PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 187

I think you need to back test a little longer than just the past few months. Any EA or settings which can withstand oct and dec 2008 and march and may 2009 are the ones to trade. Can you back test a 2000 account with your settings from jan 2008 until recently and see what the out come is?

v 17_1

Version 17_1

- Added trailing stop

- Ability to disable ProfitTarget

- hidden recovery orders code

extern double ProfitTarget = 0; // All orders closed when this profit target amount (in deposit currency) is reached. set=0 to disable profit target

//trailing stop

extern int TrailingStop = 0; // set = 0 to disable trailing stop

extern int TSstep = 1;

extern bool EquityStop = false; //enable/disable EquityStop

extern double MaxLossPercent = 50; //maximum loss in balance procents 1=1% max loss

extern bool ExitAllTrades = true; //Close all open orders

extern bool StopTrading = true; //stop trading if EquityStop was triggered

Files:
pm17_1.zip  19 kb

I get this when backtesting:

Pipmaker_V17_1: the comment parameter for OrderSend function must be a string

Pipmaker_V17_1 EURUSD,M15: OrderSend error 4062

What could cause this?

Thanks

Download history for pairs you test

Indeed. 4 months backtest is not enought to put some EA to live account. I do 4months only to get a first impression of settings used. Just to save some time.

After i usually do tests from january 2009 and usually 10-12 months backtest satisfies me. I know that 99% of the EAs did not live through 2008 year profitably. I think that PiPMaker is not a miracle here aswell, whatever settings used.

My first settings for usdcad from 1year backtest were not miracle either.

01.07.2008-01.07.2009 its makes pretty much 0 bucks. But it doesnt wipe 1000$ account aswell. So not too bad. Just needs more tweaking.

The main problem is still to cut off trades from edges of trends. Still figuring out which indicator would be the best to do that job.

Any ideas and settihgs for indies would be appriciated.

Thnx.

I am going to make a suggestion. Its only a suggestion, but I think it will be a little beneficial to us all. Howver, my idea will stop pipmaker becoming what it is at the moment - a countertrend EA.

IS it not possible for pipmaker to actually follow the over all trend, eg buy on dips etc and only use its martingale function when the trend goes against it?

What do you think?

when i trade with lot sizes 0.05 and want to have incrments of 0.01, it trades with lots sizes of 0.01 and increments 0.06! Something in the coding? I have tried with MM off and with increment profit target on and off. Can you have a look please?

James666:
I am going to make a suggestion. Its only a suggestion, but I think it will be a little beneficial to us all. Howver, my idea will stop pipmaker becoming what it is at the moment - a countertrend EA.

IS it not possible for pipmaker to actually follow the over all trend, eg buy on dips etc and only use its martingale function when the trend goes against it?

What do you think?

set reverse to false and it will trade with the trend - if the trade gos against you then it will enter another position when the indicator is that same direction again.

so for example if you are in a sell and it gos against you it will sell again when the indicator gives its next sell signal.

In regards to your martingale function when the trend gos against it - there are literally hundreds of those out there - all of which work for a while and then pretty much bomb due to enormous position sizes and the cost to carry those trades. Most traders dont have sufficient margin to carry a martingale type system. Through my own trial and errors as well as those of many others, the pipmaker method of incremental lot increases seems to be much safer than that of the martingale strategy.

best thing you could do would probably be to find the indicator you like the best for your trading style and ask enforcer if he will add it for you

Just something to think about.

V17_1 has bug with pause start and pause end times. They dont work if TP/SL/TS given. Still making new orders outside the times given.

Could you please fix. Thank you!

Im still trying to get usdcad settings together. Because market is very much/fast changing, i need trading pauses/starts to work.

also, while someone looks into the above issue, I also have noticed a bug - when i trade with lot sizes 0.05 and want to have incrments of 0.01, it trades with lots sizes of 0.01 and increments 0.06! Something in the coding? I have tried with MM off and with increment profit target on and off. Can you have a look please?