PLEASE HELP IN THREE MOVING AVERAGE EA (NICE ENTRIES, POOR EXITS)

X3MA, It uses 3 fast MAs to determine entries and exits as well in an event of a crossover. I have been hacking my mind trying to look for a good indicator to help towards the exit of the trades of this EA. This is because it has a good entry but poor exit. Over 80% of the time the EA trades profits as well as the trades are on profits but when it comes to exit it looses all the money and makes losses. Besides TP or TSL I am looking for a good exit strategy.

Your assistance and contribution will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Muema Kamba

Files:

It is you that must come up with the strategy. Then you have only three choices: Search for it, learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

WHRoeder:
It is you that must come up with the strategy. Then you have only three choices: Search for it, learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

Hello,

Thank you for the help. I have been trying to improve this code and it seems that I have hit a dead end.I have tried to make it enter a trade on the same candle as there is a cross over and allow couple of trades to happen on the same candle stick and all is not working. Mind if you help?

What it is supposed to do it to enter a trade and exit the other after a signal has been produced.The signal originates from the MA crosses. I was coding it with the expectation that it will be able to trade all signals but to my surprise it is not. It is quite disappointing.

I have tried posting the code but it is kind of impossible because it is long.Kindly find attached.

Kindly assist

Files:

properkhunt:

Depends what time frame and averages you are using.

Apparently my current strategy is not working. This is because it can not exit on it's own. It needs some manual intervention. I have worked on it to exit and enter during MA crosses. It is not doing that.

fredkam: Apparently my current strategy is not working. This is because it can not exit on it's own. It needs some manual intervention. I have worked on it to exit and enter during MA crosses. It is not doing that.
  1. You haven't stated a strategy - no mind readers here.
  2. Then fix it. Fix it. Fix it.
  3. Print your variables values and which IF are entered. Track it down. We are not going to debug your code for you.

I think, a good exit point could be the crossing of the two faster MA-s.

Reason: