New EA - "Predator" - page 5

JanusTrading:
Like to post the last 3 days trading of this excellent EA.(account started monday 13th Nov. morning session with 50k USD equity)

Set up run on Jurik Turbo JRSX indicator, long and short trading allowed, run on Demo Alpari

Compare results:

1.Terminator with Jurik MACD on positive swap set this week 65% of Predator profit on a life IBFX account

2.Predator with Jurik Turbo MACD(optimized vs 1) on positive swap set(like in 1)

83% of Predator profit on a Demo Alpari account

Results affected positive by 2 manual closings during USD and GBP moves today.

Max.Drawdown on 50k account =4800USD

Account survived all ups and downs, widening spreads by Alpari, plus the rather unusual rollover policy.

So far this EA looks pretty robust.

Remember that this EA can NOT be traded with a small account.

Keep also in mind that setting max.trades lower, with account protection on and orders to protect to high, you will loose money on big trades.

This EA makes a big profit after your account equity tanks first, because of large position size.The selection of the currency pairs plays also an important role, how well the account performs during big moves.Take my setup as a test, it is not finetuned yet.

Janus

That's freegin astounding! Imagine making that kind of profit week after week, compounded into your capital.

Thanks for your diligence testing this Janus. I'd post my results too (which were decent) except I mucked around too much testing some new ideas and fouled up some of the cycles. I'll park this on a separate demo acct. next week and let it go. I've got some further optimizations on deck. After that, we need to address risk management which will be the beginning of the end for the core 10Point3 engine and the start of something new and beastly!

Terminator vs Predator

All i can contribute is my personal impression of following live and demo trading Terminator and now since 1 week testing Predator.

1.The biggest improvement so far are the Jurik indicators, no question

2.Whether one prefers the Turbo MACD or the "normal" Jurik MACD or uses the TRSX, they are all far better than any of the standard solutions for trade entry in Terminator

3,Most important, it appears, with all caution, that with the Jurik indicators, the risk to be on the wrong side of the trade is much lower.Simply because the entries are much more precise.

4.This could, and again only an impression of watching the trading so far, lower the overall account risk.

Not to be mistaken with the assumption, that one needs less equity to trade it.

But simply a fast build profit cushion makes one feel better.More trades and almost all on the right side.

Keep in mind that the positive swap direction trade setup in Terminator was brought up, because of bad quality trade entries, no matter whether one used I-Trend or standard MACD.

In Martingale setups the common theory is to withdraw all profits frequently.

While tempting to compound returns, it is not suggested.

One day like April in USD/JPY and your account is gone, if not really strong nerves and pockets to survive.

Janus

Thanks bluto for your work on this ea. I am confused over what happens when this ea (and terminator) reaches max trades. If I have max trades set at 9 does ea close all positions when next trade (at 10) is reached? Or do these ea not have any final stop mechanism?

gpw797:
Thanks bluto for your work on this ea. I am confused over what happens when this ea (and terminator) reaches max trades. If I have max trades set at 9 does ea close all positions when next trade (at 10) is reached? Or do these ea not have any final stop mechanism?

Yes, there's a stop mechanism as long as you've set the initial stop. Take a look at pg. 18 of the main 10Point3 thread for a discussion of the recently added dynamic stop feature within the engine. If you've reached maxtrades and the trend is still going against you, it can be a terrifying thing if you don't have the capital to withstand the drawdown while you wait for a retracement or a later trend reversal. You can leave the stop @ 0 and you'll just hang there with a bunch of negative trades while you await the flip, or the dynamic stop will kick in if you've set it and close your trades for a loss. In any event, once you've reached maxtrades, the EA will not open any additional positions. In most cases, the trend cycle will come back around and the final trade(s) will exit you with enough profit to cover the smaller losing trades in the sequence. The magnitude of the capital hit could be significant depending on your lot sizes, pip interval, takeprofit, etc. settings. Be prepared to hunker down and weather the storm when this happens. In fact, if you trade with this EA, I can guarantee it's just a matter of time as to "when" it will happen. I had a terrible drawdown in early September when GBPUSD just kept going south without a breather. It eventually rebounded my way.

JanusTrading test

Impressive results !

Could you post your set file ?

Thanks

Wishlist

Before coming to my settings which i will repost here is my wishlist of features for Predator:

1.Active money management

Example with Account protection ON:

From time to time Predator takes a larger position, than all depends on your settings of max.trades -orderstoprotect-takeprofit-pipsteps and most important -secure profit-.

In my live account i use:

take profit: 35

max.trades: 8

orderstoprotect: 1

secure profit: 22-25(depending on pair)

pipsteps: 20

Now what happens:

After the 7th order the account protection is activated.This means that the whole position will be closed at your set "secure profit" point,instead of the "take profit".In my case 22 in most pairs.

This will give you the 7th order with 22 points profit, the 6th order with 2 points profit and all others with a loss.The grand total is positive.

On the 8th order, we just normally break even, should the account protection kick in.

Reasoning for my settings:

If i trade positive swap, cross currency pairs, and i need more than 8 orders to exit, i want to control my trading after the 8th order manually.

This is just me!

Here is what i wish:

In order to decrease margin, with OTP on 1, i like to see the EA only to close the LAST 2 open trades, which are the biggest positions, but the onlky 2 with profit.Leave all others open, which are with a loss!

Should the market tank again, reopen a position, in equal size to 2x existing position size open and exit again like before.

After Taken profit>Open loss by X, i want to close ALL positions on the next exit!

Here is the trade:

Total size of trade 7+8= 19.2, total size of rest open trades 6.3...............close 19.2 with good profit, but on the next 20 pipstep reoopen order of 12.6 lots(2x 6.3).

As you can easily see, we have locked in already a good profit and only need 2/3 of the closed position to be reopened, which decreases the risk enourmously, gets you most likely out the next trade and reduces margin. Please note that the next exit gets you out of 12.3 and 3.2 lotsize,or even better , out of the whole position!

If we can NOT exit, at least we are "stuck" with a smaller total position and an already locked in profit!

2.Addition:

Once this mecanism kicks in, i want NEW orders in other FX crosses to be only HALF of the initial lot size, until exit of the BIG trade is achieved.

Than we can go back to normal.

This would allow an EA with active money and position management.

Than this tradesetup will allow to trade with less equity higher initial lot size and this in turn will enhence overall performance and take some of the "account blow up risk" away.

So far, not me, nor any other "coder", even for money, was able to programm this into Terminator/Predator...............lol

Reason: No code programmable in Meta language for this.

Now my settings in the Metatrader Test:

TP: 35

Pips: 20

TP: 22

OTP: 0

AP: 0

This does not help anybody for real trading! It is a test how long, and if at all, this great EA survives a 50k account!

Janus

Update

Using same settings as Janus but w/ TP at 30.

Please take note; only look at results from the number 12 on graph, and from trade number 377187.

Yes I know that with my settings I will get burned using the currencies that I'm using. I will run like this for another week and start tweaking and shuffling pairs. Thx, Kevin

Files:

Statement

What would be interesting is to post a statement on your trading, specially the 5500USD "loss" , since Predator has no set stoploss and therefore no trades should close, unless the default settings are changed or a margin call issued.

If the default SP+OTP settings are not setup properly, than of course one could get losses, since pipstep>SP after X trades, which will close trades with a loss.

Please clarify.............

Janus

aghenry1:
In looking at the Jurik indicators I was wondering what constitutes when the signal is taken. For example on the JMACD is it the zero cross of the historgram bars, the bars above/below the MA; and on the JRSX is it the break above/below the 70-30 boudaries and if those boundaries are changed does the EA incorporate those changes ex. 80-20? FYI- this is my first experimentation with Predator and yesterday was unbelievable from Sunday evening to Monday morning (6 am ET USA) $5500 loss and by 4:30 Monday a complete reversal with $5600 profit and no negative closed trades and only about $50 float negative out of $100 on 7 pair. About $26K margined on $50. Quite resilient.

JMACD Signal: If the previous histogram bar is less than the current histogram bar, the trend state is up and you are in buy mode the next time and order request is fired. If the previous histogram bar is greater than the current histogram bar, the trend state is down and you are in sell mode the next time and order request is fired.

JRSX Signal: If the RSX value for the previous bar is less than the RSX value for the current bar, RSX is rising & the trend state is up...you are in buy mode the next time and order request is fired. If the RSX value for the previous bar is greater than the RSX value for the current bar, RSX is declining & the trend state is down...you are in sell mode the next time and order request is fired.

Insanely simple but bodaceously effective. The power is in how reactive the indicators are to price direction changes and oscillations.

Hi aghenry, Were your losses actual losses or were you referring to positions that were in the -negative when you were looking at your mt4 platform? Sunday afternoon I opened a $3,000 demo account and started testing and the largest in Total open positions in the negative have been -$225. Just my personal preference but when I am testing I always use a demo account that is reflective of the same amount of money that I would also use if I were to decide to go live with a specific EA on a live account. cheers, Goldensight

aghenry1:
In looking at the Jurik indicators I was wondering what constitutes when the signal is taken. For example on the JMACD is it the zero cross of the historgram bars, the bars above/below the MA; and on the JRSX is it the break above/below the 70-30 boudaries and if those boundaries are changed does the EA incorporate those changes ex. 80-20? FYI- this is my first experimentation with Predator and yesterday was unbelievable from Sunday evening to Monday morning (6 am ET USA) $5500 loss and by 4:30 Monday a complete reversal with $5600 profit and no negative closed trades and only about $50 float negative out of $100 on 7 pair. About $26K margined on $50. Quite resilient.
Reason: