BUG: Signal-Service closed wrong Position

Hi,

i've found a Bug in the Signal-Service: It has closed the wrong position this Morning. Instead of a small win, i got a bigger loss.
Please find attached a png-file containing some screenshots with details and explanations...

I can't use this Service with larger amounts, as long as i know that there's a bug, closing any wrong position... Overall this Service seems to offer great opportunities, so i'd like to use it ...

Will this Bug be fixed soon?

Files:

You can read the logs/journals (or VPS journal in case you are using MQL5 VPS) just to check about the following:
why those positions were closed.
It may be the following reasons:

• you as a subscriber are using synchronize without confirmation settings and the positions were closed by stop loss or take profit (and those positions may be opened once again for you) - it is not a bug in the signal service, it is ypour wrong signal settings;
  • you as a subscriber or the signal rpvider make a deposit or withdrawal from the trading account with the opened positions, and the lot size was automatically re-synchronized because of that with lot size correction - it is not a bug in the signal service, it is you or signal provider did mistake making deposit/withdrawal from/to trading account when the position is still open;
  • it may be some other reason.

So, you can read the logs to understand the situation.

"Synchronize positions without confirmation"
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/333680
Signal synchronization
Signal synchronization
  • www.mql5.com
What happens on a practical level if I don't tick the box "Synchronizartion without confirmations" (so with confirmations) ? Urgent Reply pls...

Christian Blank:

Hi,

i've found a Bug in the Signal-Service: It has closed the wrong position this Morning. Instead of a small win, i got a bigger loss.
Please find attached a png-file containing some screenshots with details and explanations...

I can't use this Service with larger amounts, as long as i know that there's a bug, closing any wrong position... Overall this Service seems to offer great opportunities, so i'd like to use it ...

Will this Bug be fixed soon?

I don't think there is a problem, you have confused signal provider's server time with yours.

It seems more like a synchronization issue, so make sure you've done everything as described here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

Contact the signal provider for assistance.

In my attached File "WrongPositionClosed.png" above there is a Screenshot of the journal at the end.

I've activated the "copy SL/TP" checkbox for the signal and I've activated the "without confirmations" checkbox (see screenshot of my settings attached) - But there was no SL or TP set on these positions.
(is it recommended, to deactivate the "copy SL/TP" feature?)

The Provider and I didn't make any deposits or withdrawals (as you may see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/434721).
(in that case, i would have opened another position, with lower/higher volume - which wasn't the case)

I can't see any relation on server Times. Of course, the Account is set-up correctly - it's working correctly - since 2020-07-15 - and has copied a lot of trades correctly. Only the one Position today morning was closed wrong.

Files:

Christian Blank:

In my attached File "WrongPositionClosed.png" above there is a Screenshot of the journal at the end.

I would appreciate if you send me a full log file via private message.

is there any progress already?

It happened again. This was the third time now :-(

I'm not sure how often this really happens, but today was the third time i'm sure it's a bug in the synchronization (but i'm not checking every single Position)

How can this happen? Aren't you using the Ordernumber as a unique identifier?
It could simply be set as the Comment for the copied order... Just a thought

It happened today on Terminal Version 1320

I looked at one of your screenshot and I see the balance operations provided by you or signal provider in the time of openning trades.
It means: the trades are open, and he or you are depositing or withdrawing some money from trading account.
And some open trades are going to be corrected (partial closing) because of that during the automatic synchronization.

And the next (additional) reasons: you are making your trades on the account.

You can check your logs (Metatrader journal) to understand and to identify the reasons (because I just explained it in theoretical point of view, it is necessary to look at the logs to understand about what was happened).

Christian Blank:

It happened again. This was the third time now :-(

I'm not sure how often this really happens, but today was the third time i'm sure it's a bug in the synchronization (but i'm not checking every single Position)

How can this happen? Aren't you using the Ordernumber as a unique identifier?
It could simply be set as the Comment for the copied order... Just a thought

It happened today on Terminal Version 1320

How possible is it to affect only you?

There is no one else complaining about signal synchronization issues.

The most possible cause is that you have slippage issues and you are getting losses, when the signal provider gets profit.

@Sergey Golubev
I know the problem with deposits/withdrawals - I've hit them several times.
But that was not the case

and I've never made trades by myself in this account

@Eleni Anna Branou
I can't believe that this is only affecting me. May other people do not spent so much time in investigating why they've made losses, and just cancel the abo.

Yes, there may are slippage issues, but that's not the problem.
As in my original post, all operations are correctly done, but sometimes on the wrong position...

look at the attached screenshots.
Check the times on the blue arrows. I'm really really sure, that the wrong position was closed. Not only based on provider's profit and my loss, also based on the open times.

Files:
screenshots.png  176 kb
Reason: