To make things simple here is the sequence:
1. you create subfolder .../experts/files/databank/
2. copy from alpari 1m data into databank (It is called M1_XXXXXX.hst
3. attach script periodgen to the same chart XXXXXX, frame doesn't matter
4. It will create subfolder .../experts/files/databank/XXXXXX in which you will
find all timeframes up to H4 generated based on alpari data. (it will not create
M1 you already have it, just copied it from alpari, remember)
It runs very fast (maybe less than a minute).
5. save old time frames in your history subfolder and replace them with new ones
including 1M (you need to rename it XXXXXX1.hst) which you copied from alpari.
NOTE: this script does not change time zone it uses alpari time zone. I basically
created this script for backtesting on a defined data set so I don't care if ti's
As long as alpari will continue publisihing data you can repeat this once a month
to get more data.
At least for me alpari data completely synchronized gives much more sober results
in my testing.
The most sober tests result from following steps in prior post.
alapri has 2 1/2 years worth of data.
I'd say if your EA didn't make any money in 2 1/2 years on alapri time it probably
won't make it anywhwhere.
Where I can download strategy tester and how to test my EA in this strategy tester.
If there is a link to study , please inform
This must be a new record 2006 <> 2018.
It's funny because the info is still very relevant:
Even this day we are discussing these things...
@Fajar Kurniawan the tester is build in it the two desktop terminals.
Download one of those and it will be available for you.