SYNERGY Trading Method - page 17

trend indicator to asist synergy method

i like this style of trading. to get in a bar or two ealier try this trend indicator set it to 22 or 23 even if the bars closes are within the bands.

Files:
hma_color.mq4  4 kb

Simple EA based on Synergy with PSAR/ATR/STD

Here is the fruit of an exercise I started almost a year ago but have not been able to advance due to lack of programming skills. It is merely a development of the MACD Sample along Synergy lines. If the EA shows promise I would like to port it into the Phoenix 5.7 template. I would be interested in comments and suggestions, as well as optimization/back-forward testing.

In a nutshell, it implements Price Action Channel, Heiken Ashi, Traders Dynamic Index, with some simplifications, for both entries and exits. I am not sure that the exits are properly designed, and would probably feel more comfortable with PSAR exits only. Extra confirmations come from a Standard Deviation on the RSI of the TDI, plus Average True range. I think this is essentially what Malone has done, but with names of his own invention.

You can set the base bar to one bar ago with ZbBar, and you can also tweak the limit numbers in the Malone system for the price line range.

There is no numerical trailing stop as this is handled by the Parabolic SAR. The Take Profit is probably superfluous, and could well be set to an artificially high number.

If someone has a fast Core 2 Duo or similar, here are some proposals for optimization ranges:

extern int P_ZBar = 0 and 1

extern double P_SARStep = 0.02 to 0.03;

extern double P_SARMax = 0.2 to 0.3;

extern int P_GreenLMax = 65 to 75; //upper long entry limit

extern int P_GreenLMin = 30 to 60; //lower long entry limit

extern int P_GreenSMax = 40 to 70; //upper short entry limit

extern int P_GreenSMin = 25 to 35; //lower short entry limit

extern int P_STDMin = 5 to 9;

extern int P_ATRMin = 6 to 11;

I look forward to responses

autumn

Files:

Hi everybody,

I have been testing Synergy for a month or so, like it very much. Just recently I found this forum and this thread and downloaded DerkWehler's indicator, it makes trading much easier :-)

There is one thing I've noticed so far. If there is a divergence between the price and the green line, than the signal is most likely not going to work. There is an example on the attached GBP/USD 4hr chart, check the areas with purple lines. From one buy signal to the other, the price made a higher high but the green line made a lower high, and then the signal failed. I am going to do more testing on this one, but I was wondering if Derk could incorporate this divergence into the indicator?

Thank you,

branac

Excellent observation branac. Thanks for pointing that out. I look forward to testing this system.

Hello branac........

I'm missing something here; I've looked at this chart for a long time and do not understand exactly what you are saying. Can you explain further? Thanks!

branac:
Hi everybody,

I have been testing Synergy for a month or so, like it very much. Just recently I found this forum and this thread and downloaded DerkWehler's indicator, it makes trading much easier :-)

There is one thing I've noticed so far. If there is a divergence between the price and the green line, than the signal is most likely not going to work. There is an example on the attached GBP/USD 4hr chart, check the areas with purple lines. From one buy signal to the other, the price made a higher high but the green line made a lower high, and then the signal failed. I am going to do more testing on this one, but I was wondering if Derk could incorporate this divergence into the indicator?

Thank you,

branac

BeachBum:
Hello branac........ I'm missing something here; I've looked at this chart for a long time and do not understand exactly what you are saying. Can you explain further? Thanks!

Heya BeachBum,

Nice to see you here, I was following your work on Fozzy method for quite some time.

Ok, I have attached the same chart again, with some numbers added. The area of interest is between numbers 1 and 2. While moving from point 1 to point 2, the price is going up, that is, made a higher high. At the same time, while moving from 1 to 2, the green line (RSI) is going down, that is, made a lower high.

Now that's a divergence. In this case it is a bearish divergence, and usually after this, the price changes the direction. Sometimes it's only a retracement, sometimes it's a trend change. Testing will show how can we tell one from the other.

branac

branac:
Heya BeachBum,

Nice to see you here, I was following your work on Fozzy method for quite some time.

Ok, I have attached the same chart again, with some numbers added. The area of interest is between numbers 1 and 2. While moving from point 1 to point 2, the price is going up, that is, made a higher high. At the same time, while moving from 1 to 2, the green line (RSI) is going down, that is, made a lower high.

Now that's a divergence. In this case it is a bearish divergence, and usually after this, the price changes the direction. Sometimes it's only a retracement, sometimes it's a trend change. Testing will show how can we tell one from the other.

branac

Hi branac.....

Nice to see you too. I've been following this method for a while because it is so similar to Fozzy-style trading; RSI and MA cross for a signal. However, the addition by Dean Malone of a few other simple indicators is what really got my attention and I've been working with this and testing his methodology and the TDI indicator.

OK, I understand the negative divergence reference. What I did not understand was your comment about signal failure. Can you offer additional comments on that part of your first post?

BTW.....Fozzy-style trading still rules as far as I'm concerned, but I'm always looking for ways to make it more successful, within reason of course........

BeachBum:

OK, I understand the negative divergence reference. What I did not understand was your comment about signal failure. Can you offer additional comments on that part of your first post?

Aaahhh, I see, "signal failure", probably just a bad choice of words. What I meant by that is, the system gave a buy signal at point 2 and at the same time we can see that the divergence was formed. And the trade ended as a loss. My idea was, maybe we shouldn't have taken that buy signal, because it was right on the bearish divergence.

Another way of looking at this........

Do you like trading triangles?

Files:
gbp_usd.jpg  90 kb

BeachBum:
Do you like trading triangles?

Yeah, good thinking there. That is exactly what I was planning to do, draw trend lines on the green line, when it breaks them, it can make good moves. Probably the best signals would be when both the price and the indicator break their respective trend lines, or any other pattern ...

branac

Reason: