HedgeEA - page 22

I read some posts from this thread and realised that some even do not understand what they are doing.

For example hellkas wrote that he is using EurUsd Long UsdChf Short.

The pairs EURUSD and USDCHF are moving in opposite directions. So if you want to reduce risk you must sell or buy both currency pairs, but not EURUSD long and USDCHF short.

Also be aware if you take for example EURUSD and USDCHF. And you have bought 100 000 EURUSD and 130 000 USDCHF then this is the same as if you have bought 100 000 EURCHF. So you must choose another proportion otherwise it is better just speculate on EURCHF.

The calculations:

1) Long 100 000 EURUSD means you have bought 100 000 EUR and sold 130 000 USD.

2) Long 130 000 USDCHF means you have bought 130 000 USD and sold aprox. 155 000 CHF

In overall you have bought EUR 100 000, sold 155 000 CHF, sold and bought 130 000 USD.

3) If you have long 100 000 EURCHF you have bought 100 000 EURC and sold aprox. 155 000 CHF. So the result is the same as above.

nezinu:
I read some posts from this thread and realised that some even do not understand what they are doing.

For example hellkas wrote that he is using EurUsd Long UsdChf Short.

The pairs EURUSD and USDCHF are moving in opposite directions. So if you want to reduce risk you must sell or buy both currency pairs, but not EURUSD long and USDCHF short.

Also be aware if you take for example EURUSD and USDCHF. And you have bought 100 000 EURUSD and 130 000 USDCHF then this is the same as if you have bought 100 000 EURCHF. So you must choose another proportion otherwise it is better just speculate on EURCHF.

The calculations:

1) Long 100 000 EURUSD means you have bought 100 000 EUR and sold 130 000 USD.

2) Long 130 000 USDCHF means you have bought 130 000 USD and sold aprox. 155 000 CHF

In overall you have bought EUR 100 000, sold 155 000 CHF, sold and bought 130 000 USD.

3) If you have long 100 000 EURCHF you have bought 100 000 EURC and sold aprox. 155 000 CHF. So the result is the same as above.

People never seem content on just trading one pair. They want to run an ea on several pairs. (greed) <----big down fall of failed traders.

If you buy euro$, and price moves against to for a few weeks, then the swap is going to be against you and make it harder to reach profits.

Just like how some people say "why cann't we sell gbp/jpy and buy chf/jpy"

People need to understand that collecting positive intrest while waiting is one of the main ideas this ea and stradigy is based on.

why not this, why not that, change this , change that......here's an idea....why not just run it as it is intended to be ran on the pairs its intended to be ran on, and see what kind of results are produced befor making changes. WOW what a concept!!!

Dave

Hedge Indicator

I'm very interested in this strategy, this is similar to the one that FreedomRocks promotes. http://www.freedomrocks.com/23596

I've attached a preliminary indicator for their system that I wrote, let me know what you think. I thought about a spreadsheet or a database to compare currencies since backtesting can only use one at a time, but this indicator seemed useful. They only buy the EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, & USDJPY. it doesn't matter what currency or time frame you attach this to. It displays a histogram of the differences of the currencies you've entered. It displays profit/loss based on currencies values and lots you enter. It also displays a yellow line for the swap (multiplied by -1), so when the histogram is above the yellow line, you're in profit. All numerical values are in dollars. I also put a Simple MA on the chart, but don't know if it's useful. I've also written an EA to do a "Cash Grab" when your account is in profit by a percent of your total account. I'm trying to figure out the best time to get into a trade, I can look at the histogram and see when it's at a low point, but that's pretty visual. Any suggestions would be helpful. The indicator may still have some bugs.

Sorry for being so wordy.

Files:

Kokas - thx for the new version. the old one seemed to start placing trades only one of the pairs which was strange.

Is v5.9 for H4 TF? and I presume bollinger band doesn't need to be applied to the chart?

Help Needed

I am also testing this with demo and live accounts and doing Ok. This EA is really getting Great.

Something I am working on though. I could use your help. I am trying to put together a great Stoploss EA, which I have finally gotten to work (see other post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175680 )

I have put it all together from other stoplosses I have come across in this forum, but now the new feature I'd like to add is a TakeProfit function such as in the Hedge EA.

I need a simple way to get current open trades profit and then close all trades to collect the profit if target is reached. I think this should be easy to do but I am not much of a programmer and a bit lost with this.

cgldsmth:
Kokas - thx for the new version. the old one seemed to start placing trades only one of the pairs which was strange. Is v5.9 for H4 TF? and I presume bollinger band doesn't need to be applied to the chart?

Hi,

well, this is not a final version as you all know. I'm going to write again, because there are some things I wish the EA to do. Regarding TF, this is only important if you use Bollinger and / or correlation to enter the trades. And once again I believe that with higher TF we get much better results, but less precision. I think H1 is good.

sbwent:
I am also testing this with demo and live accounts and doing Ok. This EA is really getting Great.

Something I am working on though. I could use your help. I am trying to put together a great Stoploss EA, which I have finally gotten to work (see other post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175680 )

I have put it all together from other stoplosses I have come across in this forum, but now the new feature I'd like to add is a TakeProfit function such as in the Hedge EA.

I need a simple way to get current open trades profit and then close all trades to collect the profit if target is reached. I think this should be easy to do but I am not much of a programmer and a bit lost with this.

I'm not fully understanding your idea, and how this can be applied to HedgeEA. Can you explain.

roger

Cash Grab

sbwent, I've attached an EA that closes all trades on the tradestation, both open and pending, when the profit reaches the chosen percent of your your account balance.

Let me know if this is what you want.

Thanks.

Thanks Stevensign.

I think this will do it. I will test and let you know.

kokas:
I'm not fully understanding your idea, and how this can be applied to HedgeEA. Can you explain. roger

Actually Kokas, it probably will not help this particular ea, but will help people who are hedging manually or have multiple hedges open. The stop loss feature is something needed for manual trading, but the option to check current account balance and take a specific target by closing all trades is handy for anyone with multiple trades open and who would like to close all when target is reached.

I need help with one last thing though. It is working perfectly so far but I need some code or a function to scan all open trades and remove the stop losses. When I have this it will be ready to upload for everyone to use.

Reason: