no idea, actually. Are you using build 210? Seems lots of folks were having trouble with it. Anyone else seeing this?

-Derk

DerkWehler:
Rondo:

Hmmm, I have no idea, actually. Are you using build 210? Seems lots of folks were having trouble with it. Anyone else seeing this?

-Derk

Derk,

It finally crash my computer. Well, I am using Build 206. I experimented with it and I find that TDI & EA will crash MT4 everytime. I think when I run EA without any indicator, it seems to be ok, not confirm yet. Memory returns after I kill MT4. But another time, memory kept on creeping up even I killed the MT4 terminal so it crash my computer. I reboot my computer and did not bother to test it again until I hear from you. What Build are you running? Could the different version of TDI, Synergy Ind giving me problem. How many custom indicator does EA need?

Chris29:

Though my computer didn't run out of memory I noticed that the strategy tester loads the indicators every single hour and then removes them again. Please have a look at the strategy tester in the picture below. Maybe this is the cause why the EA needs so much memory.

Yes, I believe this is from the iCustom calls to my indicator, which in turn loads the others, but I am not sure... checking into it.

Derk, I saw that you added some additionals options the the EA, such as Money Management. Can you please describe these features and how they work? What do you mean with UseDualWinMM. Is it like that Martingale theory?

Unfortunately, Chaikin's Volatility indicator didn't deliver the desired effect. Maybe we can delete it?

How does the EA interpret an "Add to buy" signal. Does it add another lot to the poistion?

Yes, there are several other options. If MM is turned on, it will use the TradeSizePercent setting to calculate how many lots. The way it works is, for example, if you put in 2, and lose the trade, 2% of your account is lost. In order to calculate this, it has to use the SL setting. If the SL is zero, then it will calculate lots based on a more traditional, though less useful, method: it will use the margin. Example: On a $10000 account with 200:1 margin, it takes $500 margin for one lot. So if you were to set this to 10% (with SL==0), 10% is $10000 is $1000. Divide that by the $500 margin and you get 2 lots.

The DualWin setting is to enable what is known as the binary MM system. But a while back, Michal pointed out a bug in it, so you may not want to use that yet.

As for the Chaikin's, yes you seem to be right. I could leave it in for a bit until we get some god backtesting / optimization done, but if it still doesn't help we'll get rid of it.

Regarding adding trades, when it gets the signals, it should add up to "MaxScaleIns" more orders, and each one will be "ScaleInPercent" times the size of the initial one.

Am a bit busy with some other things, so will catch up on this when I can.

-Derk

DerkWehler:
Regarding adding trades, when it gets the signals, it should add up to "MaxScaleIns" more orders, and each one will be "ScaleInPercent" times the size of the initial one.

Derk, how can I turn off this option? I want the EA to buy only when the first "Buy Signal" appears. No adding buys allowed ...

Derk

This morning on the GBPUSD 15M chart, there was an up arrow, and the next 15M candle was already forming. When I flipped back from one profile and back, the arrow had disappeared.

Files:
gbpusd_15m.jpg  56 kb
Reason: