Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 29

I see that this better volume 1.5 alert indicator alerts with change of color. Can it be set to alert when any bar crosses the variable horizontal line either from below or above? Thanks.

Better Volume 1.5with customizable Alerts and Colors function

Tsar:
Better Volume 1.5with customizable Alerts and Colors function

Thanks for the indicator, It is really good at identifying the various bars and alerting accordingly. Can someone program this indicator to alert when any of the bars no matter what color cross the floating thin variable blue line?

Is anybody trading volumes in forex with success (based on "volumes" only)?

im so glad can be join here.. i love VSA very much.. though i still didn't grasp it very well..

im sure.. there's method in using VSA to read market direction correctly.. each phase by phase or even candle by candle..

start form TF 1D.. move on to 4H.. until M15 or M5.. so we can do scalp there.. all day.. (dreaming..) thanks for all great contribution here..

keep it up.. good luck.

Go Green Pips.

Below is a modified indicator you might find interesting. Adding a divergence detection function could be helpful. Feel free to modify & use. Here is a description of the code modification :I've attempted to make:

Tick volume, Ask-Bid = Delta.

Display a Blue positive histogram bar when Ask-Bid is positive, and current price is above opening price.

Display a Green positive histogram bar when Ask-Bid is negative, but current price is above opening price.

Display a Yellow negative histogram bar when Ask-Bid is negative, and current price is below opening price.

Display a Red negative histogram bar when Ask-Bid is positive, but current price is below opening price.

Detect Divergence between Price & Histogram Readings.

Files:
vsa_idea....gif  29 kb

tvi_v2_original.mq4

Here's the file...

Files:

Hi all,

im new on this forum, and havent metalanguage experience....( i have used metastock and tradestation until now).

i found volume analisys very important.....for me its like fuel for a car ....

i have written a code in excel who make volume count tick by tick and would like if anyone

would have pleasure and interest to translate it into metalanguage code.

This indicator make sum or subtraction of volume if last tick ( and volume ) is on bid side or ask side.

In my opinion it is very useful when price is near to a double max or a double min ..... because

you can see if price is supported by volume or not ( like a false breakout ).

I think in multicharts now there is an indicator like this.....

So the preface is finished....lets start to see how it work.....:

// THIS IS AN EXPLANATION ON HOW I MADE THIS IN EXCEL //

Column A : time

Column B : price CLOSE ( tick )

Column C : volume

Column D : =IF(B2>B1;1;IF(AND(D1=1;B2=B1);1;0)) // this start on row 2

Column E : =IF(D2=1;0;1)

Column F : =IF(D2=1;C2;0)

Column G : =IF(E2=1;C2;0)

Column H : =G2 * -1

Column I : =F2+H2

Column J : =cumulative sum (I2+J1)

I have make a lot of column to better explain how it work.....

I really dont know if its possible to make this on metatrader 4...... hope that someone is able to do this ))))

Marco

Hello VSA traders,

Can somebody help me change the settings on better volume 1.4? Instead of the chart bar showing the high/low of the candle can it be change to show only the body of the candle bar not including the wick? If you know what I mean?

Thanks a million!

doubleR85:
Hello VSA traders,

Can somebody help me change the settings on better volume 1.4? Instead of the chart bar showing the high/low of the candle can it be change to show only the body of the candle bar not including the wick? If you know what I mean?

Thanks a million!

Simply replace lines like these :

red = High;

blue =Low;[/PHP]

with these :

[PHP] red = MathMax(Open,Close);

blue =MathMin(Open,Close);
Reason: