HedgeEA - page 20

Just wanted to let you all know that I've worked on the analysis of the behavior...but I'm not sure it is correct. I haven't had time to revisit it yet, and I think I might build it another way. Basically I'm considering just simulating the system on Excel.

However, I've also thought of another way to analyze the fluctuation which would also help....ugh!!

If anyone wants to know what I have in mind and then run with it yourselves, then let me know and I'll tell you.

So much to do, so little time. Sometimes I wish I could split myself in two or three.

BW

frame

Greetings to all. An interesting theme. On what frame it is necessary to use it ЕА?

Thanks.

If you do not use correlation and bollinger bands you can run it on any time frame. If you use it, it is better run on M30 or 1H I think.

Thanks

NZDUSD hedge with USDJPY

Hey everyone

I am new to this message board and this kinda strategy. I was wondering if you can hegde with this strategy using these two pairs NZDUSD (long) and USDJPY (short) don't know how many lots. Can it be done?

bwilhite:

If anyone wants to know what I have in mind and then run with it yourselves, then let me know and I'll tell you.

BW

whatcha have in mind b

sprintpcic:
Hey everyone I am new to this message board and this kinda strategy. I was wondering if you can hegde with this strategy using these two pairs NZDUSD (long) and USDJPY (short) don't know how many lots. Can it be done?

You can use this EA for all pairs as long as they are correlated. You can check the correlation of the pairs here:

http://www.mataf.net

as long as they are high correlation coeficient (above 80%) positive or negative, you can use it.

lowphat:
whatcha have in mind b

I'll put it on my agenda this week to post what I've got in mind. Basically, we need to model the system in Excel...so a starting point would be to get the data. Just download the data for the pairs you want to examine into excel...you can put them all on one page or on three separate pages. Then you'll want to make sure that the data lines up correctly according to date/time columns. Occasionally they do not. I do this by comparing one set of data at a time. In a separate column write this excel function =if([cell showing date of first data set]=[cell showing date of second data set],1,0). So it might look like this =if(a3=f3,1,0). Then copy the function down so that it does this for every pair of cells in the data set. When you find a 0, you've uncovered a discrepency. Fix as appropriate. Once you've compared cross-rate #1 to #2, then compare #3 to either of these. This is for end-of-day. If you are looking at a shorter time frame, then you will have to compare both the date and the time with the excel AND() function. Once you've cleaned up all of the data, then you can get rid of the comparison function if you want.

I've built many many spreadsheets to simulate systems over the last 18 mo. so I've gotten pretty good at it. This is always the first step...more to follow.

BW

I entered the trades on November 06, 2006 GBPJPY (0.5) and CHFJPY (0.9).

The results: GBPJPY profit -198 / CHFJPY profit -785

GBPJPY swap 33.28 / CHFJPY swap 15.77

Will the profit be ever positive?

hi ya it should be - swap on the chf?? long gbpjpy short chfjpy??

if its the right way hedged yup it will swing back into positive!! just a matter of time

I entered the trades at Neuimex Trading Terminal (demo) on November 06, 2006

buy GBPJPY (0.5 lots) and sell CHFJPY (0.9 lots).

My stat now: GBPJPY profit -130.51 and swap +35.88

CHFJPY profit -632.84 and swap +16.90

Reason: