PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 44

Well, the way I see it..

Hi Matrixebiz,

As I said I am no hotshot but the maxbuys in the code is to count the number of orders, no more, no less. The original coder has given it zero to start with because we normally start counting from zero. Giving it a value other than zero will only interfere with the counting.

There is a fair bit of code there but I can't see any code whatsoever to limit the number of orders so I added just a couple of words to the buy and sell routine.

I am just learning so if I am wrong well that is a good lesson for me and my apologies.

waltini:
Hi Matrixebiz,

As I said I am no hotshot but the maxbuys in the code is to count the number of orders, no more, no less. The original coder has given it zero to start with because we normally start counting from zero. Giving it a value other than zero will only interfere with the counting.

There is a fair bit of code there but I can't see any code whatsoever to limit the number of orders so I added just a couple of words to the buy and sell routine.

I am just learning so if I am wrong well that is a good lesson for me and my apologies.

I think, this EA is just a dream of hope?

waltini:
Hi Matrixebiz,

Ok, no problem. I'm no coder, I just saw those lines of code there and thought that is what they meant. I guess we'll know soon enough

duyduy:
This is my statement using NF on EU and UJ. 5% for today

Hi Duy,

Which version that you are testing now? may you post your setting too?

Is it Daily timeframe?

Thx

It sort of works

Hi Duyduy,

The increment works okay for me but I can't get the multiplier to work. I have attached a set file to see if it works for you.

I like this Ea

Hi guys, I just started (am just starting) trading and feel lucky to have found this thread. I'd like to start with thanks to Don and all who have tweeked it for better operation and performance.

I did some tests, changed a couple of settings in the main catagory and got up to a 2.56 profit factor on a couple of pairs but much worse, with the same settings, on others.

Would someone please lead me to a place where I can learn what the Start, Step, and Stop boxes are for?? I'd like a better understanding of what affect those settings have and when they are used during the trade sequence.

Thanks in advance for any help, Tj

duyduy:
ANd here GU pair result..

account balance is up 20% since 05/11/07

With no floating

Hi! What were used parameters?

First of all I wanted to say thanks to don_forex for his great contribution.

I think it worth investigating whether there is significant benefit optimizing the period of the MA and the rest of the parameters frequently. I'll run a test and post here later.

Thanks again

InTrance , thanks for the explanation ... I'l go back and play with it some more

Reason: