Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 10

Rafaelro:
I will give you a sugestion or to any ane that can program it i think this ea will be a better ane if you add a rsi indicator and never buy a overbought corrency and never sell a oversold this will help a lot the ea i think if any ane do that send me a copy to test

My friend, The SRSI engine just does that, just disable the Alpha9 engine.

Here is a test of the SRSI engine alone without MM and a fixed lot size.

Files:

This the Last Statement showing the floating drawdown and the detail of closed trades.

icek:
Hello

i ve tested Alpha during this week to see what's going on with this quite strong movment on indices.

the scenario is always the same (quite different with august crash ) .

Carry pair fall ... (AUd / NZD )... xxx/JPY fall etc.

Normally EUR + GBP fall too but it will arrive later.(ubs+DBank... prediction ).

JPY + Chf -> up ...

in such market you have with alpha, 15 pairs (= 15 directions) but in fact you have a risky exposure in a fall of stock market.

6400 points is nothing : you can have 12 000 may be 20000 points of loose( it is a not so big correction on stocks market you know... ie you stay over the sma200 in daily timeframe).

In fact , MA 200 is quite 80 % accurate but in this 20 % of case, it could be catastophic.

It is the reason why i suggest to implement discretionnary parameters ...

but i understand project1972 to not implement such parameters and have just an equity protection.

In this case , it is difficult to run alpha in such market, i have to wait stable market to play big trend and reach for sure 78 % / year. ;-)...

in each case archi bravo for this beautiful piece of software...

I agree with you on everything, but I will not modify the trading concept of the system, our best protection against big corrections is just a good equity stop, the adjustment of the MM and the Stop is the critical part.

I have seen pairs like GBPJPY trading at over 1500 pips over his MA200, if at any moment we get stuck with 5 orders and the pair suddenly come back to visit the MA200, we can get -7500 pips drawdown on ONLY ONE PAIR, that's the reason to set a good stop to protect our previous profit, In the backtest GBPJPY did over 8800 pips of profit in one year, I think that profit is enough to encourage us to trade this pair, but a good setting is needed to protect our previous profit, and not loss it in just a week.

The Equity Stop of this EA was subject of a careful coding, is not a simple order close system, because I have found that during fast market movements a simple order closure system fail to close all the orders, because slippage, requotes, etc

When the Equity Stop trigger, we store that condition in a global variable and the EA will enter in a infinite loop until all the orders are positively closed, even if you restart the terminal, the Loop will be still there UNTIL there is not any open order, in others words, the EA will retry infinite times if any order fail to close.

The % of the equity stop is a critical part, by default it's 90% but I am not so sure yet that this is the correct setting.

The only way the get the correct numbers for the MM and the Stop is after at least 1 year of forward testing.

After a enough period of time like one year we be will able to draw a more exact line to define what its a typical drawdown or a dangerous one that need to be stopped.

The current 3 months of forward testing are not enough to get this value, I am stating to think in a 5% of allowed drawdown or double the actual MM but keeping the actual stop at 10% drawdown.

Unfortunately with the backtester we only can guess what will be the correct stop, we can't backtest all pairs together, and the margin of error can be a big one.

Files:

thank you project1972 just a sugestion, to configure the take profite and trailing stops to match the pair volatility.

Ex: gbp/usd move much more them usd/eur sow the trailing and take profit should be bigger

gbp/usd move 2 times more them eur/usd

the same for gbp/nzd....

some pair move a litle...sow the take and trailing should be a bit smaller..

eur/cad move a litle more them avarege sow....

OK! thank you

can i have a copy of this piece of gold when it get in beta fase?

Rafaelro:
thank you project1972 just a sugestion, to configure the take profite and trailing stops to match the pair volatility.

Ex: gbp/usd move much more them usd/eur sow the trailing and take profit should be bigger

gbp/usd move 2 times more them eur/usd

the same for gbp/nzd....

some pair move a litle...sow the take and trailing should be a bit smaller..

eur/cad move a litle more them avarege sow....

Rafaelro, The TS don't need any adjust because it use a PSAR Indicator to move the TS and the PSAR auto-adjust itself to the chart of each pair.

I you do a backtest in Visual Mode, you will see that the PSAR TS is dynamic, sometimes it move hundred of pips behind the price on breakouts to practically stop any price movement in the consolidation period.

I had the idea of make a dynamic TP but I abandoned the idea of any new version of this EA, to concentrate in another system I am currently working.

Ok so Alpha9 uses various engines to profit in different market environments, but doesn't switch off any unprofitable engines when they're not required.

I've read a lot on professional traders running particular systems live when the equity curve is within a certain std deviation (some sort of deviation ... need to re-read one of my books), but if it drops out of that range they only continue to trade demo until the system's equity curve gets back into the range.

... is there any way to automate this to switch on/off the vrious engines, or just do it manually? Any thoughts?

adam777:
Ok so Alpha9 uses various engines to profit in different market environments, but doesn't switch off any unprofitable engines when they're not required.

I've read a lot on professional traders running particular systems live when the equity curve is within a certain std deviation (some sort of deviation ... need to re-read one of my books), but if it drops out of that range they only continue to trade demo until the system's equity curve gets back into the range.

... is there any way to automate this to switch on/off the vrious engines, or just do it manually? Any thoughts?

The Engines are progressive, it mean that if the Mn trend is up and the H4 trend is down the H1, M30, M15, M5 engines will not trigger orders

I found a bug in EquityStop, well is not a bug but is something that I didn't take in count before, recently many orders triggered the SMA 200 stops and because that, the equity keep dropping his trigger point because it use the Account balance to deduct the percentage of allowed loss.

If many orders trigger the SMA200 stop before the the equity stop point the balance drop and the EquityStop also drop, the end result is a loss much more higher than the predicted one.

The EA was updated in the first post to version 1.19, now the EA will store the highest equity in a global variable and use that value as reference.

The waiting time after a stop was updated to 96 hours and the MM doubled but keeping the same 10 percent of equity stop. Those settings are the results of the last 3 months of evaluation in the forward testing.

Equity protection bug

Let me first thank you for generously sharing your EA.

I am experiencing a bug with the equity stop protection. It works correctly when the equity balance is less than the account balance, however the reverse of this also triggers the equity protection. I am not sure if this bug was also addressed in your recent update. See image attached.

Files:
alpha_bug.jpg  164 kb

robinsonia:
Let me first thank you for generously sharing your EA. I am experiencing a bug with the equity stop protection. It works correctly when the equity balance is less than the account balance, however the reverse of this also triggers the equity protection. I am not sure if this bug was also addressed in your recent update. See image attached.

Hi, robinsonia, this is not a bug, what triggered here is the Equity Trailing.

extern bool EquityTrailing =True; // To enable a equity trail, it will close all orders when equity show profit extern double PercentEquityTrailing =2; // Percent of profit to start the closure off all the orders.

The EA have 2 Equity closures, The Equity Stop is to protect against a major loss.

The Equity Trailing is to close all positions when the Profit reached a X amount over the account balance, you can disable it if you want.

Reason: