HedgeEA - page 26

Heres 5.9

I just started using 5.9 and now successfuly makes trades on gbp/jpy-gbp/usd.

I am using the default 1/1.8 setting cause I wouldn't know how to calculate what it should be for gbp/usd.

I let it take trade now but not great time for entry as gbp/jpy is at a peak and gbp/usd is in a dip. But last time I let it take an inopertune trade it eventually panned out with nice intrest. Now both pairs are going to give me positive intrest rate.

Dave

edit...added forward test results from first version of hedge. Current positions are from today V5.9

Files:
hedge_ea.gif  6 kb
hedge_ea.htm  17 kb

xxDavidxSxx

Does that mean you just open one chart and put the EA on one of the pairs, and specify the correlation pairs of gbp/jpy - gbp/usd? What TF did you use? And are you using the BB version?

I am trying to test the default pair, but it seems not to be triggering anything for over 24 HRS. I have the smiley face, and allow autotrade....

et_phonehome_2:
xxDavidxSxx

Does that mean you just open one chart and put the EA on one of the pairs, and specify the correlation pairs of gbp/jpy - gbp/usd? What TF did you use? And are you using the BB version?

I am trying to test the default pair, but it seems not to be triggering anything for over 24 HRS. I have the smiley face, and allow autotrade....

I put it on gbp/jpy chart only.

correlation=false

bollinger=false

Right now just want to test the holding and exiting of positions. I'll test the correlation, and bollinger entrys next. But I trade for a living and prefer to use my own analysis for entry.

4hr chart, when both pairs price drops below the middle bolli band is good time to enter.

But so far in testing I have let it make trades at poor entrys near top bolli band, and it still makes profit, just takes longer to reach it. That way I can see how much margine it might use in worst case scenario.

I've had 5.9 running on GBPJPY for quite a while now with no trades entered. H1 default.

hey

anyone know how to manually calculate the lot size base on the ratio cause i have money managment disable

easy thing !

sprintpcic:
hey anyone know how to manually calculate the lot size base on the ratio cause i have money managment disable

All you have to do in (in the Common Tab of the EA) is to choose ask manual confirmation and do money management.

then u will see the ratio choosed by the EA.

After that u can follow the ratio or no

cgldsmth:
I've had 5.9 running on GBPJPY for quite a while now with no trades entered. H1 default.

If you are using BB filter you have to wait until the price is below bb midlle line.

I belive that by now it had entered the trades, no?

One request for Kokas

kokas:
If you are using BB filter you have to wait until the price is below bb midlle line. I belive that by now it had entered the trades, no?

Hello,

i am using your Hedge EA 5.9 with lower BB but with bid price (the one which is in your forum).

My trades are carry trades so usually i don't buy to sell quickly : i patiently wait the swaps to increase.

But i like your idea of lower BB so i would like that your EA can do one trade (i have 0.1 long GBPJPY and 0.2 short CHFGBP) when the time is ok (lower band) and wait to an other "good time" to open other trades.

Of course the EA must have some maxtrades to avoid to take too much trades and having marging call.

Thanks in advance.

I really like your EA.

I too am getting the following message during some trading periods (but not all):

Invalid price for OrderSend

I have all three charts open (GBPJPY, CHFJPY, and GBPCHF). Any idea as to what is causing this?

Thanks.

Doug

PS. The version 7 of the EA works great. I booked about $50-100 per day since starting it around last Wednesday. As of Friday, it has a floating loss of around $200, but I'll keep that open. Any idea why the V9 doesn't work? Lot's of people seem to have it running, but no trades. I just get a steady stream of "Invalid Price for OrderSend". ......

During the next week I will relauch the online tests on this version.

Soon I will be back to you with some information.

Please join us on http://www.forexforums.org for the development of the EA

Many thanks

Reason: