HedgeEA - page 21

What about for eurusd usdjpy and eurjpy?

Is It possible to use only 0.1 lots?

bwilhite:
Maybe you all already know this, but there are two ways to trade correlation, convergence and divergence. If two assets are close together and we expect them to move apart, then we trade divergence. I believe, from looking at the posted statements, that this is the method being used in this EA. So David calls it "balanced" and says that right now is not a good time to open up a position. If we reversed the logic, however, which is basically what I did in my previous post, then we could make money as the two came back into balance with each other, this is trading divergence. In the stock market this is called pair trading, btw. It's actually quite difficult to find good information on it.

Now that I'm thinking...could we trade divergence going out and as we get further and further out we start to trade convergence. Taking profit going out and profit coming back in? Hmmm....

BW

Hi,

Can you take a look at this eafor trading the (majors hedge) equivalents of the Cross rates, and tell me if this is logic that could be incorporated?

HedgeEA Version 5.9

Hi folks a new version is finished.

some improvements:

- Calculations in Pips or USD

- AutoProfit using Bollinger Bands

- eMail notification on hedge closing

Besides the "normal" version of the EA I attach another version that when Bolinger filter is turned on, it will only enter the trades when the prices drops below the Bollinger lower band.

If someone has any idea about ratios and correlation please post

All updates will be on http://www.forexforums.org

I will start new live tests today usings and will be avaiable there.

Many thanks

Nicholishen:
Hi, Can you take a look at this eafor trading the (majors hedge) equivalents of the Cross rates, and tell me if this is logic that could be incorporated?

Hello Nicholishen,

Can you please elaborate a little on the logic of the EA, I'm very new to MQ4 and cannot read the full extension of the build in logic. If you have time it will be awsome...

kokas:
Hello Nicholishen, Can you please elaborate a little on the logic of the EA, I'm very new to MQ4 and cannot read the full extension of the build in logic. If you have time it will be awsome...

You can read about the logic in the thread. The key would be to apply the position algorithm for effectively hedging the counter pair as recommended previously by bwilite

Long GBPJPY and short CHFJPY. In other words we are buying GBPY, selling JPY and selling CHF, buying JPY. In result we are buying GBP and selling CHF. So we can just go long in GBPCHF pair and get the exactly same results.

Now about swaps:

I tooked from my broker:

GBPJPY 2.75/-3.15

GBPCHF 1.9/-2.4

CHFJPY 0.25/-0.55

To exclude JPY we need to buy 1 lot of GBPJPY and sell 2.3 lots of CHFJPY. Now it will be the same as we had opened 1 long lot GBPCH.

Now lets calculate the swaps. The first variant:

1)Long GBPJPY +2.75 pips 1 lot. or in USD (2.75x8.6)=+23.65

2)Short CHFJPY -0.55 pips 2.3 lots. or in USD (-0.55x2.3x8.6)=-10.9

Overall result: +12.75

Now the second variant:

Long GBPCHF +1.9 pips 1 lot. or in USD (1.9x8.2)=+15.58

So .. why you want to hedge and loose some profit on it? It is more profitable to trade only GBPCHF.

Thank you xxDavidxSxx

And I don’t know about average of profit/mount and average number of position/mount that probably occur.

If possible introduce a link/book/reference/... that explain this method perfectly.

Reason: