Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 14

(originally posted in the FAQ thread as a response to Wackena's debugging)

It appears that we need to do MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point

... line 700 and 701

NewSLTrade3B=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(((

OrderTakeProfit() -OrderOpenPrice())/2),Digits)- MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);[/CODE]

Changes to:

[CODE]NewSLTrade3B=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(((

OrderTakeProfit() -OrderOpenPrice())/2),Digits)- MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;

Same change on 715

That is completely my fault. The documentation listed "MODE_STOPLEVEL 14 Stop level in points." but I didn't correct for it :/ That is what weekly builds are for I suppose. Mode 1 may be stable. I'm thinking about releasing 5.6.08 with mode 1 by default, listing the build as "stable" and making Mode 2 and mode 3 labeled "unstable - testing". Might be too complicated, but mode 1 has always appeared stable aside from weird broker issues.

I'm tempted to release a "logging" version as well for testers. It shouldn't be used on a daily basis, but logging would help a lot. I did create nearly 100G of logs on a single backtest (with optimization) but by default logging would be off.

So we have 3 choices...

1) make the two line change and release 5.6.8 as is.

2) Finish the extra logging and release 5.6.8 with logging off by default

3) Change the default mode to Mode 1 (which isn't as powerful but very functional) and release 5.6.8 as stable mode 1 only.

The typical user won't change the mode unless they read the documentation. Maybe when Mode 3 is stable we would mark it by default?

Feedback please...

daraknor:

... line 700 and 701

OrderTakeProfit() -OrderOpenPrice())/2),Digits)- MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);[/CODE]

Changes to:

OrderTakeProfit() -OrderOpenPrice())/2),Digits)- MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;

Same change on 715

That is completely my fault. The documentation listed "MODE_STOPLEVEL 14 Stop level in points." but I didn't correct for it :/ That is what weekly builds are for I suppose. Mode 1 may be stable. I'm thinking about releasing 5.6.08 with mode 1 by default, listing the build as "stable" and making Mode 2 and mode 3 labeled "unstable - testing". Might be too complicated, but mode 1 has always appeared stable aside from weird broker issues.

I'm tempted to release a "logging" version as well for testers. It shouldn't be used on a daily basis, but logging would help a lot. I did create nearly 100G of logs on a single backtest (with optimization) but by default logging would be off.

So we have 3 choices...

3) Change the default mode to Mode 1 (which isn't as powerful but very functional) and release 5.6.8 as stable mode 1 only.

The typical user won't change the mode unless they read the documentation. Maybe when Mode 3 is stable we would mark it by default?

Feedback please...

Changing the default to Mode 1 is probably the correct way to proceed. That way, if newcomers download latest EA, it runs as stable. If they take the EA and test, then high probability of good 1st experience. If they come back to thread and read about Mode 2, 3, then they should be somewhat more knowledgable about EA development. I think if Mode 1 only version is issued along side other version with Mode 2,3, most will download the latter thinking it is newest development. Issuing full functional EA with Mode 1 default is a good idea.

BTW, your sl corrective action listed above works.

Wackena

Thanks for the feedback and trying it out Wackena. I don't have any open trades that would qualify for the SL adjustment :/

man, i dont know why u guyz keep messing with this obselete ea. its dead, get it? hedrix doesnt even support it anymore and u cant make it work right w/out him. give up. quite wasting ur time. u will lose. u would lose even if hedrix was here. this ea is like a maze of wierd code anyway. i know coz i looked at it. go work on firebird an make it better or something so we can all make some good loot off it. like they said in that xmas show - 'ul shoot yer eye out' wit pheonix. ' heh

squigglefunk:
man, i dont know why u guyz keep messing with this obselete ea. its dead, get it? hedrix doesnt even support it anymore and u cant make it work right w/out him. give up. quite wasting ur time. u will lose. u would lose even if hedrix was here. this ea is like a maze of wierd code anyway. i know coz i looked at it. go work on firebird an make it better or something so we can all make some good loot off it. like they said in that xmas show - 'ul shoot yer eye out' wit pheonix. ' heh

Thanks your kinds words Squiggsomething...

And what have YOU done to make this EA better ????

Nothing..

Then Nothing go back to your hut...

daraknor:

... line 700 and 701

Changes to:

Same change on 715

So we have 3 choices...

Feedback please...

Well, Darak

a/ The people who do nothing never made mistake... Then don't apologize, you made so much already...

b/ Is it a capital bug or a minor bug ?

- Capital bugs : need corrections ASAP specially for real trading people. How long it will take you and Wack to "repair" it ?

- Minor bugs : Or people switch to mode 1 until a new version. Or they stay in mode 2 or 3 knowing that something is wrong...

Even with this bug P5607a is working very well for me... Then I stay with it.

You (and Wack) are captains of this boat.... I am sure you will choose (both) the righ option

See you

bertbin:

b/ Is it a capital bug or a minor bug ?

- Capital bugs : need corrections ASAP specially for real trading people. How long it will take you and Wack to "repair" it ?

- Minor bugs : Or people switch to mode 1 until a new version. Or they stay in mode 2 or 3 knowing that something is wrong...

Mode 2 and 3 is completely broken regarding stop loss movement but more quiet about the bugs. I will follow the Open Source Mantra: "Release Early, Release Often" so here comes 5.6.08. I'm only going to make 2 changes. The fix for modelevel*point listed above and making mode 1 the default trade method for people who aren't reading all of these posts. Mode 3 will be the best when it is debugged, but I don't want people debugging with real money.

squigglefunk:

I take your comments seriously, and it appears you have read the code. It is rather strange if you were expecting a straight procedure. It is segmented and modular and *we can* modify it. It isn't fragile, but the more complex your trading strategy, the more possibilities are introduced for bugs. We have ironed out a lot of bugs, and we are moving forward. If EA were simply designed to be popular, we are still doing pretty well. We haven't needed to change Phoenix in major ways to make it function reliably (and Firebird did/does).

Now I'm not after glamor or fad, I just want something that earns me money almost every week. Phoenix has that potential long term, not just this month, next month, or while everyone votes it most popular. I'm also glad that Hendrick isn't here, because the code that he gave to the community went to a bunch of sharks. I'm glad he doesn't have to put up with crap from users anymore. On the other hand, I'm also trying to show we aren't all sharks. Quite a bit goes on behind the scenes that you don't see, and quite frankly that is probably where it belongs.

Phoenix is here to stay, it will be stable, it will be strong, and you take it or leave it, use it or contribute to it. I've looked at a lot of EA in development. Some of them seem based on very sound trading, others do not. Hendrick was great at getting people excited, my personal skill is understanding systems of all kinds. So... why hasn't firebird taken first place in the competition?

a little feedback.

TF H1

EUR/USD

Backtest (backtest is backtest bla bla bla open a demo account and spend 100 years forward testing bla bla bla)

Phoenix mode 1

It seems that reversing entries for mode 1 could make it work.

Straight line down.

Phoenix mode 2

Profit small profit but at least some profit

Phoenix mode 3

Some profit, some nice profit.

And long straight lines going down.

It seems to work fine until trend knocks on the door...

Changelog

New Testing/Weekly Build released: 5.6.08

Thank you Wackena, Shinigami and Giapel for posting your errors.

Debugging mode 3 continues, and it is usable, but the default mode is now Mode 1.

Mode 2 and 3 are labeled "testing" and mode 1 is labeled "stable" inside the code.

Modified Mode 3 to have accurate SL levels. Used appropriate variable for sell values. Point based correction for STOPLEVEL fix.

Files:

Well Said !

Well said Daraknor !

We need positive people and hard work to make things append. We only need a well balance EA to make a lot of good to the group and many others. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer but, as a CRM expert (Customer Relationship Management) and experienced business man, I can certainly contribute my own way. When the time is right, let me know how I can help with the Phoenix Fund or any thing else.

Reason: