New EA - "Predator" - page 4

Swap ........

IBFX has added a new daily swap rate information on their webpage.

Might want to check that out.

http://www.interbankfx.com/swap_rates.php

Project 123 brought up the positive swap idea in the Terminator thread, but this was clearly a solution for "catching the wrong trade direction" in the first place.

This can not substitude better entry indicators.

Idea was, if wrong, better get paid.

I am very interested to see Blutos Jurik indicators perform over a few weeks.

As i stated before, so far results speak for themselves.

Janus

If you dont know your brokers Swap rate do this:

swap rates are listed in your platform. You can view them like this:

1 right click on the market watch (on top of the price quotes)

2 select Symbols

3 a new window will open, select the pair for which you wish to view the swap rate and click on the button “Properties”

4 You can now see the swap long and swap short rate expressed in pips or amount.

Todays results 11/15/06

Another pretty good day for Predator.

Note that the large 6.4 lot GBP/USD trade was closed with a small loss, due to the OTP setting of 3(10-3=7).

Right now for further testing i have switched account protection off!(I have it off in my live account, but this is NOT recommended at all and only due to the much lower leverage i use)

Results should improve, so will risk.

Lets see, how that EA trades the next few days and whether the account will get a margin call or blow up.

I am using a 50k account which would be not at all suggested in live trading.

Given the risk with this Martingale EA the absolut minimum!!!! account equity would be instead:

200k USD plus 15% safety margin on 10 pairs max.margin=350 000USD

If you size it down, that means:

35 000USD trades Predator on a 0.1 lot in a mini account(0.01 lot in a standard account)

3500 USD in a mini account trading 0.01 lot size

In real trading i personally double or triple these figures .

If we were to find a setup on indicators for Predator, which allows more trades, but with less average ins(hitting the direction well initially), than the current high margin safety net could be lowered considerably.This indeed would increase the actual return on equity.

I think that this is the whole crux right now with all Terminator and Predator setup.One has to plan for day X, where the system takes the full position.If that risk can be managed better than as it stands right now, than the real goal is achieved.

Janus

Files:

Okay Ztrader and Janus

JanusTrading:
Kjenkins,

i will try to go a bit further into detail on the indicators:

Terminator gives 5 options to choose from, based on which indicator signal trade entry is determined.

Developer Tom uses i-trend(default=5) and others(mr.trader) use MACD.

Additionally almost all results show, that trading Terminator only in 1 direction(long OR short, but not both) on selected currency pairs ONLY in positive swap direction gives the safety net to trade it.

Bluto has added the Jurik MACD to Terminator, which is much more responsive and precise than the standard MACD. This has so far increased trade results by a few digits on performance

Terminator live account(i-Trend) up 1.9% vs Terminator Demo with Jurik MACD 2.16%. since last sunday.

Predator is designed with additional , custom added fine tuning by Bluto, to allow Predator not only to trade safe in BOTH direction, but also overcome certain "wrong" direction decisions or "missed" trades on the Terminator setup.

In theory and so far also in Demo trading, Predator is up 5% on equal levarage since Sunday night as i write.

A case can be made so far, that trade entry quality and frequency is far superior on Predator with Jurik Turbo JRSX.

For further info of "what is Jurik" please visit Marc Juriks webpage

http://www.jurikres.com/

to understand the "no lag" edge, Jurik indicators have.

Hope that clears up some questions.

Janus

Ztrader, so I can only attach one option indie like JRSX to a chart at a time?

If I attached more than one, then the EA would become confused (or actually take a trade on the first indicator that met criteria) is that right?

Janus,

I thank you for your response and I understand all of what you said being that it was condensed from the beginning of the thread. I tried so hard to pose my question right but just didn't do very well. Basically I need to know that in order for the indi to work with the EA it HAS to be attached to the chart? I'm running 8 EAs including Terminator and Terminator was the first that required indicators but I never attached the indicators to the chart. It's working great in both directions (I'm not uni-directional yet) on 8 currencies and I just assumed that the expert pulls the indicator information when needed.

Yes I did read the 'readme' file but it left too many things to be assumed by the more knowledgeable. This EA has frustrated me much more than the others and I really want to get it right first then make adjustments. Still looking for help. Thanks to you all, Kevin

kjenkins:
Ztrader, so I can only attach one option indie like JRSX to a chart at a time?

If I attached more than one, then the EA would become confused (or actually take a trade on the first indicator that met criteria) is that right?

Janus,

I thank you for your response and I understand all of what you said being that it was condensed from the beginning of the thread. I tried so hard to pose my question right but just didn't do very well. Basically I need to know that in order for the indi to work with the EA it HAS to be attached to the chart? I'm running 8 EAs including Terminator and Terminator was the first that required indicators but I never attached the indicators to the chart. It's working great in both directions (I'm not uni-directional yet) on 8 currencies and I just assumed that the expert pulls the indicator information when needed.

Yes I did read the 'readme' file but it left too many things to be assumed by the more knowledgeable. This EA has frustrated me much more than the others and I really want to get it right first then make adjustments. Still looking for help. Thanks to you all, Kevin

kjenkins -

You are absolutely correct in that the readme left a lot to be assumed as far as settings go. I did however mention that this EA was cast from the same mold as 10Point3 and Terminator; if you've used those EA's, there's absolutely nothing new to learn with Predator. I also assumed that most everyone here has probably dabbled with the ubiquitous 10Point3. I'm not sure where your frustration is, but the basic settings are the usual - Pips, Stoploss, Trailing Stop, etc. The only thing that really needed some explaining was what made this hybrid different from the rest and I did a fairly extensive job discussing that here, in the code and in the readme. Part of the fun with these things is setting up those demo accounts and playing with different settings.

As for me, I use H1 charts because they work for me and there's less jitter. I also discovered that setting Maxtrades to 5, Lots to .1, Pips to 8 and Takeprofit to 10 causes this thing to get in a lot of quick cycles with small but numerous profits that add up at the end of the day. Others probably use something else.....results will vary.

Where this EA shines and what separates it from the rest of the herd of 10Point3 knock-offs is the quality of the indicator options for keeping you in the right side of the trade. So far, I've found RSX to be the best, closely followed by MACD. Both of these use Jurik MA's instead of the standard stuff.

You don't need to attach the indicators to your chart to make the EA work unless you actually want to look at them...the EA will reference them on disk at runtime and load them into memory. Also, you can attach multiple indicator windows to your chart...I keep JRSX, JMACD, JMA's, & Pivots on all of my charts.

You cleared it up!

Bluto thanks,

Yes I knew that's why the 'readme' was like it was, due to the Terminator being essentially the same and all..no problem. And I really thought I didn't have to attach the indi's for the EA to work. That would have been a first. Somehow I was confused by something I read or more-so by the way I was reading it.

Now, when you state that the RSX has been performing well, how are you able to distinguish it's affect over another? Like Janus for example likes the performance of the JRSX. Well if all the indis are there (cause I loaded them all), then how do you tell which is causing the EA to be the most productive? This is the mystery to me.

BTW, I run another EA on GbpJpy alone and have small T/P and step settings as well and it performs so well. So yes I like that too. Thanks Guys for all you do , Kevin

kjenkins:

Now, when you state that the RSX has been performing well, how are you able to distinguish it's affect over another? Like Janus for example likes the performance of the JRSX. Well if all the indis are there (cause I loaded them all), then how do you tell which is causing the EA to be the most productive? This is the mystery to me.

Kevin,

Predator (and Terminator) extend 10Point3 by offering more than one method to determine trend while the EA is running, but only one method can be set at a time. You control this with the OpenOrdersBasedOn setting (0-4). As the readme indicates, JMACD is option 0, JRSX is option 1, etc.

To experiment with each of these modes to see what performs best, you need to setup several demo accounts, copy the EA and indicators to all of the accounts, and then set the EA OpenOrdersBasedOn parameter for each account accordingly. This is how we can watch the EA running concurrently in separate demo accounts to see which mode yields the best performance.

Perfect

bluto:
Kevin,

Predator (and Terminator) extend 10Point3 by offering more than one method to determine trend while the EA is running, but only one method can be set at a time. You control this with the OpenOrdersBasedOn setting (0-4). As the readme indicates, JMACD is option 0, JRSX is option 1, etc.

To experiment with each of these modes to see what performs best, you need to setup several demo accounts, copy the EA and indicators to all of the accounts, and then set the EA OpenOrdersBasedOn parameter for each account accordingly. This is how we can watch the EA running concurrently in separate demo accounts to see which mode yields the best performance.

AHHHAAAA!!! Now I've got it. That's what I was getting at!! Man this skull is thick! That's what I missed in that file. Thank you so much. You guys are great! Ttyl, Kevin

It's great to see this effort being made to determine the effect of starting indicators on this system, and to find which ones work best. My own research is focused on the basic trading engine (derived from 10points3) with no indicators at all for initial entry. I believe this may ultimately be more profitable. I'll be watching this thread, though, to see how the results of indicator-driven models stack up against the purely price-movement driven models I'm running.

Predator the first week

Like to post the last 3 days trading of this excellent EA.(account started monday 13th Nov. morning session with 50k USD equity)

Set up run on Jurik Turbo JRSX indicator, long and short trading allowed, run on Demo Alpari

Compare results:

1.Terminator with Jurik MACD on positive swap set this week 65% of Predator profit on a life IBFX account

2.Predator with Jurik Turbo MACD(optimized vs 1) on positive swap set(like in 1)

83% of Predator profit on a Demo Alpari account

Results affected positive by 2 manual closings during USD and GBP moves today.

Max.Drawdown on 50k account =4800USD

Account survived all ups and downs, widening spreads by Alpari, plus the rather unusual rollover policy.

So far this EA looks pretty robust.

Remember that this EA can NOT be traded with a small account.

Keep also in mind that setting max.trades lower, with account protection on and orders to protect to high, you will loose money on big trades.

This EA makes a big profit after your account equity tanks first, because of large position size.The selection of the currency pairs plays also an important role, how well the account performs during big moves.Take my setup as a test, it is not finetuned yet.

Janus

Files:
statement_2.htm  91 kb
Reason: