HedgeEA - page 23

heres results for me so far. I started running 2 positions. Thats why there are 4 open orders.

But heres progress so far.

Dave

Files:
hedge_ea.htm  11 kb

hedje EA v5.7

hello i want to know what's the timesframes for this expert???

thank you...

Healthy and simple addition to HEDGE EA

hello ive been looking into the possibilites of this kind of setup and it has great profit potential. But could I suggest a simple addition to this EA. With the hedge, could you place buy and sell limit orders, when the market goes down it will buy extra lots which are just a fraction of the initial lots bought. when the limit is hit another buy and sell orders are placed.

Sounds strange but the purpose of this is to balance the lot ratio of the selected hedged pairs, also you will also be able to lock in some extra profits by doig this, whichever way the market may go... The exit strategy is still the same as your EA right now which will liquidate all lots once a certain profit target is met.

This also enables the target profit to be achieved in a much quicker pace! the important thing here is the distance of the limit orders depending on the last entered trade, if you are buying the buy limit should be closer than your sell limit and if your last order hit was your sell limit the limits will then be placed with the buy limit being farther. The distance with the ratio of 2:3 is ideal.

dont get confused this is not another martingale strategy because we dont double the lot size and we never put SL and TP. we just let the profits grow until the time we liquidate all positions at once.

It would be nice to see this added in this EA, it would surely complete this EA.

OK thanks again for your EA,

Kind regards and a Firm hand shake

Mikhail

What are you referring to when you say 2:3 ?

mikhaildgreat:
hello ive been looking into the possibilites of this kind of setup and it has great profit potential. But could I suggest a simple addition to this EA. With the hedge, could you place buy and sell limit orders, when the market goes down it will buy extra lots which are just a fraction of the initial lots bought. when the limit is hit another buy and sell orders are placed.

Sounds strange but the purpose of this is to balance the lot ratio of the selected hedged pairs, also you will also be able to lock in some extra profits by doig this, whichever way the market may go... The exit strategy is still the same as your EA right now which will liquidate all lots once a certain profit target is met.

This also enables the target profit to be achieved in a much quicker pace! the important thing here is the distance of the limit orders depending on the last entered trade, if you are buying the buy limit should be closer than your sell limit and if your last order hit was your sell limit the limits will then be placed with the buy limit being farther. The distance with the ratio of 2:3 is ideal.

dont get confused this is not another martingale strategy because we dont double the lot size and we never put SL and TP. we just let the profits grow until the time we liquidate all positions at once.

It would be nice to see this added in this EA, it would surely complete this EA.

OK thanks again for your EA,

Kind regards and a Firm hand shake

Mikhail

Understand, and for you to know, I'm already working on this

roger

kokas:
Understand, and for you to know, I'm already working on this roger

GREAT! Looking forward to it!

keep up the good work!

Best regards and a firm handshake,

Mikhail

kokas:
Understand, and for you to know, I'm already working on this roger

Awesome, any time frame on it's release? Wouldn't mind putting it to the test forward testing it on Monday

Thanks

for some reason when I put this EA on a the gbp/jpy I do not get it to open any trades. I am using the default settings. I am using the alpari metatrader with 1:100 leverage

Do you get any error?

Do you have both pairs visible on market watch window?

Thanks for getting back to me. I do not believe I had the chf/jpy visiible in the market watch window. I clicked on "show all" and it appeared. The market is closed now so I will need to wait. This is a very interesting EA. I hope you can make the improvements like mentioned above where you open a very small trade using a buy limit below the price and a sell limit above the price you got in at.

I saw one way of hedge trading that used the eur/usd and the usd/chf pair starting with 10,000 usd.

They opened up a hedged trade to start with using 1.29 lots of the eur/usd and 1.30 lots of the usd/chf. Say the entry price for the euro/usd was 1.3340 and the usd/chf was 1.1905 Then they opened up a buy limit for the euro/usd 79 pips below the starting price and a sell limit 82 points above using a lot size of 0.02. Also they opened a buy limit at 94 pips below the current price of the usd/chf and a sell limit 103 points above the entry price also 0.02 lots. If the euro/usd drops and the buy limit is triggered then hold on to it as you have now bought it at a lower price and it will make money.

Then close out all of the open buy limit and sell limit orders and reopen them

according to the formula set out in one of the above posts using a ratio of 2:3 They claim just using this basic strategy it makes 20 percent per month including swap and taking profit. That is pretty good but this EA seems better and has more potential than that. thanks for all of the work you have done on this

Rich

Reason: