Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 23

A blue bar is just one that doesn't satisfy any of the criteria to make it a colored bar (yellow, red, green etc). If you look at the code you can see the various criteria that make each bar.

Lux

How to read and interpret Better volume indi

Hi Guys

I downloaded the Better Volume (TRO's version) and tried it last night. I am quite in the dark about how to use it though. Does anyone have a description of how to use this indi? I have noticed the text goes red when you get a big momentum bar,which indicates high tick volume, but that volume can be either up or down. Plus, if you wait for these high volume bars, you are often missing the boat.....

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Designmax

You should remember that Wick is pretty much useless - it's an indicator that shows candlestick shadows. You can easily trade on volumes and candlesticks instead.

Only red wick bar: high = open/close price. (because there was no shadow above the open or close price).

Only blue wick bar: low = open/close price. (because there was no shadow below the open or close price).

Volume does not teach or learn or give you any kind of valauble information what so ever.

If you trade with a spread broker you have hardly any information on volume.

If you trade what ever kind of serious future like the S&P-mini or the dow-mini or the european BUND etc...you have all the information needed on volume.

Up till now there is not one bit of proof given to use volume information in a reliable way.

The reason for that is:

Price can go down on low volume

Price can go up on low volume

Price can go down on high volume

Price can go up on high volume

And most important lets say that you have correct volume information and price is moving up and you suddenly see a serious spike up in the volume , is that someone who also wanted to go long and this way confirms the move up or is that someone who was sitting long and closed his long by covering it with a short order and believes this was the end of the move up ?...

In other words..volume does not give you any valuable information. The only info is that there was a lot of interest at some point but up or down you don't know.

iGoR

changing the code

Hello everybody

I was thinking it would be very convenient if we could have the "bettervolume" indicator at the bottom of the main chart instead of a separate window.

In fact I would like to ask it from programmer guys around here to change the code. I'm not a programmer. I changed the

#property indicator_separate_window" >> #property indicator.._chart_window

but those bars filled the entire chart.

Then I added

#property indicator_minimum 0

#property indicator_maximum 100

but those parameters didn't fix it. Any comment from programmers?

Thanks

Files:

Help

Does anyone could adds alarm with sound at this indicator?

Swing_Point

Thank you

Help please

Hi everyone.

Does anyone knows about "Volume Breakdown Indicator" and "CDV" indicator (something about cumulative average volume) on ninja trader ?

Is there anykind of them on MT4 ? If someone have them, please post it.

Great Thanks.

Best Regards.

Is there a User Manual for Better Volume Indicator 1.4

Hi,

I'm found a pdf file for the origional Better Volume Indicator, does anyone know if there's a users guide for Version 1.4 ?

Thanks

Helo guys, how to read better volume indicator which is modified by TRO? What's the meaning for percentage? %average? % previous? Anyone can explain to read this indicator? Thanks.

iGoR:
Volume does not teach or learn or give you any kind of valauble information what so ever.

If you trade with a spread broker you have hardly any information on volume.

If you trade what ever kind of serious future like the S&P-mini or the dow-mini or the european BUND etc...you have all the information needed on volume.

Up till now there is not one bit of proof given to use volume information in a reliable way.

The reason for that is:

Price can go down on low volume

Price can go up on low volume

Price can go down on high volume

Price can go up on high volume

And most important lets say that you have correct volume information and price is moving up and you suddenly see a serious spike up in the volume , is that someone who also wanted to go long and this way confirms the move up or is that someone who was sitting long and closed his long by covering it with a short order and believes this was the end of the move up ?...

In other words..volume does not give you any valuable information. The only info is that there was a lot of interest at some point but up or down you don't know.

iGoR

But Forexflash has made a system that can be useful to trade with it.

The system give good information data about current volume.

Reason: