JLPi Grid EA - page 13

modifying the EA

jlpi:
Hello,

first a short introduction:

I am a trend follower and have profitable EA for such purposes, but as real trend following systems they don't trade very often (in average once a week per EA), so I have some time to check the forums for new ideas and test also some ideas. Here is one.

I am not fond of systems that are averaging down like martingale EAs or even Grid EAs but I am at least testing some of them because you need to keep your mind open.

Grid systems have at least the advantage of not increasing the lot size when the market is moving against them, so they will resist better in adverse conditions.

Then I made my own Grid EA. I know that others exist but I prefer to do my own because I can better control the behaviour of the EA.

Many grid Eas send a lot of limit orders at the beginning but I prefer to keep the grid "in memory" and send the orders when the price is reached. (I think that the brokers will also prefer that)

I also filter the direction of the orders according to a long term moving average. So if the trend is up I will send only Buy, and if down only Sell.

I have also an ADX filter to send the orders in both directions if the trend is too weak, but for the moment I keep this parameter low because the filtering according to the MA only looks OK.

I also close the grid regularly in order to avoid too big positions open against me. So I close my grid when I have got 5% increase in my equity.

I have run it on USDJPY H1 (Time frame shouldn't matter) and it gives steady profits. The parameters value are as default.

Please test it on other pairs, make comments remarks, suggestion for improvement.

I will keep the "official" version on this first post.

Have fun and good testing !

(edited)

new version with variable lots size, a bug corrected for Intervals with JPY pairs, and different intervals if the pair is trending (TrendInterval) or ranging (TrendInterval*MultiplierTrendInterval)

(edited 2)

new Parameter MicroLots to tell if you accept 0.01 lots or not

(edited 3)

new Parameter MinLots for the starting size Lots. default is 0.1 but you can put 0.01 for IBFX for instance.

(edited 4)

New parameter StopLoss. If set to 0 it means no stop loss as it was before and a value >0 means a stop loss of this value in points.

I think the EA u created is awesome!!! but i just want to ask a simple modification....i think it will be great.....

just code it to have an option of closing all trade as soon as the specified increase in equity is met.....

lets say i set the Closing percentage at 10%.......so when when the equity reaches +10% all open orders are closed and the EA starts trading from beginning to close all the orders as soon as 10% gain is achieved........thanx.........if anyone could code it please do....

I had to stop trading this EA...I added more funds and it exited everything at a loss....sheesh all I did was add funds!

ES

ElectricSavant:
I had to stop trading this EA...I added more funds and it exited everything at a loss....sheesh all I did was add funds! ES

lesson 1

- Demo feed is different than live "I must have said this like a 1000 time on TSD "" , so even if they look the same they are not as the execution of the trade is different therefore you will need to tune your expert live , it takes money to make money ... lose 50$ to test your expert on a live feed

many traders spend hours optimizing and demo testing and they lose big time when they trade their experts live , your not the first ES ... few really understand lesson 1 , most likes to live the dream of the demo results and the backest

Help

2008.10.12 06:07:29 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.4202 at 2008.09.15 19:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.4178 mismatches)

2008.10.12 06:07:29 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 72 at 2008.09.15 19:00 exceeded)

2008.10.12 06:07:29 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.4189 at 2008.09.15 19:00 and price 1.4176 mismatched)

I've gived up with this problem

I've already download history

what I've done wrong????

sorry for bad english

polohot:
2008.10.12 06:07:29 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.4202 at 2008.09.15 19:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.4178 mismatches)

2008.10.12 06:07:29 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 72 at 2008.09.15 19:00 exceeded)

2008.10.12 06:07:29 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.4189 at 2008.09.15 19:00 and price 1.4176 mismatched)

I've gived up with this problem

I've already download history

what I've done wrong????

sorry for bad english

try this..........................

Files:

minime,

I had a problem with the code not allowing balance changes due to deposits.....I understand the importance of testing with 0.01...LIVE....but good post.

This is a generally good investment type EA...but needs a good coder to fix it....(I have tested hundreds of EA's Demo and live and I only have one that I am trading now and it is very risky...)

ES

MiniMe:
lesson 1

- Demo feed is different than live "I must have said this like a 1000 time on TSD "" , so even if they look the same they are not as the execution of the trade is different therefore you will need to tune your expert live , it takes money to make money ... lose 50$ to test your expert on a live feed

many traders spend hours optimizing and demo testing and they lose big time when they trade their experts live , your not the first ES ... few really understand lesson 1 , most likes to live the dream of the demo results and the backest

Grid EA

Hi,

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Is there any EA for simple grid (buy/sell together and only take profit when it reach the grid line) with MM ?

Thank you

Happy Trading.

Simple Grid EA

I am looking for an EA that will do as follows:-

1. First based on my analysis, I will open a post 1 lot, say a buy.

2. Then only I will insert or make active the EA.

3. The EA then will set the TP (take profit) say at 30 pips.

4.Then instead of goes up the price drop. At 30 pips drop the EA will open 2nd buy post of 2 lots. For this 2nd post the EA will set 30 pips TP. The EA will also move the 1st post TP to the 2nd post TP. That means if price later move up 30 pips, 1st post will be closed BE but 2nd post closed at 30 pips profit at 2 lots.

5. Price keep dropping. At next 30 pips drop the EA will open 3rd buy post of 4 lots. For this 3rd lot the EA will set 30 pips TP. The EA will also move the 1st and 2nd posts TP to the 3rd post TP. That means if price later move up 30 pips, 1st lot will be closed at lost, 2nd lot will be closed BE but 3rd lot closed at 30 pips profit at 4 lots.

6. Again instead of goes up the price drop further. At next 30 pips drop the EA will open 4th buy post of 8 lots. For this 4th lot the EA will set 30 pips TP. The EA will also move the 1st, 2nd and 3rd posts TP to the 4th post TP. That means if price later move up 30 pips, 1st and 2nd lot will be closed at lost, 3rd lot will be closed BE but 4th lot closed at 30 pips profit at 8 lots.

7. This process continue to the 5th and 6th posts. By the opening of 6th post, price has drop 150 pips.

8. The EA also should has an option to close all posts when price make a little reverse and the combination result of all posts is either BE or at little profit (to reduce stress). This can be done either at 4th or 5th or 6th post as set by the user.

9. After closing all posts, the EA will stop functioning until I manually open another post.

Thank you for those who willing to code or share this type of EA.

Kadir

Simple Grid EA

Hi guys,

I need yout help. I need a simple Grid EA that creates 10 or more buystop orders und 10 or more sellstop orders at given time (you can also use this for London open breakout) with given gridsize. EA had to close all orders (open + pending) when accountprofit is reached. Who can help?

Kind regards,

jimbofx7

Reason: