New EA - "Predator" - page 2

JanusTrading:
From the Demo trading so far here are my observations:

Currently Terminator is trading most pairs only in one direction.

With the new Jurik indicators it appears that Predator trading in both directions(i have default settings with Jurik Turbo JRSX) seems to catch the trend very good.

Terminator is preferably traded into direction of positive swaps.(single direction)

Therefore you see more trades and less drawdown in Predator so far.

A demo account at Alpari started yesterday is already up by 4% on more than the suggested pairs and i included GBP/JPY to test the performance.

Further it appears that the overall currency pair mix might have a very positive effect on the equity needed in the account to safely trade this Martingale EA.

I will post statements end of this week.

Take this with impressions of 1.5 days.

I am trading Terminator for a few month now in an IBFX live account with a very low leverage, but very nice results on the same pairs Tom reports his trades on.

So far way to early to make an assesment, but it looks very promising.

Thanks Bluto for your great effort and sharing this EA.

I guess all settings are default on H1 ?

Do you use 0.1 or 0.01 lots ?

Thank you JanusTrading.

Settings

I am using the Terminator settings for Predator, but i am experimenting on the:

TP: 35-40 depending on pair

OTP: 3 or 1 depending on pair

Pips:20

SP: 22

H1 timeframe with 0.1 settings

so far works fine.

Forgot to mention that i also set up Terminator 2.02 Demo with Jurik MACD.

This works fine so far with the "single" direction setting of Terminator, but not so good with both directions.

Seems that obviously Jurik MACD is better than standard MACD, but still i-trend looks pretty good(i- trend keeps you out of "bad"(wrong direction at first trades), but also out of a lot of good trades with quick profits.

I have replaced i-trend on USD/CAD in my live account with Jurik MACD and allow both directions.This worked with 4 nice profits during todays volatility.

(2 long+2 shorts)

Both setups worked very well during todays movement.

More to follow after more tests.

tomstaufer:
Hi bluto,

Thanks for your effort and sharing this EA.

Can you tell from your tests so far how much better is the performance compared to Terminator ?

So far, the MACD & RSI options in Predator are performing better because they signal earlier, sometimes by as much as 2-3 bars. I won't have any comparisons for those trading positive swap because I take the trades whichever way they go. The Crossover option is also performing nicely...I've zeroed it down to FastMA=7;Phase=-100 & SlowMA=40;Phase=0 that seems to grab the trades nicely. Put two of the Turbo_JMA indicators on your chart with those settings and watch'em go! I use the same Pivots as in Terminator, so that should be equal. So far, Super Support-Resistance7 sucks (no action). Overall, the MACD option has the edge.

The news days this week are kicking the asses off of a lot of EA's, so something I tried with Predator was limiting Max Trades to 5 and Pips to a small number in the range of 5-8; this EA seems to respond better and capture more profit instead of getting into the typical huge deadly drawdowns from Fast-Bars where you run up to the Max Trades. Still playing with it though.

I'm working on overhauling the entire order processor to make it more risk friendly.

JanusTrading:
I am using the Terminator settings for Predator, but i am experimenting on the:

TP: 35-40 depending on pair

OTP: 3 or 1 depending on pair

Pips:20

SP: 22

H1 timeframe with 0.1 settings

so far works fine.

Forgot to mention that i also set up Terminator 2.02 Demo with Jurik MACD.

This works fine so far with the "single" direction setting of Terminator, but not so good with both directions.

Seems that obviously Jurik MACD is better than standard MACD, but still i-trend looks pretty good(i- trend keeps you out of "bad"(wrong direction at first trades), but also out of a lot of good trades with quick profits.

I have replaced i-trend on USD/CAD in my live account with Jurik MACD and allow both directions.This worked with 4 nice profits during todays volatility.

(2 long+2 shorts)

Both setups worked very well during todays movement.

More to follow after more tests.

Some nice feedback results there. Perhaps we'll find a better hybrid out of testing both Predator & Terminator. Those Jurik based indicators are sweet!

Suggestion

Bluto,

since you provided this great EA!

Could you just post the EA in its "changed" versions for all the settings you use/test.

Already in the Terminator thread, one had to read 25 posts, just to find out each bit and piece.

I am very willing to test, but in Terminator, everybody was basing the test on a different setting.

With a combined effort, i believe we can all make a great EA(Terminator) an outstanding EA(Predator).

I know that playing with Juriks stuff is very sensible and might change results.

Right now, my choosen option of the Jurik Turbo JRSX has closed the GBP/JPY trade and added another 2% in equity to the account(up 6.3% as i write)

During my personal Demo tests of Terminator, i found it very helpful to include "cable" and "mad dog" in the tests, just to see the EA performance.If an EA survives these pairs, it looks pretty robust to me!

Janus

JanusTrading:
Bluto,

since you provided this great EA!

Could you just post the EA in its "changed" versions for all the settings you use/test.

Already in the Terminator thread, one had to read 25 posts, just to find out each bit and piece.

I am very willing to test, but in Terminator, everybody was basing the test on a different setting.

With a combined effort, i believe we can all make a great EA(Terminator) an outstanding EA(Predator).

I know that playing with Juriks stuff is very sensible and might change results.

Right now, my choosen option of the Jurik Turbo JRSX has closed the GBP/JPY trade and added another 2% in equity to the account(up 6.3% as i write)

During my personal Demo tests of Terminator, i found it very helpful to include "cable" and "mad dog" in the tests, just to see the EA performance.If an EA survives these pairs, it looks pretty robust to me!

Janus

You betcha! Let me get my thoughts together on this and I'll PM you later. I also have some suggested settings for pairs based on a Zig-Zag analysis program I ran against the data across different timeframes.

Todays results

Wanted to post trading results so far.

Looks to me very promising, also passed the boilertest on GBP/USD and GBP/JPY.

Week not over yet, but from my experience with Terminator, this EA has an edge to trade both directions.

Max. Drawdown was a little over 5% with margin use of a little over 25% during peak trading positions.

For my settings see earlier post.

Janus

Files:

JanusTrading:
Wanted to post trading results so far.

Looks to me very promising, also passed the boilertest on GBP/USD and GBP/JPY.

Week not over yet, but from my experience with Terminator, this EA has an edge to trade both directions.

Max. Drawdown was a little over 5% with margin use of a little over 25% during peak trading positions.

For my settings see earlier post.

Janus

Up 8.29% in 2 trading days. That's astronomical!

And with 2 news days in there too...OMG.

Comments

Here are some comments on Terminator and Predator from Live and Demo Trading:

Terminator with i-Trend:

- I use Terminator with i-Trend only in positive swap direction

Unlike Tom, i excluded EUR/AUD(S) and GBP/CHF(L) from Live trading due to high spreads and erratic quotes at IBFX.

Added instead NZD/JPY(L).

Results are pretty much the same as posted in the Terminator thread, but keep in mind that the original lotsize of 0.1 in a standard account with a 1:200 leverage is NOT realistic tradable, since at these account sizes almost all "retail" brokers use 1:100.

Further keep in mind, that even on mini accounts brokers might call for extra equity, should you ever have to "go full size"= 51.2 lots, even on a 1:200 offered leverage, due to the large single position risk.

The i-trend indicator catches direction and entries fairly well, but still misses a lot of trades.Additionally you restrict the trade direction, which from time to time "forces" entries immeadiatly after the closing of 1 position with profit, into the next position.This can lead to additional trades in the "wrong" direction.

Terminator with Jurik MACD:

Trading on a real money IBFX account on USD/CAD with much better results than i-trend. More agile catches this indicator the trend much better.

I am running a Demo on all my pairs to see how Jurik MACD performs in the "original" Terminator model(L or S only settings)

Predator with Jurik Turbo JRSX:

Really amazing results and trading so far. Catches in a lot of trades the correct direction and performs very agile on the entry.Specially the waiting time of i-trend(no condition to open trades) and the frustrating "no trade" observation, even on a nice move is simply not there.

Due to the L+S setting, Predator produces more trades and closes them quicker.This is the main reason for the 8%+ profit in a little over 30hours.

Risk seems fairly well under control with the settings i use, due to fast changes of trade direction( remember.......i-trend and standard MACD might keep you out of trades for a long time with no chance to offset certain FX pairs and their moves, if in the first place on the wrong side of trend.

General comment:

I use in live trading a much higher equity than i.E. Tom uses in his demo account.If one is not paying attention on the "underleverage" Terminator and also Predator will "kill" your account on one single trade.

Changing TP or Pipsteps further apart is NOT the solution, since the current logic will not recognice these moves and leaves you on the 6th or 7th trade with a loss for sure.

My setup is Maximum margin necessary per pair(10 trades) +15% safety on top.

With that returns will not be as posted in the terminator thread, due to the higher equity , but will keep you peace of mind during unobserved trading.

Further any manual profit taking due to fear/greed will falsify your results and might keep you out of a good profit trade and force the EA to get you back into position exactly at the wrong time.

Just let it trade!The EA will do its job.

Looking forward to see more testing and finetuning of the indicators.

Lets also keep in mind that we need a little "getting the trend wrong", because profits will increase the larger the total trade size is.

Janus

Reason: