PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 45

@DuyDuy - What TimeFrame are you using?

Continued testing...

Well, I have been testing, changing, re-testing, and modifying this EA for months... since Don posted this EA. (Note: I am still modifying the original EA)

My first issue was with the out-lier (float) trades that never get closed. So, in investigating, it seems to never open trending trades unless they are outside the HighestBuy/LowestBuy, LowestSell/HighestSell parameters. A limitation that I have removed.

Also, the logic dictates that a group of profitable trades may be closed without closing the opposite losing out-lier. I have fixed that.

Also, I didn't like the lagging moving averages and other lagging indicators used to decide to open buys or sells. I removed all lagging indicators and have inserted the best indicator for determining trends... price.

Initial testing has been favorable, however I still want to increase lot size on strong trends to accellerate the removal of losing out-liers. And I want to close all trades on a specified equity gain and start the cycle over.

I will post what I have when I finish this version. So far 10% returns a month are average. Drawdowns are about 15%.

Hi Crodzilla

Hi Crodzilla,

I am happy you are still working with this ea. I noticed your comments about increasing lot size. Do you think it would be better to work with the trendspacing during strong trends rather than increase lots?

One I thought it might be easier to code,

and two, having all the lots the same size can help with margin. With some brokers having two opposing trades of the same lot size results in only one lot of margin being used and as margin usage is an issue with this type of ea this could help.

Look forward to your results.

Waltini brings up a good point.

I tried this EA a 5000 demo account. Applied it to 5 pairs tues about 19:00GMT and within 30 hours the account had 10,700 but with 3000 in DD. That's still very impressive. What I see though is that during consolidation this will quickly stress the margin envelope

I'd like to know if anyone has outlined a "user" instruction sheet beyond what Bear had put on the beginning of this thread.

I'd like to learn more about the "MaxMarginPercentage",

"SaftyLevelPercentage" and the "SaftyProfitTargetPercent" settings.

If these are to protect from blowing out the account, how do they apply? ie: changing SaftyLevelPercent from 400 to 600 should do what?

Do they allow the EA to use "more" or "less" of the the available capitol?

If the EA is placed on two different charts, and use up the margin available will one close a negative (or positive) contract to avoid margin calls

during drawdown periods?

Is there anywhere I can read up on these things? OR, are these names and identifiers just things decided upon by each coder?

Thanks for any help,, Tj

Its all in the code

Hi trixtuf,

everything you want to know is in the code.

for example

if (BuyLots * MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MARGINREQUIRED)>(AccountBalance() * MaxMarginPercentage / 100) / 2) BUYme = false;

In our hypothetical example we have 20 buy orders at 0.1 lot each so BuyLots = 20 x .1=2

MODE_MARGINREQUIRED is asking for the Free margin required to open 1 lot.

=$250

Account Balance is $2000

MaxMarginPercentage =40/100

so it becomes if(2 x $250)greater than($2000x.4/2) BUYme = false

if($500)>($400)buyme = false

in this case we already have too many lots open for our nominated MaxMarginPercentage and no more trades will be opened.

If you look through the code you will see your other examples laid out in a similar manner

I wouldn't dare...

I would never dream of putting this EA on more than one pair. Because I have never seen this EA pass my scrutiny of a long-term backtest. I was fooled at the beginning also. The short term forward testing was awesome.

waltini, trendspacing is out. I have abandoned the original concept of keeping this thing on a "grid" strategy. Right now, my EA opens positions based on price determining the trend and strength of trend... no indicators, they lag to much. You end up with lots of out-liers you can't get rid of.

I'm against the limiting of trades based on margin. I think a correctly working strategy would not need to do that. You end up extending your drawdown periods (with no way to get rid of the losses because you are not trading).

Unrelated Side Note: It's kind of like a Federal Reserve pumping money into an economy that wants to naturally take a breather. It's going to falter... don't postpone the inevitable. You just make the crash worse than it should be.

Carl

Thanks waltini, your input is appreciated. I've found coderguru's tutorial's on writing ea's and that should help me figure this out some too.

By crodzilla,

"removal of losing out-liers. And I want to close all trades on a specified equity gain and start the cycle over."

This was my concern also, I'll definately be interested to see how this is handled. Wish I could be helping instead of just straggling along to learn.

duyduy:
ANd here GU pair result..

account balance is up 20% since 05/11/07

With no floating

What version of ea you are testing????

duyduy:
Hi

Here is my result with no floating.

So far it give 10%/day

my equity is up 50% since 5 Nov 2007. exclude 8 Nov I don't trade because i'm busy

i use 30minutes TF

and i used neo_enhancedV2 modified by waltini.

It's in previous page

sorry duyduy

last question but what settings you use.

There is enable Long and Sell what does it mean you have both activated???

I mean Trade Long and Trade short

and also i puted it on gbpusd 30m but it keeps asking me 2007.11.12 12:40:47 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari\experts\indicators\FX Sniper's T3 CCI.ex4' on the GBPUSD,M1

Ok i keep try

but why it says me C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari\experts\indicators\FX Sniper's T3 CCI.ex4' on the GBPUSD,M1

Reason: