SYNERGY Trading Method - page 19

forward testing the enhanced synergy indicator

I have updated my former indicator and files to the latest version as instructed by derk, and i volunteer to post the screen shot of trades taking when the market is opened for the week.

have a blessed and pipfull week ahead

screenshot of enhanced basic synergy trading method

here is the screenshot of my chart with the enhanced basic synergy template.

But i have a complain here, why is the alert windows displaying add to buy repeatedly..... i will see to this when the market opens

Files:

When I turn on the SynergyEA I have response:

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\libraries\LibDerksUtils.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\LibDerksUtils.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

SynergyEA EURUSD,H1: cannot load external expert 'LibDerksUtils'

SynergyEA EURUSD,H1: expert stopped

I have copied LibDerksUtils.mq4 to libraries folder.

Synergy Assisteance by Derk

Did you rename the MQH file extension?

I just realized I have changed my lib files, so I have added the new copies in here. Last time I posted them all in one .zip file, because this @$#& forum does not allow you to upload .mqh files. This time I just changed the name. So... download the "LibDerksUtils.mq4" into your experts\libraries folder, and download the "LibDerksUtilsHEADER.mq4" into your experts\include fodler, BUT RENAME IT TO "LibDerksUtils.mqh",OR YOU WILL GET COMPILER ERRORS.

prezes1112:
When I turn on the SynergyEA I have response:

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\libraries\LibDerksUtils.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\LibDerksUtils.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

SynergyEA EURUSD,H1: cannot load external expert 'LibDerksUtils'

SynergyEA EURUSD,H1: expert stopped

I have copied LibDerksUtils.mq4 to libraries folder.

I don't know what's happened.

I renamed the MQH file extension. I did everything you said. Compile is OK, no errors. But when I started EA I have alarm:

a question here

what file are we to rename here?

is it LibDerksUtilsHEADER.mq4 to LibDerksutils.mqh?

if that is the file to be renamed? i have a problem here....on loading the chart after droping the file into its required follder, I discovered that the alert display window will display add to buy repeatedly and will give so multiple sound.......

am refering to manual ttrading here......

is that how your chart behaves?

I think there is problem here because the former version didn't behave like that.

anybody to help me here?

prezes

why don't you try the manual method if the EA is giving you some challenges. I think derk said earlier that the EA might have some bug.

Autumn:

I am a bit busy working on my own, but hey, whoever gets one to be profitable first, I'm game to use it!

Regarding your other posts, which I presume are related to my EA and Ind:

You may need the indicator: "Chaikin's Volatility_Kalenzo", which is called from both EA and Ind, but only if you have UseChaikin set true, which you probably don't.

Are you getting any useful output to the experts tab or the journal tab?

As I mentioned, to run the EA, you need these four files:

LibDerksUtils.mq4

LibDerksUtils.mqh

LibOrderReliable.mq4

LibOrderReliable.mqh

They can be found it the .zip file in post #65, and the latest version in post #179.

-Derk

autumnleaves:
Since nobody has made any comments on the EA I uploaded I suppose that it has gone unnoticed. However, if anyone would like a version in which I have corrected some of the errors, I would be happy to provide it in a new post.

BTW, the Range and Volatility indicators used by Malone in the advanced version look a lot like Average True Range and Standard Deviation, which are normal MT indicators.

autumn

Okay, folks...

Yes, when you download LibDerksUtilsHEADER.mq4, put it in your experts\include folder, rename to: LibDerksUtils.mqh.

I have requested from the admin that he allow header files to be uploaded in their proper form...

Someone else mentioned putting LibDerksUtils.ex4 into their libraries folder; it should be .mq4, not .ex4 in the Libraries folder (although .ex4 should work too).

So let me recap:

Just to be sure, shut down your platform, then make sure the files are in the right places:

In experts, you should have the EA:

SynergyEA.mq4

In experts\indicators, you should have the indicator:

SynergyInd.mq4

In experts\include, you will need:

LibDerksUtils.mqh

LibOrderReliable.mqh

In experts\libraries, you will need:

LibDerksUtils.mq4

LibOrderReliable.mq4

When done, start up the platform. Then from there, start your metaeditor, and from your Navigator on the right, open LibDerksUtils.mq4 from the "libraries" section. Hit the compile button and make sure it has no errors. Then open LibOrderReliable.mq4 and do the same.

Assuming those both compile fine, open SynergyInd from the "indicators" folder and compile that one too. Then open SynergyEA and compile that one too.

These should all compile fine if everything is in the right place. If so, close your metaeditor and then you can apply what you wish to your chart. Remember, the EA no longer needs the indicator; so they are independent.

If you have further problems, be sure to check what it says in your Experts tab and your Journal tab in your Terminal.

Hope this helps...

-Derk

fowope:
what file are we to rename here?

is it LibDerksUtilsHEADER.mq4 to LibDerksutils.mqh?

if that is the file to be renamed? i have a problem here....on loading the chart after droping the file into its required follder, I discovered that the alert display window will display add to buy repeatedly and will give so multiple sound.......

am refering to manual ttrading here......

is that how your chart behaves?

I think there is problem here because the former version didn't behave like that.

anybody to help me here?

To all:

Sorry for the long absence; I have kept busy of late, but got a bit of free time tonight to test and post my new version.

I have made only a few changes:

1) I have ported all the guts of the indicator over to the EA, so the EA no longer calls the indicator, which should fix the problem of it chewing up memory, etc.

2) I have changed both Ind & EA to open a trade based on when the HA crosses the PAC, not closesoutside the PAC; i.e. it is now possible for it to enter during mid-candle.

3) For both Ind & EA, I have added in the PAC "trailing stop", so if you enable UseOppPAC_Trail, and are in a buy, and the price goes lower than the lower PAC line (minus spread), then it will close the trade.

4) For both Ind & EA, I have made all exit methods optional.

5) For EA, I have used integers for all the entry and exit options instead of booleans. This is so that it can be backtested/optimized, as you cannot optimize booleans.

My backtesting is not behaving well, so if anyone out there is good at backtesting, has good data, and is willing to test, it would certainly be a boon to the group. I would suggest running an optimization (running, of course, from 0 to 1, step 1) on all the optional entry/exit vars:

UseEntry68_32

UseSmallerExit

ReqRedYellowCombo

UseVolExpanding

UseChaikin

UseH4Trend

UseSmallerOrOpp

UseClosedInsid

UseTDI_ExitDir

UseOppPAC_Trail

If we can get a confident idea of which of these are just useless (likely most), then I can remove them.

I'm going to go ahead and post the new versions here, instead of where I used to, in post #65. Enjoy, and please post any helpful test results.

UPDATE:

I just realized I have changed my lib files, so I have added the new copies in here. Last time I posted them all in one .zip file, because this @$#& forum does not allow you to upload .mqh files. This time I just changed the name. So... download the "LibDerksUtils.mq4" into your experts\libraries folder, and download the "LibDerksUtilsHEADER.mq4" into your experts\include fodler, BUT RENAME IT TO "LibDerksUtils.mqh", OR YOU WILL GET COMPILER ERRORS.

You will also need the two LibOrderRelaible files, but they were in the .zip file in post #65 and have not changed.

Wishing you all pips,

-Derk

UPDATE 18 Nov, 2007:

Fixed some bugs in SynergyInd.mq4 and SynergyEA.mq4; latest ones posted here.

Reason: