I like this system , it's very clear.
Derk, I have been using this for a couple months. This is what I found works best:
1. Trade at the beginning of the London or US session.
2. Place trade on the 15min chart going in the same trend as the 4hr chart.
3. Set stop to breakeven after 15-25 pips depending on currency.
4. Then trade off of the 1hr chart placing stop after each hour at the heiken ashi low (long position) or high (short position).
I have not used the rule about > 50 RSI or < 50 RSI if the currency takes off in the same direction as the 4 hr chart at the beginning of the London or US session. Usually once it takes off it goes for several hours or at least to breakeven. thx mike
Thank you for the response.
So are you saying, 1 trade per day?
Derk, I typically make 3-4 per week. I have had some good trades at ~100pips profit, but usually around 30-40. The best time is usually the London session. If you go back and look at the 15min chart, you can see several times a week it will breakout nice right at session open going with the 4hr trend. I have been trading the EUR/JPY mainly. thx
thank you for your effort in constructing the indicators.
Recently I talked with CompassFX about the indicators which will be presented when you're visiting the advanced workshop. Since I live in Germany and no workshops are planned in the EU, I asked for the advanced indicator without take part in that workshop. But it is not possible to buy it.
Please have a look at the attached picture. You can see that the advanced indicator consists of an audible alert and an arrow in the trade direction. The arrow will come up with every single candle as long as the trade is active. Once an exit rule is applicable, no arrows will be painted.
I'd like to list up the rules again:
Entry-Rules for LONG positions:
1. haClose > upper PAC moving average AND
2. PAC moving average trending up AND
3. TDI: RSI (green line) > 50 and TSL (red line) and MBL (yellow line) AND
4. TDI: RSI (green line) < 68
Exit-Rules for LONG positions:
1. Positive bar is much shorter than the previous bar or changes to a negative bar at close OR
2. Bar closes inside the channel OR
3. TDI: RSI (green line) crosses back below the RSL (red line) AND
4. TDI: RSI > 68 AND
5. TDI: RSI crosses back below the upper volatility band to the upside.
Entry-Rules for SHORT positions:
1. haClose < lower PAC moving average AND
2. PAC moving average trending down AND
3. TDI: RSI (green line) < 50 and TSL (red line) and MBL (yellow line) AND
4. TDI: RSI (green line) > 32
Exit-Rules for SHORT positions:
1. Negative bar is much shorter than the previous bar or changes to a positive bar at close OR
3. TDI: RSI (green line) crosses back above the RSL (red line) AND
4. TDI: RSI < 32 AND
5. TDI: RSI crosses back above the lower volatility band to the upside.
Derk, are you able to reconstruct such an indicator? Unfortunately I do not have any knowledge in programming indicators for metatrader ...
3a. TSL (red line) is heading up AND
3a. TSL (red line) is heading down AND
These are the rules from the .pdf document... The indicator I posted already does this, EXCEPT:
The lines in redI don't recall reading; my indicator does not do these.
The lines in greenare something I added because it helped a lot.
The blue, I am wondering if you mean "to the downside" (?)
I can add/change things as needed to improve it. That was the point of my post, if you have ideas.
If you are sure about the parts in green, can you tell me where to find them in the .pdf document?
Plase have a look at pages 49 and 50 in the pdf-document. It says: "Avoid entering a Long when RSI PL > the upper volatility band, >50 and >68."
and "Avoid entering a Short when RSI PL < the lower volatility band, <50 and <32."
Why did it help you? The trading rules pinpoint that the trend of the Price Action Channel is important. For entering Long, the PAC must trend up, for entering Short, it must trend down.
You're right. I'm sorry.
A Long position should be exited when the RSI crosses back below the upper voltility band. A Short position should be exited when the RSI crosses back above the lower volatility band.
Derk, is it possible to add an alarm to your indicator?
Compassfx published an online webinar about trading with the Synergy method on their website. It can be found here.
1) Okay, thank you; I will have a look, and change the Indicator to match.
There seems to be a conflict: On page 51 it says enter then green > 50 and above red and above yellow. Yet on page 49 it says avoid entering long when green line is above upper blue, > 50 and > 68. Do they mean (on 49) to avoid it only if all three of those are true?
As far as the 2nd bullet on 49, "Consider adding to the trade if...", I have not done anything yet to show that.
2) It increased the profit; I was seeing that sometimes it entered a trade when green above yellow and above red, but the move was done: red was headed downward, and it got in anyway. But by saying red has to be angling up, it helped avoid those losers.
3) Yes, I can add an "Alert" call, if that is what you mean.
Thank you; I will keep this in mind.
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.