Discussion - page 31

Yoda_Glenn:
The Total Winners and Weekly winners thread can be somewhat misleading, as some of these top-pip-earning EAs often have devastating drawdowns and loses. If an EA summons a margin call, then it doesn't matter how many pips it can make in a month. My suggestion is that the EAs have some type of rating with them, in terms of how much risk they pose. Just a suggestion....

not in a month. I am doing it weekly.

The reason for weekly performance thread is understandable.

The reason for weekly winners thread to be existed is the following: many people are following some weekly performance of EAs together with the market condition. They interpolate the results on the next week if they feel that next week's market will have the same market condition with previous one. I am taking wekly pips from the statements.

And I am doing total leaders thread just to understand which EA is profitable since the beginning of forward testing. I am taking the results from the statements.

If EA is profitable for 1 year forward testing for at least one pair so I will make excel file with all the information available: drawdowns and so on.

Besides I am posting all updated statements weekly:

- weekly statements;

- updated satements from the beginning of the testing.

I think statements will tell everything and no need to repost some numbers. Just open the statements from the beginning of the testing and see.

Every EAs is having the thread for discussion.

Most interesting thing will be EAs which will be profitable for 1 year forward testing. We will create the special thread about those EAs and I will try to create excel files for each one just to easy follow the systems.

Should EA trades be closed at the end of the day?

That is to ask, does the next morning's market immediately mean a new type of "logic" applies to your EA, that really has no bearing on your EA's pervious day's decisions/orders? Or, if your EA happened to buy/sell in the direction of POSITIVE SWAP, does it really not matter? Thanks.

Yoda_Glenn:
That is to ask, does the next morning's market immediately mean a new type of "logic" applies to your EA, that really has no bearing on your EA's pervious day's decisions/orders? Or, if your EA happened to buy/sell in the direction of POSITIVE SWAP, does it really not matter? Thanks.

It does not matter for me. EA should have some logic to be used without manual intervension.

As I know some people prefer to open swap free account. But it is personally.

As to my "personality" so it does not matter.

Yoda_Glenn:
Is this true?

GBPUSD is one of the best pair for EA.

Why does USD/CHF earn so many more pips for EAs than other currency pairs?

Yoda_Glenn:
Why does USD/CHF earn so many more pips for EAs than other currency pairs?

It depends on the systems.

EAs are creating on the following way:

somebody attached indicators to some chart, testing it manually and created EA. So if this somebody attached it to USDCHF first so it may be good for this particular pair.

And it depends on the settings as well.

For example GBPUSD is having good and clear signals/breakout cases for many months already. The same with USDCHF. But it may be changed any time. It depends on which pair is leading.

You may see from the images: it was breakout for GBPUSD and USDCHF. But not for EURUSD and AUDUSD! It was just good movement only in case of EURUSD.

Any developer/coder is creating EA for some particular pai: for GBPUSD, or for EURUSd and so on. And when we receive this EA we are trying to find the better settings for the other pairs. For example I created Scalp_net EA for EURUSD only.

Files:
usdchf.gif  31 kb
gbpusd_11.gif  32 kb
eurusd.gif  32 kb
audusd.gif  32 kb

Is trading with EAs the week after Christmas (26th - 29th) a good idea? Or is it just like any other week? Or is it just a slow week?

Anyone know of a good scalping EA? Something that uses 15-30 pip stops?Im looking for something to test but theres so many different EA's on this board, dont know where to start.I dont really like the idea of these ones that have very large drawdowns or that you have to trade with micro lots and it scales up the positions when its losing. Systems like that can work great for a while in the right market conditions but they can also blow up an account quick if markets change.

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.forexmentorprogram.com

As I know it was some idea to trade the news. To trade according to forex calendar taking the news from some file or website.

So, I am testing new EA created by Igorad:

NewsTrader_v2.

This EA may trade according to all the news, or according to NFP only.

Will post it before New Year.

Files:

newdigital:
As I know it was some idea to trade the news. To trade according to forex calendar taking the news from some file or website.

So, I am testing new EA created by Igorad:

NewsTrader_v2.

This EA may trade according to all the news, or according to NFP only.

Will post it before New Year.

It was GBPUSD.

Now is USDJPY.

That's really working!

Reason: