SYNERGY Trading Method - page 21

EA now working smoothly

I've had a bit more time to watch the EA in action, and note that it opens trades in 2 directions after a volatility squeeze. Great idea! (Or at least that's what I think it does, so correct me if I'm wrong). It appears as if you've put all the goods into this system, and it seems to have potential. I could benefit from some instructions on forward testing, backtesting, and optimization. Please refer me to appropriate messages or documentation.

For possible interest I attach the corrected version of the Synergy system I have been working on. It is not a perfect replica of the system, and incorporates a volume based index for confirmation. I also include Parabolic SAR for confirmation as well as last-resort exit and trailing stop. You may wish to consider this approach rather than using the MA as TS.

It also relies on a standard deviation on the Force to help filter out action in ranging conditions, and of course the TDI is built with MAs on RSI, plus Bollinger Bands. I don't use the bands for entries, however.

Exits are all signal based. I would be delighted to have feedback and back/forward testing and/or optimization.

autumn

Sample Synergy EA

The EA file is attached.

Files:

my suggestions

Am still having problems with trading manually with the synergy indicators. the problems are listed below

1. the indicators are not picking trades as usual.

2. the alert+sound is behaving abnormally. (it gives more alert+sound than the trading opportunities as seen on the chart)

3. the alert windows keeps popping up continously the moment the chart is loaded after a closed session.

My suggestion to derk:

1.That all required files to make this system works effectively be compiled and zip in a seperate folder .

2. post 67# be updated to have the former and latest version be compiled in different zip files.

I think the problem am having might have been generated from wrongly putting of files together from different source.

Derk, I think we would achieve a very good result if this is put in place.

Thanks for the commitment you've put into this project.

fowope:
hello derk, quite unusual, the indicator is not picking trade unlike the earlier version. i think you need to see to that or is that is picking trade as often to reduce losing trades

I'm not sure what you are saying... you mean it is not taking any trades... or just not taking trades the same as the previous version?

I have this version running on my box, forward testing and it seems to be performing okay. But I think I should do a bit more checking; make sure nothing is wrong.

I have also added more features; hoping these extras will give us what we need to make it profitable.

New version coming soon.

Oh, BTW, I will take your advice and post all relevant files in a zip each time. Most will not change, but that is ok. I probably should keep putting them in one place too, back on post #67.

AutumnLeaves:

I'm not sure about the trades that should not have been entered. These are going top be hard to find... I think I will just have to do significantly more testing to try to make sure things are working as intended.

I have it forward testing now, on GBPJPY; I think using this pair may be our saving grace, because it moves so much more that it helps immensely to balance out the inevitable losers. I was always testing before on GBPUSD, but now I either GBPJPY or EURJPY, as they seem the most volatile.

As far as settings to test... there are a lot these days, but I am running with almost everything turned off. If someone out there is good with backtesting and is willing to do an optimization, I will tell them exactly what I think should be tried. Anyone???

-Derk

autumnleaves:
Thanks for the pointers Derk. I managed to get all the files in their proper places and we're up and running, so it appears. It might be simplest if you put all the necessary files in a ZIP and posted them with a version number each time, and all in the same message. That way a complete version history would be available and everyone would always be able to find the latest version of all files easily.

Attached is a GIF illustrating a couple of trades that should not have been entered. I am using default settings, so perhaps this would not have happened with different inputs. In any event, it may be helpful to put up a list of suggested settings, and a list of input ranges so that the system can be optimized as well.

I have attached a 5 period standard deviation to the bottom of the chart. Perhaps the Chaikin would have had the same effect as an STDev filter prohibiting trades below a certain value. This is a necessity in my mind.

I'll upload the Synergy implementation I am working on so you can compare signals. No doubt you will find what I do rather simplistic, as I am not a programmer, and am merely trying to put the Synergy signals into a MACD Sample template. So by all means do keep working on this project! Congratulations on what you have accomplished thus far.

autumn

Nope!

lol... no, it should not be opening trades in two directions... ever.

Sorry to disappoint on the clever factor.

Sometime here soon, I will write a long post about the settings and what each does (although many/most are self-explanatory by their name if you have read the system .pdf).

Probably before then, I will post a new version (in .zip file on post #67) which has some default settings, and recommended pair(s).

Happy trading!

-Derk

autumnleaves:
I've had a bit more time to watch the EA in action, and note that it opens trades in 2 directions after a volatility squeeze. Great idea! (Or at least that's what I think it does, so correct me if I'm wrong). It appears as if you've put all the goods into this system, and it seems to have potential. I could benefit from some instructions on forward testing, backtesting, and optimization. Please refer me to appropriate messages or documentation. autumn

good work derk

great work derk. putting the files updated in post 67# and making reference to it each time there is an update will solve any irregularities/abnormalities generated from putting up indicators wrongly.

thanks for taking to that.

any update yet on post 67#

Nope!

lol... no, it should not be opening trades in two directions... ever.

Sorry to disappoint on the clever factor.

Sometime here soon, I will write a long post about the settings and what each does (although many/most are self-explanatory by their name if you have read the system .pdf).

Probably before then, I will post a new version (in .zip file on post #67) which has some default settings, and recommended pair(s).

Happy trading!

-Derk

is there any update in post 67#?

fowope:
is there any update in post 67#?

No, not yet. I have just added featured tonight. I need to test them a bit first; hopefully find out what might be causing some problems folks are having.

PDF File and optimization

Thanks for all the clarifications. Could someone refer me to the post containing the PDF file?

With regard to optimization, the EA is apparently not set up to use the MT4 automated optimization system, which does the iterations based on initial, final and step values you enter in the dialogue box of the EA. See for example the version of Synergy that I posted. It is possible there is something I don't understand here, but it seems to me vital to be able to use the automation features of MT4.

autumn

Reason: