New EA - "Predator" - page 21

newdigital:
I just started to test.

If you ask for the ideas ...

I already have few ideas such as:

1. timefilter to trade at GMT night only (timefilter for martingale cycle). Same with Frank_mod EA for example https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178485/page5

2. some account protection options - same with Alpha EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum for example - see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page37

such as

AccountEquityPercentProtection = 90; // percent of the account Equity left to activate a hard stop loss on a set of trades. (it is related to our DD).

and after that

HoursToRestart = 96; // Hours need to restart after a Equity Stop Trigger. (if all the orders were closed by stop loss as AccountEquityPercentProtection so EA will start to trade once again after 96 hours).

and

PercentEquityTrailing =5; // Percent of profit to start the closure off all the orders.

and after that

HoursToRestart = 96; // Hours need to restart

For example (the numbers are the examples only):

- if balance is 1000 and equity 900 (10%) so all trades will be closed (in loss) and EA will not trade for some hours (or days).

- if balance is 1000 and equity is 1100 so all the trades will be closed (in profit) and EA will not trade for some hours (or days).

But to use this account protection options so it will be necessary to use same magic number for all the pairs ...

Or it may be different?

Because it is protection for whole account with many pairs ...

So, it should be done something with magic number for the EA to trade many with same magic number ...

Besides, it may be good if EA will type on the chart (on every chart/pairs) as maximum margins, maximum drawdown and so on - some usefull information for every pairs just to decide about minimum deposite size (but without global variables).

It is really necessary fotr improvements to have more safe version.

As you can see it was big losses for AUDUSD and USDCAD (stop loss may be).

I will continue testing (just to know which pairs is performing better) but we really need improvements for this EA.

And it is the statements by pairs (attached).

You may look at the statements in dollars as statements in pips will not the real situation to us because this Predator EA is martingale EA.

As we see (inside zip file attached) - it was stop loss for USDCAD.

Files:
predator_2.zip  82 kb

All those visual statement images for all 10 pairs are attached (in zip file) so you can estimat it by yourself as well.

I started to test with the pairs which is profitable right now:

-------------

The settings/timeframe which I am using for forward testing: this post.

Well.

I am testing this EA since 1st of August and we are having some results.

I estimated about which pairs are profitable since 1st of August and which one not.

Thus, we have the following.

Profitable:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDCHF

CHFJPY

For example:

Not profitable:

USDJPY

AUDUSD

USDCAD

EURGBP

NZDUSD

EURCHF - profitable with big drawdown from the beginning.

For example:

-------------

The settings/timeframe which I am using for forward testing: this post.

bluto:
Greetings. If you folks are still interested in Predator and running it, I'm developing a much more robust version with considerably safer features. Let me know. I didn't think anyone was really running it anymore. bluto

Hi. I am very interested in your EA too. I will thank you if you inform me about this new version.

Thank you, aaronrascon

I am making the statements for every pair separatedly from each other and waiting for bluto's new version as well.

I got stop loss for EURUSD and stopped testing this settings.

Waiting for improvements according to those ideas https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175515/page13

It can not be used without improvements.

back to live trading

hello everyone. last week i came back trading with my improoved predator ea- after more than 6 months of testings, and up until now it's fine. today it survived a serious crush test with the great down fall of the EURUSD at 8:00 owclock candle - a sudden 100 pips fall. it opened buy orders up until 1.28 and survived this unexpected movement.

i have one question though:

i set the orders to protect to 4, and profit protection to 5. it means that starting from the 6th trade it should take profit of 5 pips. but i saw on my history that the 1.28 trade took a full 128$ profit. can someone explain me what's wrong?

anyway i am very pleased from today experience. i think my ea showed to be prety robust.

Reason: